It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man flies drone (quadcopter) through fireworks,Awesome!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I just saw this posted in my R.C. aircraft flying forum and I just had to share, some of this footage is simply incredible!

Pretty gutsy thing to do also....Watch in full screen for best awesomness!

enjoy!

edit on 8-7-2014 by baddmove because: typo

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

that was pretty awesome indeed! what a great perspective to view the fireworks from, wow.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Awesome besides the music. SnF.
edit on 11731America/ChicagoTue, 08 Jul 2014 23:11:06 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
For those who aren't into Italian popera, below is the trance version of the same video:

The song used is "Touch My Soul" by Luigi Lusini...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Really cool, I wonder if he had to have a permit to fly into it. Must be a pretty expensive set up with the PTZ camera.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I like the music in your video link better

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
a reply to: Murgatroid
Yes the original music is not even compatible with the content.
The trance music is better, though part of the fun of fireworks is the actual sound of the explosions so it's too bad they don't have original audio. The camera on the quadcopter probably doesn't have a mic but he still could have used another recording device for sound and added that.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Wow ... I'm really amazed at the quality and stability of consumer drones nowadays. Apparently this was created with the DJI Phantom 2 drone. At around $1300 retail, it's a bit pricey for a toy but the results are fantastic.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
For those with large monitors...

Using Firefox and the DownloadHelper plugin, download the Trance version 720p mp4 file to the PC and play it back full screen.

SWEET...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadoefax
Wow ... I'm really amazed at the quality and stability of consumer drones nowadays. Apparently this was created with the DJI Phantom 2 drone. At around $1300 retail, it's a bit pricey for a toy but the results are fantastic.

Not exactly a toy...

They're being used for a multitude of commercial applications like real estate photography, land surveys, agricultural use, roof inspections, etc.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Someone left this comment under the video on Youtube:

It must be interesting for the drone to only be observing rockets this time instead of firing them at people.

Made me laugh

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Wow, that was cool!!!

S&F

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
We may have been too quick to rush to judgement on drones. This is amazing. Brilliant idea! Lucky he didn't get shot down...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Amazing! And yes, the original music provided was quite bad, and distracting. A really amazing perspective, nonetheless, and I hope to see future fireworks displays filmed in this way to add the original sound, as others suggested. That would be really mindblowing!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
That was AWESOME!

Thank you for sharing!!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
That was an awesome video.

He did not have any permit or any special permissions.

The FAA has no regulations governing this activity of private drones under 55 pounds.

However -
Metro Nashville TN (Davidson County) was the first city in the nation to pass regulations regarding the usage of remote-controlled aircraft (aircraft under 55 lbs for recreational / hobby use). There is required permit from the Metro govt. after showing proof of $100,000 public liability insurance for operation of a model aircraft, and the operator can only only fly in the public areas where remote-contrl aircraft are allowed (flying fields in public parks or special-permit activities / fun flys elsewhere in the county).

Middle Tennessee Radio Control Society for a look at the regulations.

This law was passed after a new field was opened in 1991 (approx. - a long time ago), and a neighbor was pissed about the noise and overflights of his property. When one plane crashed in the field behind his home, he called 911 and reported a small aircraft crash. Of course he got a full-blown response on that one...but Metro had no law against misleading 911 calls!

That new law was passed...but to quell the neighbor's complaints the new regulations on remote-control aircraft was also passed.

There are two lawsuits against the guy. He did it in one of the few public cities that actually have laws already on the books to act against him.

Hope they get him....not that I like that law, it stopped my flying at that field as rangers camped the boundaries and harrased you if your plane ever crossed the line, and you know how hard it is to figure out where a boundary is that is a half-mile away when you are lining up an aircraft inside it that is also that far away...and 300 feet up...it was just to much hassle to fly there anymore.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

That was really Kool! What a view! Music, bad. I re watched it to MegaDeth Hanger 18. Much Better! LOL!!! Thanx for the Share. S + F for Ya! Later, Syx.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I found this link while reading more on my R.C. forum..

Seems this took place in Fla. back in May..

A good read, please indulge...

www.forbes.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Interesting story...

The thing about it though is just HOW much credibility is there from someone who says one thing but does another?

Doing the exact same thing that they are railing against just doesn't cut it anymore for me.

"The detailed data from the two unrelated sources covering a total 24 drone strikes from 2008 through 2011 show that civilian casualties accounted for 74 percent of the death toll, whereas the NAF tally for the same 24 strikes showed civilian casualties accounted for only 30 percent of the total."

Detailed information from the families of those killed in drone strikes in Pakistan and from local sources on strikes that have targeted mourners and rescue workers provides credible new evidence that the majority of the deaths in the drone war in Pakistan have been civilian noncombatants – not “militants,” as the Obama administration has claimed.

The new evidence also shows that the statistical tally of casualties from drone attacks in Pakistan published on the web site of the New America Foundation (NAF) has been systematically understating the deaths of large numbers of civilians by using a methodology that methodically counts them as “militants.”

The sharply revised picture of drone casualties conveyed by the two new primary sources is further bolstered by the recent revelation that the Obama administration adopted a new practice in 2009 of automatically considering any military-age male killed in a drone strike as a “militant” unless intelligence proves otherwise.

Cover-Up of Civilian Drone Deaths Revealed by New Evidence

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
This proves fireworks make crap anti air artillery = mythbusters busted.
edit on 13-7-2014 by IamSirDrinksalot because: (no reason given)

top topics

join