It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism Deniers! Stop Pretending You're Persecuted!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

Is there a white TV network? If there were, would it be considered by all mainstream media to be racist?

Is there a united white college fund? There actually was a few years back, it got canned for being racist, was even denied government funding for being racist, but the UNCF(united negro college fund) isnt....very telling.

Is there a NAAWP? No, even if there were, it would be racist

Wow. It's like I was teleported back to the third grade schoolyard growing up in rural Georgia. I actually cut an anecdote from my rant that I'll now share.

When I was 8 or 9, some kid at school was making the same ridiculous argument to me.

"How is it fair that they have BET?! What if white people had WET?!"

So I went home and after dinner, posed that question to my (registered Republican) father.

"Dad, isn't it wrong that there is a BET for black people? Isn't that racist?"

after considering for a moment, my father said, "No." to which I asked, "Well we don't have WET do we?"

and he said, "That's what all the other stations on the television are."

This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Can you imagine if your parents (or you, I have no idea how old you are) had to ride on the back of the bus, drink from a different water fountain, were met at the polling station by the klan, had poor educational opportunities and little hope of accumulating wealth?

The NAACP was founded 55 years BEFORE THEN.

The rest of your racist remarks can fall flat all on their own. I have nothing more to say to you.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: theantediluvian

Nothing apologetic about my retort whatsoever!

The fact is that as long as the politically correct left, keep crying racism, then they are guilty of perpetuating it!

How is it that young children for the most part will play with other children of different color skin without thinking twice about it??

They learn from adults! Guess what? How many of them are learning to hate from listening to the race pimps screaming about it?

As someone already mentioned, "If we ignore it, it will go away.". Maybe not so much, but using it as a political agenda is most certainly more dirty and disgusting that those whom were brought up to hate people of a different color skin!

I guess logic goes out the window though when I show how "racism" is used to promote a political agenda though.......

Your points arent lost on most of us. Just most of us arent inclined to say so. I am one that doesnt give 2 tosses or a piss about what "they" think.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian I was in Earl C Clements job corps center when the majority black population there started a huge riot and beat almost to death every white student that couldn't find a place to hide. Friends of mine had broken bones and fractured skulls. One guy had his ear ripped off solely because he was white. The white prison population generally knows the fear of being the wrong color. Power corrupts. The wealthy screw the poor, powerful screw the powerless no matter what the race.
People are selfish. People are hateful. There are racists of every color and stripe.The funny thing about racism is that it doesn't discriminate.

edit on 8-7-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Is there a white TV network? If there were, would it be considered by all mainstream media to be racist?

Is there a united white college fund? There actually was a few years back, it got canned for being racist, was even denied government funding for being racist, but the UNCF(united negro college fund) isnt....very telling.

Is there a NAAWP? No, even if there were, it would be racist

Wow. It's like I was teleported back to the third grade schoolyard growing up in rural Georgia. I actually cut an anecdote from my rant that I'll now share.

When I was 8 or 9, some kid at school was making the same ridiculous argument to me.

"How is it fair that they have BET?! What if white people had WET?!"

So I went home and after dinner, posed that question to my (registered Republican) father.

"Dad, isn't it wrong that there is a BET for black people? Isn't that racist?"

after considering for a moment, my father said, "No." to which I asked, "Well we don't have WET do we?"

and he said, "That's what all the other stations on the television are."

This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Can you imagine if your parents (or you, I have no idea how old you are) had to ride on the back of the bus, drink from a different water fountain, were met at the polling station by the klan, had poor educational opportunities and little hope of accumulating wealth?

The NAACP was founded 55 years BEFORE THEN.

The rest of your racist remarks can fall flat all on their own. I have nothing more to say to you.

What?

I said nothing racist. I expressed facts.

Blacks can( it is proven, they were one of the first founding corner stones of human civilization in its modern form, they had advanced mathmatics and building techniques. they lived a mostly peaceful and civil life in comparrisson to modern day life.

What happened?

The same can easily be said of the Arabs/middle eastern peoples.

It is not racist to be honest.

It is idiotic to ignore obvious trends just because they follow racial lines.

I dont know what the causes are, i dont know what the solutions are, I am only stating facts.

One doesnt have to like facts, but they are still facts none the less.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It's not much but it's all I got for situations like this.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Blacks culture the world over is a fail. I dont know exactly what turned one of the earliest advanced cultures on the planet into the current state of affairs for them, but black culture the entire planet over is self destructive, and criminal by the laws of most countries.

You do realize that europeans ran most of those countries right? Some until around the 90's. How much gold does Europe produce? How much oil? Natural gas? How many diamonds? Europeans have almost no natural resources so they dominate the rest of the world to get them. That is why black culture is a fail in Africa. It's a fail in America because the government conspired against us and floods our neighborhoods with drugs. Has been doing so for at least 60 years. The few of us that DO flourish have to truly be one step ahead.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
In highschool my punk band pipebomb and hip hop group called Da Kind used to cover this bad boy, dont listen if your offended by words though...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Nothing apologetic about my retort whatsoever!

The fact is that as long as the politically correct left, keep crying racism, then they are guilty of perpetuating it!

How is it that young children for the most part will play with other children of different color skin without thinking twice about it??

They learn from adults! Guess what? How many of them are learning to hate from listening to the race pimps screaming about it?

As someone already mentioned, "If we ignore it, it will go away.". Maybe not so much, but using it as a political agenda is most certainly more dirty and disgusting that those whom were brought up to hate people of a different color skin!

I guess logic goes out the window though when I show how "racism" is used to promote a political agenda though.......

There are race pimps on both the right and the left. At no point have I stated that there aren't racist non-whites (racist against whites and non-whites) nor am I arguing that race isn't used by politicians and the like. Not at all.

In fact, what I was ranting about is how race is currently being used to make white people feel like they are being persecuted. Along with promoting the idea that Christians are being persecuted and heterosexuality is under attack. It's all part of the same umbrella of ridiculous fear mongering used to polarize the public.

You're under attack! Family values are under attack! The American way of life is under attack! They'll make you bake gay cakes! English is under attack! The flag is under attack! It's a war on Christmas! Sharia law!

YOU'RE THE ONE BEING DISCRIMINATED AGAINST!

I'm not making excuses for anyone's racism, I'm just pointing out that in the last several years, there has been a concerted effort to make people on the right, who are members of the majority (ethnic, religious, or otherwise) feel like victims.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

This my friend is post of the year if not the best post I have read since I started coming to this site. BRAVO

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

OK, let me share with you my personal racism story.

I'm white (well, mostly, I'm about 33% Native American)

My mother moved us to an inner city area when I was in 6th grade back in 1983. We had moved from a country town and I was a gifted member of the band in school. I was in fact, the only middle school kid ever chosen to play in the High School jazz band. I played trombone.

When we moved to city schools, we were at the school office signing up for the school year, and my Mom said to the guidance counselor "My son plays trombone, and we need to sign him up for band as well." You could literally see the color drain from this woman's face. She was African American incidentally, and so was 95% of the school. She looked at my mom and said "hold on a minute" and left the office. She came back with the principle, and the band director, both of whom were also black.

The band director said to my mom, without even asking her ANYTHING about my playing abilities "I can't have him in my band" My mother said 'Why?"

She responded with this little gem "Because he's white!"

Now, my Mom wasn't, and still isn't a very bold person. She surprised me though when she said "What difference does that make?"

The principle spoke up and said "For one, he would get picked on everyday, all day. Second, there are no non minorities in the band, we find they can't keep up."

That moment right there changed my life. I never played in the band again. We had already signed a lease on the apartment, and were stuck in that place.

Then there is the fact that she couldn't even get lunch assistance for me, because she was slightly above the guidelines for white income. Yes, there was a completely separate set of them for minorities! If she made the same amount of money, but were Black, Hispanic, or Asian, I would have gotten free lunches. But no, I had to eat the meager things she could afford to buy and pack in a lunch for me. While I watched others eat good. We got no welfare assistance for the same reason.

In the end, I'm thankful, yes THANKFUL. Because that day opened my young eyes to the real world. And I never looked back.

So, you tell me, how exactly was I not a victim of racism?

Nice try, but I respectfully call BS on your whole post. I lived it, I KNOW it exists. And you can scream otherwise until you are blue in the face, it will make no difference to MY reality.

edit on 8-7-2014 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982 Maybe off topic, but I went with a female single mother friend of mine when she went to get assistance and the (black) women working there straight up said "If you were black I could help you."

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: poncho1982 Maybe off topic, but I went with a female single mother friend of mine when she went to get assistance and the (black) women working there straight up said "If you were black I could help you."

Exactly.

It's simply amazing that more people don't see it.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

I'm not condoning it but let me put it into a little bit of context. Misery loves company. When you are poor, ghetto, with little prospects for the future you feel like a victim. What do some people do who were abused? They abuse other people. When some blacks in the ghetto see white people they victimize them. I don't know why. I have a friend who is white. Like best friends. We used to hang out, and I wont lie....I used to be quite the young hoodlum. Well other people I knew would come hang out and I noticed a pattern. If anyone got to arguing or talking trash to anyone it was usually him. Several fist fights have ensued because people were picking on my white friend. I've seen black racism and I dont condone it....but what can you do about it? Dwelling on it will just make you bitter. Miserable people try to bring others down into the cesspool with them. Most racists are just people that are mad at their lot in life and need someone to blame.
edit on 8-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

When was the last time a white person was called a "honky" let alone offended by being called one? Oh no, please don't call me a "cracker" that might lead to cops harassing me for my skin color! I might be denied a loan! My affluent neighbors may see "whitey" move in next door and lament to themselves, "oh great, there goes the neighborhood!"

I don't want to buy into the whole Left/Right bickering that is so rampant now days, even here, but since it's the going topic might as well "Deny Ignorance". Saying that this stuff never happens to "white people" is denying the issue as well.

I'd say you're lucky, growing up in the south not experiencing name calling, etc., for your skin color. Not everyone was so fortunate. Not only was I called names such as described but also attacked for it. BTW being a young female, and being attacked by males(what ever the skin color), was very frightening. As well as being treated unfairly in an African American owned business.
Yes, I was offended by those names(Honky, White girl, Cracker, White B......es, Stupid white people(from Latin Americans too), why should anyone be abused as such especially when I wasn't bothering them at all.

As mentioned above, about assistance denial of help- How about when a family is in need but turned down because their older car that got them to work so they would not have to spend hours and hours riding the bus, to keep a roof over their head "costs too much" yet women with "bling", expensive car, clothes, hair and nails are given benefits. That's South Florida.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way bitter. As I said, i'm thankful. I made it. I'm OK, just a lot wiser to the real ways of the world now.

I'm proud that my Mom made do with what she had, and I ended up being the first graduate from my family. Despite hardship.

A lesson that many do not get to learn due to government assistance.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

How about when a family is in need but turned down because their older car that got them to work so they would not have to spend hours and hours riding the bus, to keep a roof over their head "costs too much" yet women with "bling", expensive car, clothes, hair and nails are given benefits. That's South Florida.

Hehe that's more than South Florida...thats a few people I'm related to. Poor parenting skills, drug addictions,broken homes. Not being taught what to value in this world. Growing up on the system. I didnt grow up on welfare, my mom went and worked. I have never been on welfare and refuse handouts. My cousins, their parents got hooked on crack in the 80's. They grew up in and out of foster care. Getting food stamps. Living in the worst neighborhoods. No one cared how they did in school. No one pushed them. No one encouraged them to do the right things. Thus they became the people you describe.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Sure. As soon as you stop calling everyone who doesn't agree with you "racist." It's a knee jerk reaction for people who don't have anything enlightening to say.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Sure. As soon as you stop calling everyone who doesn't agree with you "racist." It's a knee jerk reaction for people who don't have anything enlightening to say.

I'm guessing this is directed at me? I referred to one set of remarks as racist and they were — I'll call em like I see em. Please show me where I've called somebody racist for not agreeing with me? I agree that it's a pretty terrible tactic, right up there with falsely claiming that somebody employs said tactic.

Pulling the "you're just pulling the race card" card is the new "pulling the race card."

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I get what you are saying and all....but since when is what someone says that big of deal... People say stupid sh*t all the time being PC will not change that. Ignorance occurs in all shapes, colors, creeds, however being ignorant does not remove ones right to free speech. People who what others to be PC all the time are no better than a bigot in fact it would make them a bigot as well. Being PC is ruing freedom of speech and ones ability to express themselves in the manner they feel. But I do get it....

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

A more accurate comparison is this...

Black Power....ok

Brown Pride...ok

Native Pride....ok

White Pride....no bad news

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join