It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new Mk18 and SureFire SOCOM 5.56 suppressor just came in. :D

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TuEsIncredibiliterStultus

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

a reply to: TuEsIncredibiliterStultus

Nice gun !

Unfortunately here in CA ,lol....

Should I even continue ?

Yeah nay on fully auto
And nay on the 30 round mag

Sucks really....

But looking on the brite side .. I could own one that is semi auto and ten round mag........

You can't own suppressors or SBR's either.

Just rub salt in that wound !

Lol, sorry. Maybe you should move to a state that recognizes the 2nd amendment?
CA, NJ, and NY have always been hilariously horrible with their gun laws. I guess you could try writing to your governor about it or something. Just a thought. Probably wouldn't do sh!t though.

If it makes you feel any better, soon every state will probably be that way if the TPTB get their way.

Heh if they get that way then I'l , I'll summit my app for CA milita ...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

As long as it shoots straight it doesn't matter how much it costs.

Nice set-up.

You'll have to update us and let us know how it shoots!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor
That mk18 is certainly grade a fap material.
I'm broke just adding up your tax stamps.

What optic are you going to run?

Lol, Elcan SpecterDR 1-4x. Already have it.

If you think the tax stamps are expensive, try adding this bad boy up, lol.

Probably over 10 grand for that one gun alone.

I know, I'm insane.

Your not insane! Your thorough.

Doesn't change me wanting to punch you in the stomach for being so awesome. And that doesn't happen often.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

That mk18 is certainly grade a fap material.
I'm broke just adding up your tax stamps.

What optic are you going to run?

Lol, Elcan SpecterDR 1-4x. Already have it.

If you think the tax stamps are expensive, try adding this bad boy up, lol.

Probably over 10 grand for that one gun alone.

I know, I'm insane.

Your not insane! Your thorough.

Doesn't change me wanting to punch you in the stomach for being so awesome. And that doesn't happen often.

That's what I keep saying. If you're gonna do something, you might as well do it right.

And it's not often people want to punch me in the stomach. It's more or less the face or the nuts the majority of the time, lol.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timing
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Nice set-up.

You'll have to update us and let us know how it shoots!

Don't hold your breath. It took over a year and a half just to get to the shop. Now I have to fill out the form 4's and send them in to the ATF. It'll probably be another 8 months to a year before a get these babies home.

Worth the wait though I guess. Just wish they would hire more than two damn people at the ATF to go through and approve the forms.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

What rifle and caliber is that? I am insanely jealous...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous

What rifle and caliber is that? I am insanely jealous...

If you're talking about the sniper it's a custom Surgeon Scalpel with a 24 inch fluted Krieger barrel in .308 (If I remember correctly it's a 1 in 10 twist). It's got a Schmidt and Bender 5-25 PMII on top, and a Thunderbeast 30p-1 suppressor in front. Jewell trigger set to about an ounce. You blow on the trigger and it goes off, lol. The best 5 round group I have with it is in my avatar.

The gun in the OP is a Daniel Defense Mk18 in 5.56 with a Surefire SOCOM 5.56 suppressor on it.

edit on 9-7-2014 by TuEsIncredibiliterStultus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Well then, that sucks. I thought you had to have your tax stamp before you could even order it. Learn something new everyday.

I feel you on the ATF. I think they are too busy selling guns to the Mexican Cartels to approve your purchase.

ETA:

Which makes me wonder after you go through the process once I don't see why you should have to repeat it for every Class III purchase.
edit on 9-7-2014 by Timing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Well then, that sucks.

Yes,...yes it does.

Which makes me wonder after you go through the process once I don't see why you should have to repeat it for every Class III purchase.

I agree 100%, but that would make sense, and you can't have that.

The first time I went through this process it took two months from me walking in the door and ordering the suppressor, to me walking out the door with it in my hand. Like I said, it's been over a year and a half already on this stuff (feels like a lot more) and it just recently arrived at the shop. They're saying it's been taking about 8 months for form 4's recently, so tack that on to what I've already waited and it's a extremely long time to be waiting for something you paid for in full over 2 years prior. Insane how crap like that is just okay in the gun world. In no other industry that I can think of do you have to wait that long for something you ordered, and have it be routine. Maybe ordering a Ferrari or something, or a Master's ticket, but that's all I can think of.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Interesting the difference in the time lines for purchases.

I was thinking the same thing. If you were waiting on a custom classic car from a well sought after builder or something I could see that taking a few years.

Hey at least you know where it's at now. I can only imagine the anxiety of not being able to shoot it though.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I can only imagine the anxiety of not being able to shoot it though.

It's brutal. At least they let me shoot the Thunderbeast suppressor for my sniper, and it was friggin awesome. Speaking of, the new shop that it's at actually has a range too, so maybe they'll let me shoot the stuff while the forms are processing as well? I'll have to call them and find out.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Interesting the difference in the time lines for purchases.

Two words: Sandy Hook.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Two words: Sandy Hook.

With the recent mass shootings and all the weapons being legally purchased I can see how that makes sense.

Yeah man, I'd call them up and see if you can shoot that thing at the range. You might want to ask them how much it costs to set up a cot in the back and see if you can sweep floors for discount ammo when you aren't shooting.

Then you can just casually walk off one day like Forrest Gump when he got tired of running, lol!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Yeah man, I'd call them up and see if you can shoot that thing at the range.

Yeah, I'm gonna do that.

Also, here's the full size AR if anyone cares.

I think I'm gonna get an S&B 3-12x50mm or 4-16x42mm for it beings I'm probably going to put the Elcan on the new mk18. Haven't decided yet. I also have a new Eotech I could put on it too....decisions...

Also I'm probably getting a threaded barrel for the Glock as well as a Glockworx custom slide that has a cut out for a Trijicon RMR red dot. It's gonna be bad a**.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
one of the few good things about the firearms licencing system in the uk (and there are not many) is the fact that as long as it is on your ticket you can have a can on any rifle you own, all it costs is the purchase price or if you are lucky enough to have a father who is a gun smith all it costs is a couple of beers

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: garret

Yeah but are you even allowed to own handguns over there?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: garret

I'll take that as a no, lol.

A little update on the full size btw:

and also the mk18. I put the Eotech on it because it was built to see over the laser and the Elcan is going on the other when it arrives.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

10k !! That's crazy

I'll keep my mossin 7.62×54r

Best dam 100$ I have ever spent !

I have 2 91/30's and an M44.

Great rifles just don't shoot them within 50 yards of anything flammable and wear sunglasses at night...lol

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Considering my Modded Glock thread got closed because some people with sticks up their a**es decided to talk sh!t, I'll post the Glock here too. I'm only posting it because I just got some fairly sweet upgrades on it.

Still fits in the holster too.

Red Dot:

I also got a barrel for it that's threaded for a suppressor.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join