Racism Deniers! Stop Pretending You're Persecuted!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Thank you for sharing your experience. The meeting with the band director does indeed sound like one of encountering a racist person with some clearly asinine, bigoted views such as "we find they can't keep up" (really???).

Yes, there was a completely separate set of them for minorities! If she made the same amount of money, but were Black, Hispanic, or Asian, I would have gotten free lunches.

I can't speak to the guidelines for free and reduced lunch programs in 1983, but afaik, the guidelines are standardized for the program these days and race isn't a consideration. If you have a grandparent who is a tribal member, you were eligible for a number of college scholarships. Would you consider that persecution?

My rant is about people in the majority (racially, politically, economically, etc), who are being made to feel persecuted and have embraced this lie.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

As mentioned above, about assistance denial of help- How about when a family is in need but turned down because their older car that got them to work so they would not have to spend hours and hours riding the bus, to keep a roof over their head "costs too much" yet women with "bling", expensive car, clothes, hair and nails are given benefits. That's South Florida.

I don't really understand what this has to do with my rant. Are you saying that there is racial discrimination in the eligibility for social safety net programs in Florida and therefore white people should feel persecuted and in the spirit of solidarity should defend any other white person against all charges of racism?

I went through the eligibility pre-screener and at no point did it ask for my race, religion or sexual orientation. I finished without feeling the least bit persecuted.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian People like Reginald Denny,Stephen Utash,and Johnathon Foster? Quit telling one side of the story. Embrace your humanity and stand against racism on both sides. It seems your problem is that you don't really want to end oppression, you just want to be the one doing the oppressing.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

As mentioned above, about assistance denial of help- How about when a family is in need but turned down because their older car that got them to work so they would not have to spend hours and hours riding the bus, to keep a roof over their head "costs too much" yet women with "bling", expensive car, clothes, hair and nails are given benefits. That's South Florida.

I don't really understand what this has to do with my rant. Are you saying that there is racial discrimination in the eligibility for social safety net programs in Florida and therefore white people should feel persecuted and in the spirit of solidarity should defend any other white person against all charges of racism?

I went through the eligibility pre-screener and at no point did it ask for my race, religion or sexual orientation. I finished without feeling the least bit persecuted.

How does that insinuate that I even mean that? Of course, I don't feel that "therefore white people should feel persecuted and in the spirit of solidarity should defend any other white person against all charges of racism." Racists are racists despite color.

It's countering that you are saying these things NEVER happen. Simply because they never happen to you.

It exists on more than just one side. Dismissing either is furthering divide and conquer.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

OK, I'm going to make this simple for you, since you're not getting it.

If you favor any race(s) over another in any way, shape or form, you are by default discriminating against the other race(s) left out.

Affirmative action, for example. Courts are FINALLY seeing that that is indeed discrimination. Wasn't it a group of police officers that sued because their scores were higher, yet passed over for promotion in favor of minorities to meet a quota? They won BTW.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Somehow this got twisted into where we are now. Yes, White people are being discriminated against, as are every other race by anyone you can imagine. It happens everyday, from all walks of life, from people you least suspect. Kinda like the vocal anti gay guy caught with another guy in a toilet stall.

Racism is wrong no matter where it comes from.

Yet somehow it's more wrong if whites notice it's happening to them, and is publicly being brought to their attention?

YOU are discriminating by denying it.

Again, I call BS on the whole deal.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch

How about when a family is in need but turned down because their older car that got them to work so they would not have to spend hours and hours riding the bus, to keep a roof over their head "costs too much" yet women with "bling", expensive car, clothes, hair and nails are given benefits. That's South Florida.

Hehe that's more than South Florida...thats a few people I'm related to. Poor parenting skills, drug addictions,broken homes. Not being taught what to value in this world. Growing up on the system. I didnt grow up on welfare, my mom went and worked. I have never been on welfare and refuse handouts. My cousins, their parents got hooked on crack in the 80's. They grew up in and out of foster care. Getting food stamps. Living in the worst neighborhoods. No one cared how they did in school. No one pushed them. No one encouraged them to do the right things. Thus they became the people you describe.

THIS

A very good picture of whats wrong with families today. I'm glad you had a mom that worked, and gave you values to live by. So many kids out there today, and young adults too, have no clue about right and wrong and personal responsibility.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: theantediluvian People like Reginald Denny,Stephen Utash,and Johnathon Foster? Quit telling one side of the story. Embrace your humanity and stand against racism on both sides. It seems your problem is that you don't really want to end oppression, you just want to be the one doing the oppressing.

This doesn't even make sense. You think that name dropping notable white victims of black assailants is proof that white people should feel persecuted? I'm not sure what you're trying to say about me wanting to oppress anyone. Please explain that. What I want is for you to stop acting like somebody calling you a cracker is a real issue.

I'll gladly stand against bigotry against anyone as well as false accusations of bigotry. Which is pretty much the point of the rant.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian It is proof that whites and blacks are both victims of racial attacks.
It is just as much of an issue as someone calling you a dirty word. No free passes for racists of any color. That thread is closed. How bout you say something else besides that dirty word? I don't say the N word yet you feel it's ok to say the C word because of "white privelege". It is offensive please stop.
edit on 8-7-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

When was the last time a white person was called a "honky" let alone offended by being called one? Oh no, please don't call me a "cracker" that might lead to cops harassing me for my skin color! I might be denied a loan! My affluent neighbors may see "whitey" move in next door and lament to themselves, "oh great, there goes the neighborhood!"
LOLOL

You are getting close the "edge".

Get it all off your chest

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

I'm afraid you didn't make it simple enough because I'm having trouble relating your comments to the topic of this rant or even to the specific post to which you've replied. Would you be kind enough to please quote something I said that would indicate that I am denying the existence of racism when the victim is white?

What exactly have you said that refutes the premise of my rant? That people who aren't heterosexual Christian white folks can be bigots? Isn't that obvious?

What I was ranting about was people feeling persecuted without good cause. Specifically, I'm charging that there is an effort among right-wing media sources to make WHITE HETEROSEXUAL CHRISTIANS FEEL AS THOUGH THEY ARE BEING PERSECUTED. There's a profound difference. Persecution implies a systematic mistreatment.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
They came as slaves; vast human cargo transported on tall British ships bound for the Americas. They were shipped by the hundreds of thousands and included men, women, and even the youngest of children.

Whenever they rebelled or even disobeyed an order, they were punished in the harshest ways. Slave owners would hang their human property by their hands and set their hands or feet on fire as one form of punishment. They were burned alive and had their heads placed on pikes in the marketplace as a warning to other captives.

We don’t really need to go through all of the gory details, do we? We know all too well the atrocities of the African slave trade.

But, are we talking about African slavery?
www.globalresearch.ca...

Just sayin'. No race has a monopoly on persecution,racism,or discrimination. So cut it out.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Not coincidentally, here's what you said earlier today in this other thread:

a reply to: Moresby Though I am no fan of bigotry, Michelle Obama has urged all minorities to "look for racism". If you seek you will find.
Logically though, if racism was that rampant you wouldn't have to look for it. In our oversensitive PC society it hits the front page if you make a slur in a private conversation.
However if you refer to a white person as a "racist cracker" it is perfectly acceptable. If a GROUP of blacks beats a white almost to death it's not racially motivated, if a store clerk asks a black person "may i help you" it's hate speech.
In America it's all about pointing fingers at whites and making up non-sense buzz phrases like "white privilege". Racism is totally acceptable in the US as long as it is anti-white.
It's not really about race at all,it's about money. If Farrakhan, Jackson, Sharpton, and Obama types didn't foment and stir up racial hatred they'd be broke and/or unemployed.

You're of course a prime example of the person who my rant was directed at. You're only interested in promoting the lie that you and I are part of a persecuted group.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

"Why is it fair that black people can call white people 'cracker' or 'honky' !?"

When exactly was the time when white folks where the victim of oppression at the hands of minorities in America? Where's the history of institutionalized racism against white people? When were we, as a race, disenfranchised in this country? Forbidden from owning land? When did white people have to fight against racists for their civil rights?

When was the last time a white person was called a "honky" let alone offended by being called one? Oh no, please don't call me a "cracker" that might lead to cops harassing me for my skin color! I might be denied a loan! My affluent neighbors may see "whitey" move in next door and lament to themselves, "oh great, there goes the neighborhood!"

STOP PRETENDING THAT WHITE PEOPLE ARE PERSECUTED

Umm...

Plenty of times. The Irish for one.

I rest my case.

The saddest part about post the modern black victim mentality is that they truly believe they and their race are the only ones to ever 'really' 'truly' experience "real racism"... ugh.

If you are black and choose to embrace this kind of thinking I feel really sorry for you as you're selling yourself short.
edit on 9-7-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian Yes I did say that and yes I am aware that this thread is an attempted personal attack on me.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I don't think you have much or any experience being on the receiving end this crap. It's true whites aren't persecuted in most parts of the US. It is also true that whites are persecuted in areas where they are in a distinct minority of population. Your argument is poor and actually proves that whites are victims of racism like any other race. What I find amusing is why you have a problem with white skinned folk letting others know of the atrocities they experience. Do you enjoy watching people suffer?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch
a reply to: oblvion

Blacks culture the world over is a fail. I dont know exactly what turned one of the earliest advanced cultures on the planet into the current state of affairs for them, but black culture the entire planet over is self destructive, and criminal by the laws of most countries.

You do realize that europeans ran most of those countries right? Some until around the 90's. How much gold does Europe produce? How much oil? Natural gas? How many diamonds? Europeans have almost no natural resources so they dominate the rest of the world to get them. That is why black culture is a fail in Africa. It's a fail in America because the government conspired against us and floods our neighborhoods with drugs. Has been doing so for at least 60 years. The few of us that DO flourish have to truly be one step ahead.

You make a very good point about the government conspiring against the black community in America. Zoning laws alone wouldnt allow a liquor store on every corner of a predominately white neighborhood. However, are the liquor stores there to ruin the neighborhood, or are they there because there is demand for their products? Same goes for drugs. Are they being sold there to destroy black families and lives, or are they being sold there because of demand. I honestly dont know the answer to this, but I personally suspect it is combination of the 2 factors.

Africa was wrecked by the Europeans. Though we dont see the same kinds of behaviors from the locals in any of the other areas they wrecked. Hell they even threw all the convicts on Australia, look how it turned out. India is not doing so bad, the Middle East.....we cant really blame the Europeans for that, it was crazy long before they showed up.

So I on the one hand do agree that many of Africa's problems stem from the European colonials, but most are their problems they created.

There has been basically nonstop war in Africa my entire 36 years. By now you would think they would have figured out that killing each other isnt going to help anything, any more than raping each others women, or starving each others kids.

I dont know any solution possible here, unless someone from the continent could unite them all through some great act, or ruthless dictatorship.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This can't be a serious thread. Of course it exists, every facet of life is covered with this crap.

Anyone who makes judgements or general statements solely 'based' upon race is a racist by definition. Doesn't matter which direction it goes, doesn't matter what role they play in it, they've just pinned themselves as such by words and actions....

It's sadly perpetuated by politicians and groups who think they should be entitled to something for an event that happened in the past that we weren't even alive for. Also there are people who make their money off perpetuating it. Look in the news next time there's an 'issue' with this and look at who's banging the drums of racism - they'll be the face plastered all over the newspapers, net and TV.

I also find it sad that in general, we as human beings have let ourselves be manipulated by those who want to pit one against the other for power or profit - are we all really that gullible, mentally malleable and blind? We must be, as we continue to beat the drum of racism on their behalf, pretending that it's acceptable to do so because THEY do it. It's disgusting in the least...

There is a simple fix for this, and it's partially based upon what Morgan Freeman said in an interview:
(I like Morgan Freemans interview with Mike Wallace, short but here it is)

www.youtube.com...

Want to end racism? STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

When was the last time some white person was offended by being called cracker honkey , (among other names) you ask? seventh grade los angeles only white girl in every single one of my classes and the kids made sure I never forgot it. I was held down by two black teens and a Mexican so one black teen could beat the crap put of me, for no reason for other than being white (being held against ones will is oppression right?). Yes, it can hurt sometimes.

"White" people are pissed off right now because we are constantly being reminded that we are white and that is wrong. We are being blamed for something we took no part in (to deny this is to lie to oneself). I do not know any original colonists first hand do you? The Spanish enslaved Africans too, where is the hate for them?

But what the heck is white anyway? Are we Norwegian, Jewish, Irish, Russian, Swiss, Greek, Hungarian, French, Polish, Italian? Native Americans sometimes look white too, this is what an American is we are a conglomerate of human beings from different places, different nations, different cultures and ways. Research history and you will see that each group of "white" people were at one point in time oppressed. Hate to break it to you, but Black people were not the only group of people enslaved by others for selfish gain. FYI: Black men first enslaved black people, you do realize that right?

People are mad at us for fighting for the same rights that others have. People, "white", black, Asian, etc... have and will continue to fight for rights since the beginning of time until the day the human race exists no more. Why are Black people and gays the only ones who have a right to fight for their basic human rights? Yes, that's right. Us white people have a basic RIGHT to NOT be held responsible for acts committed by others.

One right also up in the air for whites is the freedom of speech that you would deny us, but offer up to black and gays. We have all said things (I can wager that you have as well) things inside private homes that are no one else's business. We (all people) speak without thinking at some point in our lives, should we all be persecuted for it? errr....I mean only the white people right? Because the way I see it, Black men, women and children can say whatever they damn well please.... right? Isn't that what you are advocating? Their insults mean nothing but yet when whitey opens his/her mouth the shtf.

You know what is really scary about you thread? So many people agree with you that "whites" are wrong for not wanting to feel guilty for sins not committed by them. That people can blame others for things that happened when they were not even born yet, is really scary. That people can think that only black people get a pass at free speech is really scary. It is not that hard to feel persecuted when you think about it.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Un-freakin-real.

When did it become popular to post asinine arguments in defense of random bigots whenever one of these jerks is called out for making offensive remarks publicly? (2008?) It never fails, some prominent ahole or one of his staffers tweets a bigoted sentiment or goes on some hare-brain tirade and as soon as there is a post about it, a flood of deniers rush in with the same tired arguments and fake outrage.

"Why is it fair that black people can call white people 'cracker' or 'honky' !?"

When exactly was the time when white folks where the victim of oppression at the hands of minorities in America? Where's the history of institutionalized racism against white people? When were we, as a race, disenfranchised in this country? Forbidden from owning land? When did white people have to fight against racists for their civil rights?

STOP PRETENDING THAT WHITE PEOPLE ARE PERSECUTED

What a bunch of disingenuous whiners!

While I'm at it, let me extend this rant to some other unjustified blabbering:

It's now all the rage for Christians to claim that they are being persecuted and to say indefensibly stupid things like, "Muslims have an elevated status in this country." Who the hell honestly believes that?

The gay agenda perpetrated by "militant gays"? It doesn't freakin' exist. It's called people fighting for their civil rights and the ability to be who they are without fear of reprisal. Not being allowed to discriminate against the gay people in society is NOT a form of persecution. Being suspended from your reality TV show or fired for tweeting stupid bigoted things is NOT persecution — it's called a morals clause.

You have some good, valid points. But you are missing one thing...equality. Everyone wants equality and (I believe) everyone is willing to give it. But then you have those who want more...special treatment. I understand what was in the past and if you want revenge, that is up to you. But if you want equality...then there are whites, christians and many others that are being attacked by bigots. That is the truth and can be proven. So...lets ALL agree on equality for who and what we are as people. Then...CHARACTER will dictate your destiny. And based upon CHARACTER, there is rarely equality.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have a dream.

I have a glorious dream!

That people will be judged on the content of the character instead of their skin color.

Just waiting on those who never stop playing the GD race card to look up what the definition for character is.

I have another dream!

I have another glorious dream !

That one day a person could actually discuss politics without someone throwing out the race card.

Because they can't win on facts.

Because they can't win on substance.

Because they have no real argument to stand on.

Persecuted ?

Hell yeah.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join