It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism Deniers! Stop Pretending You're Persecuted!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

Anyone who makes judgements or general statements solely 'based' upon race is a racist by definition.

OH yeah!

Like this RACIST!

“The one thing we are going to do during this work period, sooner rather than later, is to ensure that women’s lives are not determine by virtue of five white men,” Reid said. “This Hobby Lobby decision is outrageous and we are going to do something about it. People are going to have to walk down here and vote.”

Not persecuted eh

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Harry Reid at it again !!!

What a gaffe !!!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Hoax.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

The Chinese were also treated Very Badly and brought to America to work in the Gold Fields and on the Rail Roads and paid Very, Very Poorly, there was a law passed the the Chinese men could not send back for their wives and fanilies and the younger men could not marry out of their race.

But by the mid 1800's, a seething anti-Chinese sentiment among the working classes was developing. Chinese immigrants became scapegoats for economic hardships because of their race and culture, willingness to work for lower wages and unwillingness to unionize with non-Chinese. Anti-Chinese agitation eventually convinced Congress to pass a national Chinese Exclusion Act in 1882. This law excluded Chinese from entering the United States until its repeal in 1943. Furthermore, the Chinese immigrants, 90% men, were declared ineligible for citizenship or to marry outside their race.

Following the passage of this act, many incidents of deadly violence and ethnic cleansing occurred against the Chinese. This period of American history is now known as "The Driving Out" with forced removals of the Chinese from Cherry Creek, Colorado; Tacoma, Washington; Tombstone, Arizona; Rock Spring, Wyoming; and Redlands, and California. A popular saying came into the American lexicon "He doesn't stand a Chinaman's chance." 1

Sacramento's Chinatown was no different than the rest of America. But the resilient nature of Chinese businessmen and their tenacious attitude towards the hostility of white society was best tested after the "Driving Out." Mysterious fires were rampant in America's Chinatowns and Sacramento was no exception. Although untouched by the first major fire which swept through Sacramento in 1852. The second fire of similar intensity on July 1854 destroyed the greater part of the downtown blocks on both the north and south side of I Street from Third to Seventh Streets. Many canvas structures and wood shanty-like buildings quickly fell victim to the racing flames. Many Chinese lives were lost and their belongs scattered.

Link

The Chinese were considered by employers as "reliable" workers who would continue working, without complaint, even under destitute conditions.[1]
Chinese migrant workers encountered considerable prejudice in the United States, especially by the people who occupied the lower layers in white society, because Chinese "coolies" were used as a scapegoat for depressed wage levels by politicians and labor leaders.[2] Cases of physical assaults on Chinese include the Chinese massacre of 1871 in Los Angeles and the murder of Vincent Chin.

LINKY

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

To "elaborate" on your first quote, it is well known (though not taught in today's Liberal Indoctrination centers called schools) that the Irish suffered horribly during slavery BEFORE slaves were BOUGHT from AFRICAN SLAVERS when the Americas began being settled. More than half of Ireland's population was put into slavery by England after England crushed their rebellion. Slavery has been around since before written history in ALL cultures. It has existed locally within a nations own borders, and Imperially when one nation conqurered another. Stop acting like black people are a special case. And stop acting like Europeans went in and conqured Africa and then took everyone to America on slave ships. Europeans bought slaves from AFRICAN SLAVERS who had themselves taken slaves from a rival tribe. It's the way the world works. As long as humans are alive, we are going to commit attrocities on one another. I refuse to be told I somehow sub consciously discriminate against black people because of something that happened over 350 years and am seperated by a minimum of 5 mother#ing generations from the END of, that they themselves (my ancestors) also had nothing to do with, and even spilled their own blood in pursuit of the end of. A black man is our president, he couldn't have gotten their without white peoples votes, I myself have served under several black officers and senior enlisted leadership in my 4 years in the Marines, my current Company Commander is a black man, and my first 2 years in the Marine Corps, the 1st MARINE DIVISION was under the command of a Black man. The opportunities for black people are out there, black people simply need the drive and motivation to have a good life, not complain because of how bad they have it today and somehow blame it on something that was abolished 50 years ago during the civil rights movement.

edit on 10-7-2014 by chuck258 because: .

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

The Chinese were also treated Very Badly and brought to America to work in the Gold Fields and on the Rail Roads and paid Very, Very Poorly, there was a law passed the the Chinese men could not send back for their wives and fanilies and the younger men could not marry out of their race.

That's 100% true. In fact, prior to xenophobic fear and hatred of Chinese immigrants (The Yellow Peril!), there was NO restriction on immigration. Think about that while you're joining in on the conservative hate fest over illegal immigration.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
S&F thanks a lot for this rant I agree with the Op. Unfortunately this is the attitude of the majority of ATS you can see it in the new topics all the time. It scares me to believe that people actually believe this non sense. But everybody has the right to free speech even if it is bigoted and idiotic.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Un-freakin-real.

When did it become popular to post asinine arguments in defense of random bigots whenever one of these jerks is called out for making offensive remarks publicly? (2008?) It never fails, some prominent ahole or one of his staffers tweets a bigoted sentiment or goes on some hare-brain tirade and as soon as there is a post about it, a flood of deniers rush in with the same tired arguments and fake outrage.

"Why is it fair that black people can call white people 'cracker' or 'honky' !?"

When exactly was the time when white folks where the victim of oppression at the hands of minorities in America? Where's the history of institutionalized racism against white people? When were we, as a race, disenfranchised in this country? Forbidden from owning land? When did white people have to fight against racists for their civil rights?

When was the last time a white person was called a "honky" let alone offended by being called one? Oh no, please don't call me a "cracker" that might lead to cops harassing me for my skin color! I might be denied a loan! My affluent neighbors may see "whitey" move in next door and lament to themselves, "oh great, there goes the neighborhood!"

STOP PRETENDING THAT WHITE PEOPLE ARE PERSECUTED

What a bunch of disingenuous whiners!

While I'm at it, let me extend this rant to some other unjustified blabbering:

It's now all the rage for Christians to claim that they are being persecuted and to say indefensibly stupid things like, "Muslims have an elevated status in this country." Who the hell honestly believes that?

The gay agenda perpetrated by "militant gays"? It doesn't freakin' exist. It's called people fighting for their civil rights and the ability to be who they are without fear of reprisal. Not being allowed to discriminate against the gay people in society is NOT a form of persecution. Being suspended from your reality TV show or fired for tweeting stupid bigoted things is NOT persecution — it's called a morals clause.

You need to learn your history my friend.

The whole racism joke - enslavement of black people by white people - is a myth.

99.999% of white people were sent to work in the mines or factories at 5 years old, they worked up to 16 hours per day, 6 days per week and were paid just enough to keep them alive.

They didn't have property, could hardly afford food, and certainly couldn't afford, didn't need, and didn't want a slave.

They were little more than slaves themselves.

In fact the first slaves were the Irish, sent to work on the sugar & cotton planations - and they were white.

The reality is that it wasn't the whites taking advantage of the blacks, it was the rich taking advantage of the poor.

They didn't and don't care what colour you are, what religion you are, what nationality you are, you're just a commodity to them with a $ value, as are we all.

They are still at it today, and instead of us all standing together and sorting them out, they've got us all fighting each other because they have us focusing on the things that make us different, rather than the important thing that we all have in common.

And that is that we are all slaves to their system and are all being taking advantage of on an industrial scale.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Why do we keep electing these people for the roles they clearly have no clue how to do, no desire to do and probably don't even remember taking their oaths of office, or what that even means.

We need not politicians, but statesmen.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I am not making this post to offend anyone, or decry your post, but..

I will ask you a question.

Why is there such a double standard?

Why is it that people of color are allowed to do things that white people would NEVER be allowed to do without a huge outcry of racism?

First of all, lets look at the definition of persecution:

Persecution: To oppress or harass with ill-treatment, especially because of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs.

This is a dating site that is exclusionary by race. I am assuming a white person cannot use this site. If this is in fact true, it would mean that a group of people are being excluded from an activity because of skin color, ie race. Being barred from something can be viewed as ill treatment, or even harassment. So it fits the definition of persecution.

Suppose, there was a site like this one, for white people to meet, and was racially exclusive, and a black person wanted to register but was denied because of skin color? A definite argument could be made that such a site, being racially exclusive, would be, by nature racist.

Now, if I was to go to this site and try to register, which at least implies racial exclusion,and was not allowed to register, again because of my skin color, how is this NOT as racist as the first example? That in a nutshell, is one of the reasons white people feel discrimination. Because of this double standard that DOES exist. IE, whites are not allowed to behave in this way without being called racists, but people of color are.

I am really at a loss to understand how people who are promoting such things don't see the hypocrisy.

I am not a racist, I have nothing against anyone, and believe all people have good and bad individuals, and we should not generalize. But IMHO this constitutes a double standard that shows up again and again in our society, and should not be allowed any more than racism against black people should be allowed. For a rule to apply and be just, it has to apply to EVERYONE.

So my question is a simple one. Why is it black people are allowed to exclude white people from things, and not have the activity viewed as racist?

edit on 11-7-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

edit on 11/7/14 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
edit on 11-7-2014 by wanderingconfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: oblvion

originally posted by: rustyclutch
a reply to: oblvion

You do realize that europeans ran most of those countries right? Some until around the 90's. How much gold does Europe produce? How much oil? Natural gas? How many diamonds? Europeans have almost no natural resources so they dominate the rest of the world to get them. That is why black culture is a fail in Africa. It's a fail in America because the government conspired against us and floods our neighborhoods with drugs. Has been doing so for at least 60 years. The few of us that DO flourish have to truly be one step ahead.

You make a very good point about the government conspiring against the black community in America. Zoning laws alone wouldnt allow a liquor store on every corner of a predominately white neighborhood. However, are the liquor stores there to ruin the neighborhood, or are they there because there is demand for their products? Same goes for drugs. Are they being sold there to destroy black families and lives, or are they being sold there because of demand. I honestly dont know the answer to this, but I personally suspect it is combination of the 2 factors.

I dont know any solution possible here, unless someone from the continent could unite them all through some great act, or ruthless dictatorship.

I participate on another forum and lurk ALOT here.

I ran into this argument on the other forum where the blacks are oppressed because their neighborhoods are filled with liquor stores, drugs etc...

This was my reply.

"I came from a broken home - AND we lived in a school district where the line was drawn around our neighborhood with low property values and got less tax money going to our school district. My momma worked 3 jobs and still found time to make sure I made it past a 4th grade reading level. I guess it all boils down to priorities. Instead of hanging out in the streets and collecting goverment handouts she sacrificed many many things to make sure I got the education I needed. There were no rich white parents for my mother to lean on. Her mother was a single mother. In our family instead of making excuses we make things happen from nothing!"

For me, in today's times it is all about choices. I don't care what anyone says, I could have been another statistic but my momma made a choice of making sure she broke the cycle. The same goes for my husband. He came from the same neighborhood that I did and also from a broken home. We are an interracial couple he is black and I am white. We struggled together and this only made us stronger. Struggles is what builds character along with strength.

OP - As much as it pains me to say I do see how society is pushing for the white apologist mentality AND persecution. It is sad that equality can't mean just that - equal. But again we have choices. I refuse to be apologetic for being white - well European, Native Indian, Irish, German and Italian - let alone being a woman. I chose not to be of that mindset.

As one poster so eloquently said in this thread - want to end racism? - stop talking about it!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

You OP, are widely misinformed.

My WHITE grandmother was a slave. That's right, my GRANDmother. Not great or great-great. My grandmother was sold into slavery as a 2 year old and worked as a dishwasher. She is in two different books on slavery that my family knows of.

So yes, "white people" absolutely have been persecuted just like every other race or culture on this Earth. There is a racist on this thread, and it's you. A wonderful product of the sad state of education, I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

You OP, are widely misinformed.

My WHITE grandmother was a slave. That's right, my GRANDmother. Not great or great-great. My grandmother was sold into slavery as a 2 year old and worked as a dishwasher. She is in two different books on slavery that my family knows of.

So yes, "white people" absolutely have been persecuted just like every other race or culture on this Earth. There is a racist on this thread, and it's you. A wonderful product of the sad state of education, I'm sure.

Really? Where and when was your white grandmother a slave?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

This is a dating site that is exclusionary by race. I am assuming a white person cannot use this site. If this is in fact true, it would mean that a group of people are being excluded from an activity because of skin color, ie race. Being barred from something can be viewed as ill treatment, or even harassment. So it fits the definition of persecution.

You're assuming that to be the case. There is also Christian Mingle and JDate and dating sites for any manner of people seeking a specific sort of potential mate but I don't know that any of them specifically exclude anyone. That said, dating sites I imagine are excluded from anti-discrimination law because they're basically a private club. This is not persecution just as the KKK refusing black members would not be persecution.

I stated my position quite clearly, this thread is not about individuals' bigotry but rather systematic persecution of an entire group of people or in this case, the COMPLETE LACK OF.

There are groups of white people who have been variously persecuted in this country, mostly for things like national origin or religious belief. Mormons for instance, were historically persecuted. Irish immigrants were historically persecuted by nativists. White homosexuals have been and are still subject to persecution. There is a commonality in every example of persecution that is being blithely ignored and that is the power differential.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

The whole racism joke - enslavement of black people by white people - is a myth.

99.999% of white people were sent to work in the mines or factories at 5 years old, they worked up to 16 hours per day, 6 days per week and were paid just enough to keep them alive.

The rare lunatic who flat out denies that slavery even existed. Strangely, I have in my possession documents relating to the purchase and subsequent registration of two female, black slaves in the Indiana Territory in 1802 by my own 5th great grandfather.

I also have copies of page after page from censuses and tax rolls that include columnar data accounting for the numbers of "negro slaves." Then there are the documents relating to indentured servants (Europeans) who lived in the households of some of my ancestors. Not to mention a collection of historic periodicals and books attesting to aspects of daily life from the 18th century onward. It happened. I don't feel personally responsible for it (why would I?) but why would I deny that it happened?

Conflating the abuses and exploitation of poor whites during the industrial revolution has little bearing on the modern day assertion that white people in this country are a persecuted group. If you want to discuss subjugation of the poor by the rich, I'll gladly agree that it's been going on throughout human history and continues to this very day but this is neither the purpose nor topic of this thread.

Specifically, I'm arguing against the assumption by some that whites, Christians and heterosexuals are subject to persecution (for being white, Christian or heterosexual) in present day America.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Europeans shouldn't of been so lazy and built America without slave labor. I also can't stand how the ecosystem is being trashed by corporations mostly ran by white people. If ww3 happens anytime soon the white european ptb will be the ones to start it.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Power_Semi

The rare lunatic who flat out denies that slavery even existed. Strangely, I have in my possession documents relating to the purchase and subsequent registration of two female, black slaves in the Indiana Territory in 1802 by my own 5th great grandfather.

I also have copies of page after page from censuses and tax rolls that include columnar data accounting for the numbers of "negro slaves." Then there are the documents relating to indentured servants (Europeans) who lived in the households of some of my ancestors. Not to mention a collection of historic periodicals and books attesting to aspects of daily life from the 18th century onward. It happened. I don't feel personally responsible for it (why would I?) but why would I deny that it happened?

Conflating the abuses and exploitation of poor whites during the industrial revolution has little bearing on the modern day assertion that white people in this country are a persecuted group. If you want to discuss subjugation of the poor by the rich, I'll gladly agree that it's been going on throughout human history and continues to this very day but this is neither the purpose nor topic of this thread.

Specifically, I'm arguing against the assumption by some that whites, Christians and heterosexuals are subject to persecution (for being white, Christian or heterosexual) in present day America.

I am not denying that slavery even existed, you need to learn how to read, and more importantly understand the words.

What I am saying is that the issue that has been put forward is that white people took advantage of black people, but this isn't true.

It was rich people who took advantage of poor people and they didn't care what colour you were.

That's why you had white slaves and black slave traders - colour had nothing to do with it.

People who were apprentices - indentured - were nothing more than slaves, they were effectively bought and were unpaid labour - they were predominantly white.

But this is the myth we've been taught to believe and so we're all at each others throats instead of going after the real culprits, who STILL have us ALL enslaved in their system.

You are part of the problem - you are so embroiled in your anger at things that happened to other people several hundred years ago that you've somehow incorporated this into the idea that you are the victim, and as soon as you see anything you think you can be angry about - like a paragraph in my post - you stop reading, stop thinking, and start ranting.

We can't do anything about things that happened in the past, but we can do something about things that are happening now, but it won't happen because people like you want to believe the fairy story rather than open your eyes and look at the facts.
edit on 14-7-2014 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Just stop talking about it already!!

Stop.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join