It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism Deniers! Stop Pretending You're Persecuted!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Un-freakin-real.

When did it become popular to post asinine arguments in defense of random bigots whenever one of these jerks is called out for making offensive remarks publicly? (2008?) It never fails, some prominent ahole or one of his staffers tweets a bigoted sentiment or goes on some hare-brain tirade and as soon as there is a post about it, a flood of deniers rush in with the same tired arguments and fake outrage.

"Why is it fair that black people can call white people 'cracker' or 'honky' !?"

When exactly was the time when white folks where the victim of oppression at the hands of minorities in America? Where's the history of institutionalized racism against white people? When were we, as a race, disenfranchised in this country? Forbidden from owning land? When did white people have to fight against racists for their civil rights?

When was the last time a white person was called a "honky" let alone offended by being called one? Oh no, please don't call me a "cracker" that might lead to cops harassing me for my skin color! I might be denied a loan! My affluent neighbors may see "whitey" move in next door and lament to themselves, "oh great, there goes the neighborhood!"

STOP PRETENDING THAT WHITE PEOPLE ARE PERSECUTED

What a bunch of disingenuous whiners!

While I'm at it, let me extend this rant to some other unjustified blabbering:

It's now all the rage for Christians to claim that they are being persecuted and to say indefensibly stupid things like, "Muslims have an elevated status in this country." Who the hell honestly believes that?

The gay agenda perpetrated by "militant gays"? It doesn't freakin' exist. It's called people fighting for their civil rights and the ability to be who they are without fear of reprisal. Not being allowed to discriminate against the gay people in society is NOT a form of persecution. Being suspended from your reality TV show or fired for tweeting stupid bigoted things is NOT persecution — it's called a morals clause.
edit on 2014-7-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Racism will ALWAYS exist!

Especially when the politically correct crowd and the MSM uses it as a tool to manipulate the weak minded into hating each other more than they already do!

Throwing you out a "virtual tissue" to help ya out!

OH! BTW, to suggest white people are not hated because of the color of their skin by "some" is truly disingenuous!

The below video is not blood and gore. The video face is just of a victim...

edit on 8-7-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Stop race pimping.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian You mean like when Jesse Jackson said he got great satisfaction from spitting in white people's food? He should have gotten the same treatment as Paula Dean right?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Id find it so much easier if people would just come out and say there racist, makes for easier understanding of ones stand on certain issues.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Un-freakin-real.

When did it become popular to post asinine arguments in defense of random bigots whenever one of these jerks is called out for making offensive remarks publicly? (2008?) It never fails, some prominent ahole or one of his staffers tweets a bigoted sentiment or goes on some hare-brain tirade and as soon as there is a post about it, a flood of deniers rush in with the same tired arguments and fake outrage.

"Why is it fair that black people can call white people 'cracker' or 'honky' !?"

When exactly was the time when white folks where the victim of oppression at the hands of minorities in America? Where's the history of institutionalized racism against white people? When were we, as a race, disenfranchised in this country? Forbidden from owning land? When did white people have to fight against racists for their civil rights?

When was the last time a white person called a "honky" let alone offended by being called one? Oh no, please don't call me a "cracker" that might lead to cops harassing me for my skin color! I might be denied a loan! My affluent neighbors may see "whitey" move in next door and lament to themselves, "oh great, there goes the neighborhood!"

STOP PRETENDING THAT WHITE PEOPLE ARE PERSECUTED

What a bunch of disingenuous whiners!

While I'm at it, let me extend this rant to some other unjustified blabbering:

It's now all the rage for Christians to claim that they are being persecuted and to say indefensibly stupid things like, "Muslims have an elevated status in this country." Who the hell honestly believes that?

The gay agenda perpetrated by "militant gays"? It doesn't freakin' exist. It's called people fighting for their civil rights and the ability to be who they are without fear of reprisal. Not being allowed to discriminate against the gay people in society is NOT a form of persecution. Being suspended from your reality TV show or fired for tweeting stupid bigoted things is NOT persecution — it's called a morals clause.

Is there a white TV network? If there were, would it be considered by all mainstream media to be racist?

Is there a united white college fund? There actually was a few years back, it got canned for being racist, was even denied government funding for being racist, but the UNCF(united negro college fund) isnt....very telling.

Is there a NAAWP? No, even if there were, it would be racist.

Is there ever aloud in modern America to be a "White only neighborhood"?, There are "black only" communities all over the country.

It is racist if there is preferential treatment of any race over another at any time for any reason ever.

Blacks were not treated worse than any other race throughout history. Irish were treated way worse even when slavery existed in America than slaves were. They arent whining. They arent the source of most crimes and murders.

Blacks culture the world over is a fail. I dont know exactly what turned one of the earliest advanced cultures on the planet into the current state of affairs for them, but black culture the entire planet over is self destructive, and criminal by the laws of most countries.

White culture the world over has flourished. Even when they send their criminals to a barren island, they turned it into a modern day global power in Australia. They also currently hold the reins of power for the entire world, having created and championed its greatest creation, democracy.

Asians, this group isnt so easy to compress into a single unit, they have a very widely ranged and diverse history. Suffice to say they are great at solving problems, even threw extreme sacrifice and turmoil, just look at the great wall of China. They have one of the oldest and most noble cultures on earth. There is simply too much from too many differing cultures in this group to get into, I will simply say, they will not ever fail as a culture, because the harder their times, the harder their people always become.

Latin Americans/American Indians have a very rich heritage. They all value family, almost to the extreme by some cultural standards. This is to be commended and celebrated in my oppinion. They have a very spiritual culture, even to this day, despite the white cultures attempted, and near successful destruction of it.

Arabs/Middle Eastern culture....just blah... They were at one point by far the most advanced civilization on the planet, being one of the first to quantify ZERO. Discovering the magnifying powers of the convex and concave lens.....they learned so much so fast so early, only to lose it and adopt religious zealotry over the science that originally propelled them to such great and early heights.....I hold them to the same standard as the Black cultures of the world. Backward, self destructive, useless in carrying man forward into the future.

Indians( the real ones not the American Indians)....just WOW, these guys have such an old and amazing culture, I have plenty of complaints, but they are working them out at present very well. Not as fast as I may like, but still fast as the world works. Great in the sciences, great culture, great in religious practices. I wish more cultures would take some of their better aspects to heart( minus the cast system that still exists despite laws against it).

In short, I may sound racist, but could one tell what race? I named and emulated many traits I see as positive in many cultures. I also denounced some because of their obvious shortcomings. Is this racist or just reality?

It is a reality that in America Black culture is mirroring African black culture. These were at one time the best and brightest on the planet........what happened?

The arabs.....basically the same thing, they were at one point the top of the pile.......what happened?
edit on 2014bTuesdayv0720147 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

Irish were treated way worse even when slavery existed in America than slaves were. They arent whining. They arent the source of most crimes and murders.

Care to elaborate on how they were treated way worse?
How do you treat some one worse then using them as your slave....
I agree that the irsih took some heat, but to say that treatment was worse then slavery....Wow

Is this racist or just reality?

It's racist IMO, not reality.
Reality is we are all human and we all have our shortcomings.
Race has nothing to do with it
edit on thTue, 08 Jul 2014 18:10:15 -0500America/Chicago720141580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Go visit Little Havana in Miami. See what its like to be an english speaker in your own city, where english is no longer the primary language. They will hate you, taunt you, call you gringo, cracker, honkey, whatever they can think of. You wont find a job if you cant speak spanish, you will have few friends, and you will be treated like a second class citizen in your own country. Chances are, you will be a target for break-ins and muggings too.

White people are not exempt from opression. Maybe you should visit some areas where whites get the short end of the stick before you open your mouth. Im not even white, and the anti-white agenda is obvious to me.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Free speech sucks, man.

Down with free speech!

I agree, OP.

People should just shut up! (let's arrest them if they say something we don't like!)

All power to the people!

(just the people that agree with me, though)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Normally I don't get into race debates because there's no point 9 times out of ten.

However, a point I must make clear is that racism exists in ALL directions.

If you think blacks are never racist and discriminate against white people then you have your head in the sand. No, it is not "reverse racism" it is simply "racism" which is directed toward a particular individual based on personal assumptions and bias.

I have had friends who were assaulted for both being white and black. I've been harassed for being a woman. I have been harassed for being gay.

Had an ex girlfriends family threaten to kill me for being a white girl(never could figure that one out, thought I'd die for the lesbian thing but guess not lol). They were totally cool with lesbians so long as they were brown I guess.

Either way bias and hatred exists from ALL directions. Mexicans, Jews, blacks, whites, sorta whites, etc...etc.

Ignoring any one direction means you haven't looked inside yourself to try and understand your own personal bias and hatred that has been programmed in you since birth. We all have some. The sooner you address it the better the world will be and the sooner we can stop being assholes to one another based on stupid # like skin color and genitalia.

edit on 8-7-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: oblvion

Irish were treated way worse even when slavery existed in America than slaves were. They arent whining. They arent the source of most crimes and murders.

Care to elaborate on how they were treated way worse?
How do you treat some one worse then using them as your slave....
I agree that the irsih took some heat, but to say that treatment was worse then slavery....Wow

Is this racist or just reality?

It's racist IMO, not reality.
Reality is we are all human and we all have our shortcomings.
Race has nothing to do with it

Easy. the Irish worked for less a day in compensation for their work than even a slave did. They were complete outcasts in society, they were slaves back in the old country, they were treated way worse for way longer than blacks were in world history.

" the problem with Ireland is that it is full of irish"

You really think blacks that were property thus valuable were treated worse than Irish that were worth next to nothing just because they were white?

White didnt matter. They were Irish they were worthless, the blacks were property, they had value, they had worth. They were treated much better on average in public than the Irish.

Have you ever read history? Look up "the five points" See how America treated the Irish back then. Slaves had it made in comparrison.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

So... you Don't want everybody to just get along? You want to stay angry about the past which i had nothing to do with? Well go ahead and wallow on your (self?) hatred and let it tear this nation and world apart. Yes there is still racism but most everyone i know Loves and Adores all races and have gotten over all that old crap a long time ago.

How do you think a half black president got elected? How do you think P Diddy, JayZ, Kanye got filthy rich? There are so many examples, too many to list, of minorities succeeding in America and everywhere, how did that happen? Because the overwhelming majority of white people, as well as everyone else, have moved passed all that racist bs. That's how. When will you join us in the year 2014? If you're waiting for racism to be 100% dead, you'll be waiting a long time especially when you're defending the use of racist slurs...

I thought we wanted equality...not revenge. Equality means it's not fair to say "honkey" or "cracker" or the N word or any other word. (Edit: i meant any other racist word, in a civilized setting) You're right i don't hear it very often (Edit: I don't hear the N word very often either. Except from black people or from people trying to be black) but still, why are you defending it? Calling people "whiners"? I would never call someone a whiner if they were having to listen to someone say racial slurs about their people. It's ridiculous. Am i going to say "hey the n word is just a word it's not gonna hurt you so stop whining!" No because it's the mindset behind the word.

Equality. Think about what that means. If i see inequality Anywhere, I'm gonna have a problem with that. Whites deserve the same respect. Why shouldn't they? Disgusting behavior is disgusting behavior, no matter who is the perpetrator or who is the victim.
edit on 7/8/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

For one thing, a field hand in his prime was a very expensive piece of property, so there were some plantation owners who would hire poor Irish men to do the jobs that were too risky for the field hands because they were too physically destructive by either tearing a man down too quickly or carrying too great a risk of permanent injury or death.

They'd pay the poor Irish laborer a pittance to do something they'd never dream of making their slaves do for free ... the risk to their investment was just too great.

One example: They used a winch system to load big bales of cotton at the top of a bank. They needed to lower them down the bank to a packet steamer. They'd have the slaves get the bales into the winch and cable and lower them down, but they'd hire Irish laborers to catch the bales at the bottom. The reason being that if the bales came loose, they could and not uncommonly did permanently injure or kill the Irish laborers waiting to load the bales. Slaves were too valuable to risk.

I realize that doesn't mean they were doing it out of compassion for their fellow man and only out of concern for their own money, but it is one example of how the Irish did got shafted.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The victims of past racism are now the perpetrators of racism.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Racism will ALWAYS exist!

Especially when the politically correct crowd and the MSM uses it as a tool to manipulate the weak minded into hating each other more than they already do!

Throwing you out a "virtual tissue" to help ya out!

OH! BTW, to suggest white people are not hated because of the color of their skin by "some" is truly disingenuous!

That's another common excuse offered up by apologists. It's right after "the real definition of the n-word' is 'an ignorant person'" in the list and right before "how can somebody be offended by WORDS?"

I never said that there aren't people who hold or express racist views of white people. What I said is that some of my fellow white folks need to stop pretending like we are, as a group, persecuted. I thought I offered enough examples of what sorts of things that might entail.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
No free pass on racism for anyone. Opression is terrible, slavery was terrible but a little truth in advertising :Where did the supply of slaves come from? First, the Portuguese themselves kidnapped some Africans. But the bulk of the supply came from the Nigerians. These Nigerian middlemen moved to the interior where they captured other Nigerians who belonged to other communities. The middlemen also purchased many of the slaves from the people in the interior . . . . Many Nigerian middlemen began to depend totally on the slave trade and neglected every other business and occupation. The result was that when the trade was abolished [by England in 1807] these Nigerians began to protest. As years went by and the trade collapsed such Nigerians lost their sources of income and became impoverished. 4
In Ghana, politician and educator Samuel Sulemana Fuseini has acknowledged that his Asante ancestors accumulated their great wealth by abducting, capturing, and kidnapping Africans and selling them as slaves. Likewise, Ghanaian diplomat Kofi Awoonor has written: “I believe there is a great psychic shadow over Africa, and it has much to do with our guilt and denial of our role in the slave trade. We too are blameworthy in what was essentially one of the most heinous crimes in human history.”
- See more at: hnn.us... Like I said before EVERYBODY is wrong.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman Pay close attention, when whites (England) abolished the slave trade, blacks (Nigerians) protested. That's the fact. So join together blacks and whites and share the blame.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Nothing apologetic about my retort whatsoever!

The fact is that as long as the politically correct left, keep crying racism, then they are guilty of perpetuating it!

How is it that young children for the most part will play with other children of different color skin without thinking twice about it??

They learn from adults! Guess what? How many of them are learning to hate from listening to the race pimps screaming about it?

As someone already mentioned, "If we ignore it, it will go away.". Maybe not so much, but using it as a political agenda is most certainly more dirty and disgusting that those whom were brought up to hate people of a different color skin!

I guess logic goes out the window though when I show how "racism" is used to promote a political agenda though.......

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join