It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Loves Strippers!!! let's import them!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
sympaticomsn.ctv.ca...

This is an absolutley incredible story. Canada's minister of immigration has a program in place ( But killed today due to controversy) that has decided that Canada has a shortage of strippers so we need to make it easier for them to come to Canada by using my tax dollars!

What a farce

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the light relief

I suppose good strippers are hard to find...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
But what about those nations losing their strippers to Canada?

I've heard of "brain drain"...does this then mean those nations would have "bra drain"???

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Thankfuly this was exposed and taken care of.
What a waste of money, especially since there are people out there trying to get in the country that have valid reasons.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Clearly you don't have the background information on what actually happened here.

However, recently our Citizenship and immigration MP Judy Sgro was caught assisting a Romanian stripper into Canada in return for assistance during her recent electioin campaign.

As a result it has been decided by our Human Resource and Skills Development Minister that we should no longer pursue any sort of analysis of this sector of the workforce.

I assure you there are no shortage of beautiful (some of the very best in the world) strippers in Canada. Come on up and see for yourself.

Lukefj

[edit on 2-12-2004 by Lukefj]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm not so sure about that: for a young lady in a 2nd/3rd world country, with no job & no prospects, a chance to strip in Canada might seem pretty valid.

I think it's (slightly) sad that such businesses exist, but they do and it's perfectly legal.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
www.ctv.ca...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That framework, she said, will include a major overhaul of the stripper visa program. "As of Dec. 15, the program will be changed completely. If there is a need, it will have to be done on a case-by-case basis."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now come on man! How can it be right for an immigration dept to practically ensure that new immigrants are condemned to life of prostitution and crime

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well, Canada is gonna have to spar with Alaska over stripper importation, since Alaska also encourages strippers to move north as well.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I hope MP Sgro, or even worse MP Anne McClellan, don't pick up the slack in the stripping department.
That'll kill the industry for sure.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Perfect Stranger,

As you can see I retracted that statement after I realized it wasn't true. We did have a program in place. Yikes! Why not though, the more attractive young naked women we have up here the better. It gets awfully cold up here and the winter and we need something to keep us from freezing!

However, how do you go from stripping to prostitution and crime, heh? That isn't really a practical leap as many strippers are very respectible citizens. Stripping is perfectly legal (thus not a crime) and has nothing to do with prostitution (which, by the way, is not illegal in Canada either).

Lukefj

[edit on 2-12-2004 by Lukefj]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
www.swc-cfc.gc.ca...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this link will take you to many resources to help you understand.
But let me lead with this....... Who do think will pay to get them here?
There are organized groups who will prey on these women and once here are pretty much "owned" by their "handlers".

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
be very careful about saying prostitution is legal in canada

mypage.uniserve.ca...

From a Sex workers site that details what can and can't be done

www.sexwork.com...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------For example, the Committee recognized that some of the principle reasons for the spread of street prostitution in the mid and late 1970s was the action of Vancouver and Toronto police against the off-street prostitution trade. It is debatable whether these incidents reflect a grand political design, but they do illustrate the way prostitution law often sews the seeds of its own demise. The problem is, even though prostitution is legal, the law can be mobilised against it regardless of where it occurs. In Vancouver in 1975, police investigations led to the closure of two cabarets clubs that were well known as places to meet prostitutes (Lowman, 1986). One club mysteriously burned to the ground during a police investigation (the owner was charged with arson, but not convicted). The liquor license of the other was revoked when the owners and several employees were charged with procuring and living on the avails of prostitution. The license was not reinstated until six years later, after the BC Court of appeal overturned the convictions. But the damage was done. The dating activity that had occurred in these clubs and others like them spilled onto the streets.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfect stranger
www.swc-cfc.gc.ca...
this link will take you to many resources to help you understand.
But let me lead with this....... Who do think will pay to get them here?
There are organized groups who will prey on these women and once here are pretty much "owned" by their "handlers".

Now that is a blanked biased statment if I ever saw one
Most of the strippers i have met are colledge or university students trying to make their way through school. So some of them have some criminality problems, you could say that about most jobs/careers.

AND Perfect stranger, prostitution may not be legal, but it is tolerated in B.C. where alot of things are tolerated. Didn't Mr. Bush call Vancouver , Vamsterdam

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Of those strippers you "know" are they from other eastern block countries who came over for a "better life"?

While I don't know if some "nice college girls" take of their clothes and do what is known in quebec as a "Danse a dix" $10 full contact dance in order to pay for school books

experts in the sex trade denounce the practice they "feel forced into to earn a living" www.sexwork.com...

Biker gangs are well know to live of the avails of strippers( Taking their cut)

so that pretty girl buying books with money spent in clubs better get busy

[edit on 2-12-2004 by Perfect stranger]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfect stranger
Of those strippers you "know" are they from other eastern block countries who came over for a "better life"?

While I don't know if some "nice college girls" take of their clothes and do what is known in quebec as a "Danse a dix" $10 full contact dance in order to pay for school books

In Ontario a lot of the dancers come from Quebec. Just don't tell my wife how I came by this knowledge, OK?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

In Ontario a lot of the dancers come from Quebec. Just don't tell my wife how I came by this knowledge, OK?

Quebec's girls are very very daring and sexy hehehehe
"that's maybe because our ancestors where france prostitutes hahahaha"

Just joking
Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

link   
in my area (Niagara Falls, Ont) there are clubs that are packed to capacity 7 days a week, with 80-90% US customers...most of the girls are Hungarian, Romainian, etc

the girls pay a nightly fee to work there ($100 - $200)...and if they only clear $2000/night US$ - they're pissed

those clubs are a license to print money

it would be interesting to see how much corruption is actually involved at all levels of govt

link   
One is from germany, but she moved here when she was little, the other two are born a bred in the slums of toronto. They treat it like a business, allthough they do tell me that some of the biker run clubs(ie Brass Rail etc) use "imported" stippers. From what they tell me they are treated fairly well(allthough I only have their word on it). Toronto has a bigger problem with Rub 'n Tugs which uses underaged immigrants to make them money and that is little more than slavery. But that has nothing to do with hells angels, those "establishments" are rumoured to be run by the either the Yakuza or the Triads. Of course my experiances with strippers is not the best as I loath all bars, and strip clubs are no exception. The only reason I even know some rippers is cuz I grew up with them

top topics

join