It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor's Refusing To Treat Unvaccinated Children

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
When I first read about it in February of this year, I thought it wasn't that big of a deal and only a few doctors thought like this, but this morning I saw a doctor friend post this to FB, with responses from colleague's.

Pediatrician's Question

“Just curious....for all of my fellow Pediatricians - does your office accept families who do not immunize at all? We have several on an 'alternative schedule', and I'm semi OK with this. I'm having more of an issue with those that choose not to immunize at all. I'm wondering what everyone does about this??

Colleague Pediatrician Response:

“ No. Will try educating them first. If still refuses then I say goodbye politely.
I only have one child unimmunized that I see. Only because she has other health issues”

Colleague Pediatrician 2 Response:

"We do. Not that we want to, but we are the only pediatric group in the area. We use the same logic for several things..."it's not the kid's fault their parent is an idiot...would be easier to send them out of the clinic, but someone's got to take care of the kid."

Do these doctors have a God Complex?

Or is it OK for doctors to refuse treatment, even though they took an oath?

Here is the article I read earlier this year.

Pediatrician with a God Complex Refuses to Treat Unvaccinated Children

Let’s talk about the meaning of a “god-complex”. Wikipedia defines a “god complex” as

“an unshakable belief characterized by consistently inflated feelings of personal ability, privilege, or infallibility. A person with a god complex may refuse to admit the possibility of their error or failure, even in the face of complex or intractable problems or difficult or impossible tasks, or may regard their personal opinions as unquestionably correct.”

Many parents can find a living, breathing example of a person suffering from a “god complex” as close as the family pediatrician’s office.

One such example is the anonymous pediatrician who wrote this essay, which was published by The Daily Beast.

I always ask if the children are vaccinated, or if the parents intend to vaccinate once the child is born. If the answer is no, I politely and respectfully tell them we won’t be the right fit. We don’t accept patients whose parents won’t vaccinate them.

edit on 8-7-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Could be scare tactics by pharma marketing.

They fully understand and exploit social media.

Find different doctors that respect patients.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Could be scare tactics by pharma marketing.

They fully understand and exploit social media.

Find different doctors that respect patients.

Unfortunately this wasn't a posted story, but rather a personal friend, who is a pediatrician, the one's responding were colleague's.

The link/story though I read earlier in the year, but never posted to ATS.

But I would agree with you, in that, if someone didn't see eye-to-eye with a doctor, then it would be time to move on.

edit on 8-7-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Parents are within their rights to refuse any or all vaccinations for themselves and their children.
Doctors are also within their rights to refuse service to those who do not wish to have their children vaccinated.

Personally I see many problems with forced vaccination, I also see some problems with some of the vaccines.
Some, in my personal opinion are unnecessary, like the chicken pox vaccine, the vaccine gives a small dose to the child and they experience a mild case of the chicken pox, leaving them open in later life to Shingles. Whereas if the child is actually allowed to contract chicken pox naturally through exposure to others with chicken pox they will normally get a stronger case of the pox and their body will build up the immunity necessary to protect them from Shingles later in life.

In my personal opinion many doctors today are nothing more than glorified and over paid pill pushers for the big pharmaceutical companies, not all but many.

Someone once asked me what you call a person who graduated from medical school with a C average?
Answer: You call them a doctor.

Just my 2 cents
Star and Flag OP

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
A lot of doctors are just like religious believers, they condemn information that isn't from ''trusted sources'' and never really experiment themselves.

Anyway, a whole system which is based on making profits just can't be good for the majority.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Wow, for a doctor to call a parent an idiot for refusing to vaccinate. I call that doctor an idiot for not doing any research at all. There is so much information out there on this subject. Of course I avoid doctors and at 50 am healthy and one of the rare people of my age that is not on meds.!! I have not found any doctor that I trust with my health at this point.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedmoonMWC
Someone once asked me what you call a person who graduated from medical school with a C average?
Answer: You call them a doctor.

In canada it's the other around and it's causing problems IMO.

A+ average needed just to get accepted and that's counting grades that aren't even medical courses.
Now, we have such a big shortage in doctors that the system can't run properly.

Getting good grades is mainly a matter of repeating and memorising perfectly it has barely nothing to do with thinking intelligently. Hence, we get doctors that are better robots than they are humans.

Of course, many of them that 'made it' will believe in vaccines because that's what big pharma pushed and it's what they had learn and mimic.
edit on 8-7-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Many doc's are owned by pharmaceutical companies, so they won't help anyone who's going to go against them making money. Most doc's could care less about "helping" people. It's about how many needless scripts they can write so they can get their payday from *that pill company. Why do you think most doc offices are swamped everyday? cha-ching!

There are some good doc's out there, though. Luckily, my kids pediatrician is one of them. She will actually come up to us and talk with us if we see each other out. She's very friendly. She knows where we stand on certain vaccines and she respects it. It has nothing to do with "educating" someone. That sounds more like brainwashing someone, if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

Having lots of health issues I'll comment on that ... A whole lotta doctors have a problem with arrogance. They don't think they can be wrong and they think the patient is an idiot. 2010 I went through unholy heck with about a dozen different doctors in different fields while I was trying to get a proper diagnosis. Of the 12 doctors, 9 of them misdiagnosed me and were SOBs when I told them that they were wrong. Only three were smart enough to figure out what was going on and those three didn't have the arrogance problem that the 9 wrong ones had.

If a doctor trots out his resume and says 'I've been at this 20 years, I"m telling you I"m right so don't argue' .. chances are he's wrong. That's been my experience.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I pay little to no attention to the opinions of most medical (pseudo) professionals. If they practice "the one size fits all" medicine, which most do, I don't consider them doctors, just properly trained to do the bidding of the profiteers.

My children and their children are un-vaccinated and in my opinion healthier for it. I had five and had not one ear infection, autoimmune issues or any illiness requiring more than a tissue and some tender loving care. The same is true for my grandchildren, and there is a few of them.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Even though I vaccinate my children, when I was meeting a few of pediatricians to decide on a family doctor I asked them about their policy on vaccinations. I found it a useful litmus test for how much a doctor was willing to work with families rather, particularly when it comes to medically grey areas (and there are a lot of those!)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I imagine that medical schools are heavily funded by pharmaceutical companies. And of course what we learn in school is gospel.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hate to spoil the doc-bashing here, but news flash, they're people too. Some decent some real pieces of work. Not all Doc's are a 'fit" for every patient and just like everything else you have to shop around.

I've run into both and my attitude is, I'm paying your for your medical opinion, nothing more. Whether it's worth the money remains to be seen. Some Doctors are offended, most understand. My internist refuses to treat anyone under 21yrs old....should he be pilloried as well as the pediatrician?

I know a few surgeons who refuse to operate on smokers because of the longer healing time & bad outcomes...

this is pretty much of a non-issue thread.....

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
When I first read about it in February of this year, I thought it wasn't that big of a deal and only a few doctors thought like this, but this morning I saw a doctor friend post this to FB, with responses from colleague's.

Pediatrician's Question

“Just curious....for all of my fellow Pediatricians - does your office accept families who do not immunize at all? We have several on an 'alternative schedule', and I'm semi OK with this. I'm having more of an issue with those that choose not to immunize at all. I'm wondering what everyone does about this??

Colleague Pediatrician Response:

“ No. Will try educating them first. If still refuses then I say goodbye politely.
I only have one child unimmunized that I see. Only because she has other health issues”

Colleague Pediatrician 2 Response:

"We do. Not that we want to, but we are the only pediatric group in the area. We use the same logic for several things..."it's not the kid's fault their parent is an idiot...would be easier to send them out of the clinic, but someone's got to take care of the kid."

Or is it OK for doctors to refuse treatment, even though they took an oath?

Here is the article I read earlier this year.

Pediatrician with a God Complex Refuses to Treat Unvaccinated Children

Let’s talk about the meaning of a “god-complex”. Wikipedia defines a “god complex” as

“an unshakable belief characterized by consistently inflated feelings of personal ability, privilege, or infallibility. A person with a god complex may refuse to admit the possibility of their error or failure, even in the face of complex or intractable problems or difficult or impossible tasks, or may regard their personal opinions as unquestionably correct.”

Many parents can find a living, breathing example of a person suffering from a “god complex” as close as the family pediatrician’s office.

One such example is the anonymous pediatrician who wrote this essay, which was published by The Daily Beast.

I always ask if the children are vaccinated, or if the parents intend to vaccinate once the child is born. If the answer is no, I politely and respectfully tell them we won’t be the right fit. We don’t accept patients whose parents won’t vaccinate them.

In response to your question. They are not refusing treatment, they are not entering the patient/provider relationship which is both ethical and moral and legal. Think of it this way--if you and your doctor disagree on the treatment plan, why would you want him as a doctor?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Oh, and to dispel that pervasive myth. Doctors are not owned by pharma companies and do no get kickbacks and do not make money for writing one prescription drug over another.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

In response to your question. They are not refusing treatment, they are not entering the patient/provider relationship which is both ethical and moral and legal. Think of it this way--if you and your doctor disagree on the treatment plan, why would you want him as a doctor?

100% agree.

No sense in having a doctor being forced to treat, accept, or have a patient who he despises because of their personal choice.

Kind of like entering into a bad marriage. lol

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

This illustrates how politically indoctrinated people of all walks have become, just like we have the same people rubber stamping a progressively more authoritarian view and a cooperation with authoritarian leadership.

This is how it progresses, and would be powerless without that team-speak network of people who see themselves as higher in authority and who feel they can tell others what they must conform to, or else.

Having said all that, I did have my kids all immunized, and before the big push for flu shots ever came about, no one really cared or wanted to get those, since everyone knew back then that it would just guarantee that you got real sick and did not stop you from getting any of the other million strains of the virus floating around.

But they were not pushed to heal, they were pushed to make someone who already has big bucks, even more big bucks, and paying huge bonuses and kickbacks to some politician who got others in politics with heavy influence to push it on the public by any means available, including lying about effectiveness and possible side effects, not to mention all the tainted versions that big pharma sold to distributors anyway, all over the freaking planet.
The network grid of mental robots helped the sale of all that trash as well.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I think it's funny that docs won't see the unvaccinated. Natural selection.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I can't say they've necessarily got a God complex, but I do suspect that more and more Doctors have come to see themselves as an extension of the Federal Gov't. and thus feel compelled to further the gov't agenda. And Obamacare reinforces that notion what with the forms and information gathering and reporting the Doctors are now required to do. The so-called doctor/patient confidentiality has gone out the window altogether.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

they were pushed to make someone who already has big bucks, even more big bucks

You got that right. That reminds me of the way I'd come to feel about working for an American corporation. In the early days of my career, it was fun because management was in the trenches with us and we all felt like we were together building up something great and lasting. But when the new management came in, they were arrogant and aloof and it soon came to be realized that us peons were working longer/harder hours with few pay increases to make the rich people richer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join