It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lord (Yahweh/Jehovah), Paul, and Jesus all agree on the main teachings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I will be quoting from The Old Testament which represents Yahweh/Jehovah, from The New Testament which represents Jesus Christ, and from Paul's Letters which represents Paul.

Let's see if the main teaching is in agreement...

Forgiveness

NT (Matthew 25:39):

"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

OT (Proverbs 24:29):

"Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me: I will render to the man according to his work."

Paul (1 Thessalonians 5:15):

"See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men."

Forgiveness

NT (Matthew 25:39):

"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

OT (Proverbs 24:29):

"Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me: I will render to the man according to his work."

Paul (1 Thessalonians 5:15):

"See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men."

Strength Through Humility

NT (Luke 14:11):

"For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."

OT (Proverbs 29:23):

"Pride brings a person low, but the lowly in spirit gain honor."

Paul (2 Corinthians 12:9):

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

Reap What You Sow

NT (Luke 6:44):

"For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes."

OT (Job 4:8):

"Even as I have seen, they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same."

Paul (Galatians 6:7):

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

God is Mercy (Love)

NT (Luke 6:36):

"Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful."

OT (Psalm 103:8):

"The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy."

Paul (Galatians 5:22-23):

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

Humans had to trust that they were hearing Yahweh correctly when they wrote The Old Testament and Paul had to trust that he understood Christ correctly. All humans make mistakes, but that does not mean that there are no good messages from Paul's Letters or The Old Testament, nor does that mean that they are evil. It only means that humans are not perfect and they struggle. Christ is different, being born into the world remembering his connection with God The Father in order to remember The Truth correctly. The Bible is an inspiration of God (2 Timothy 3:16), but it doesn't mean humans are 100% perfect in understanding.

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life." - John 5:39-40

If you want life, you need to understand that The Bible is an inspiration of God but it is not God himself. We hear through The New and Old testament that God is Mercy but is also Justice, and that when you are Merciful you will also be shown Mercy (Matthew 5:7) and that when you Forgive you will also be Forgiven (Matthew 6:14) but if you do not, then you will not be forgiven (Matthew 6:15), so you can live through Forgiveness or you can not forgive others and not be forgiven but instead be judged harshly as Jesus explained in The Parable of The Unforgiving Servant (Matthew 18:21-35).

Choose to Forgive, Choose to Love, Choose to Give...

Sow good, and Reap good.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Too bad it doesn't really work in real life on a grand scale.
The only reason evil thrives is because good people do nothing to stop it.

I ain't going to wait for Jesus to come back to stop the evil.

Turn the other cheak and wait for God to save you all from the apocalypse!
If I was God, I wouldn't help someone who doesn't help themselves.

The whole Bible feel likes a big psy ops to sway the masses.
edit on 8-7-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
In your examples, the Old and New Testament statements don't agree. Nor would I describe those as "the main teachings".

I don't think they're even trying to say the same thing.

And, of course, you're going to run into a lot of trouble with some Christians by suggesting there can be any mistakes in the Bible.
edit on 8-7-2014 by Moresby because: He's turning the other cheek.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

originally posted by: theMediator
Too bad it doesn't really in real life on a grand scale.

Even good people do bad things.

I ain't going to wait for Jesus to come back to stop the evil.

You can't fight darkness, you can only turn on the light. This is why it says to turn the other cheek and not to repay evil for evil because that will only make the evil bigger. You will become the next evil before you even realize. This is how people with good hearts (intentions) can become corrupted.

Turn the other cheak and wait for God to save you all from the apocalypse!

No, no, no. Turn the other cheek because the world is wrathful and thrives on violence and needs more forgiveness.

If I was God, I wouldn't help someone who doesn't help themselves.

Luckily, The True God loves all and wants to keep all safe.

If the powers that be wrote the bible, then they would not be doing the things that they are doing. They would know there is a better way which benefits, not only others, but themselves, but they don't realize this which is why I know they did not write the whole Bible.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

You can't fight darkness, you can only turn on the light. This is why it says to turn the other cheek and not to repay evil for evil because that will only make the evil bigger. You will become the next evil before you even realize. This is how people with good hearts (intentions) can become corrupted.

Yes and when God flooded millions that he deemed to be unworthy of living, that wasn't evil?
Double standards much?

Even God has a forgivness limit, then we should too.

Doing nothing to stop evil is evil in itself because you are eventually harming others from taking no action.
We can't fix a broken chair just by looking at it and pray for the best.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

We can't fix a broken chair just by looking at it and pray for the best.

No we cannot.

But if we look at the chair and understand what is broken and why then we can then fix it or get a new chair. Learning from our mistakes we can also help prevent the chair from breaking again. When we forgive we understand. We may not agree or approve be we can at least understand the position we are in and why.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Its deliberately misinterpreted by Rome. And while there is gnostic insights in Paul's writings, there is also clues in Luke's writing that Paul is forming a fundamental Rome religion a false one, in partnership with Rome, and hints the true gnosis behind this, which was being murdered and suppressed. Perhaps after Paul did his service for them, he was murdered himself for no loose lips would be allowed.

A wealth of information on this site:

www.thenazareneway.com...

That being said, turn the other cheek had nothing to do with self defense. For even the essenes and Yehoshua and his followers carried swords for self defense. It has to do with retaliation.

edit on 8-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

?

No, if it is a divine understanding, it is Father's concepts.

The way you are saying it is as if it is Jesus' and Paul's opinions, but it is not their opinions - it is Father's concepts expressed by Jesus and Paul.

Jesus and Paul were representatives of Father's concepts - they didn't teach their own concepts or opinions.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Turn the other cheek along with the meaning presented in the op has everything to do with self defense and i will show you how. First you need to understand that humans have energy sort of like a magnet and i believe you are already well aware of that. Now understand that clues are givin to the formation of our energy throught the word. The right accepts and the left rejects. This is the secret of our energy. If i stand by your right side then you will be resisting me and if i stand on your left then you are accepting me and my intentions. It goes straight to our soul. take for instance that we shake with the right hand and that is resisting the person we just shook with. now look what our handshakes have evolved too and that is often a fist bump. As in putting two magnets together with both north poles facing. you get resistance. now look at what hand we wear wedding rings if we have them they are on the left to accept the commitment. How about this one? what side does a police officer approach a vehicle on in the us? it is the left and the chances for non acceptance are greatly reduced. Now look at the saying turn the other cheek. that means that if your enemy is on your left then you will accept his strike easily and if you turn and face him on your right he will not be able to continue. It can save your life. That is not to say that no one has ever had violence from the right but that it is a tool that can be used.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
That being said, turn the other cheek had nothing to do with self defense. For even the essenes and Yehoshua and his followers carried swords for self defense. It has to do with retaliation.

"Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword." - Matthew 26:52

When Jesus's followers wanted to protect him, he told them to put the sword away. He allowed himself to be captured and crucified. Jesus was not a hypocrite , he was brave and followed his teachings to the end of his life, because he was 100% sure that what he taught was Truth.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The basic tenents of all religions are so similar that we should be able to live a secular existence beside one another in brotherhood

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
which version of the Bible are you quoting from?

there are other verses but I would like to hear from you what do you think of following verses and how do they fit into your conclusion?

also, do you acknowledge there are mistakes and maybe even intentional interventions on the Bible?

"So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds. (From the NIV Bible, Revelation 2:22-23)"

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. — Luke 19:27

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

And yet according to the earliest traditions, and Essenes in general, and what is truly there, Jesus and his followers were armed for self defense. Now, choosing in a moment to not defend self and have his own men murdered may have been wise, not just considered "holy". They had swords, and were in the company of Christ as did the other Essenes.

So to say otherwise is just not accurate.

Of course then comes the whole argument about how much of a metaphor the whole crucifixion was and just what Paul and Rome created out of gnosis.

This had nothing to do with self defense. For that is one of the first principles along with serve and protect, so defense of others. Its retaliation that is always wrong. However in the heat of the moment, just after your child has been killed, Higher Ups would be mitigating circumstances, because mercy and love top everything.

edit on 8-7-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You will not enter Paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I guide to that which would make you love one another? Spread greetings (Salaam) abundantly amongst yourselves

I guess since Muhammad taught to love one another that means he's a true prophet and everything he says can be trusted?

People can say whatever they like, that doesn't mean they'll never lie or deceive you. Just because a few teachings mirror each other does not affirm that the general message is the same. That's like saying the Quran is 100% legitimate because it says to love each h other in some parts.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I guess since Muhammad taught to love one another that means he's a true prophet and everything he says can be trusted?

God is Love. Did he live through Love 100% of his life through each and every moment? If not, then he is not perfect and cannot be trusted 100%. The Christ is Love, but humans told his history in The Bible and all humans make mistakes.

"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.…" - John 5:39-40

God is Merciful. He is kind to the evil and ungrateful (Luke 6:35-36). God is Love, so if you know Love then you know God (1 John 4:8).

Our job is to try our best to live by The Warmth and Light of Love/God. It doesn't mean that we are perfect though but the more we focus, the more we grow closer to God and the more we Remember/Know God.

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
People can say whatever they like, that doesn't mean they'll never lie or deceive you. Just because a few teachings mirror each other does not affirm that the general message is the same. That's like saying the Quran is 100% legitimate because it says to love each h other in some parts.

I never said any 'thing' is 100% legitimate. I said the exact opposite.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You might as well get used to saying it now, ALL MAJOR DOCTRINES and their off-shoots,contain Humanitys One True History,they all come from ONE SINGLE COMMON ORIGIN,and hence are the same story.

This story contains no mention of dietys or gods,NONE WHAT-SO-EVER,nada,zip,zero,nothing.

"Humanitys One True History",remember it,for it has never left our side.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Far greater in the New Covenant though like in the Old Covenant, you CONSUME the New Covenant Passover Lamb, Our Lord who is God and your Savior (Jesus is supernaturally present in the most Holy Eucharist).

OT:

Exodus 12:8–11
They shall eat the flesh that night, roasted; with unleavened bread and bitter herbs they shall eat it. 9 Do not eat any of it raw or boiled with water, but roasted, its head with its legs and its inner parts. 10 And you shall let none of it remain until the morning, anything that remains until the morning you shall burn. 11 In this manner you shall eat it: your loins girded, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and you shall eat it in haste. It is the Lord’s passover.

NT:

1 Corinthians 5:7
Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our paschal lamb, has been sacrificed.

John 6:54
He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Paul:

! Corinthians 11:29
For any one who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment upon himself.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

OT (Job 4:8):

"Even as I have seen, they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same."
This isn't YHWH saying this, but Eliphaz the Temanite.

He was actually falsely blaming Job for his troubles, bringing them upon himself by committing "secret sins".

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I like these articles on Paul, they bring deep thinking into the matter. For while there may be a hidden agenda to his formation of the Church with Rome, one also needs to look deeply into the symbol of his role. He seems alot more gnostic than the role he played historically. Which makes me wonder if his work building the physical church was not just Rome using and building upon the sayings and real meaning he was sharing, then in order to spare his witness against what they created, the outer error, so he could not say, no this is not what I'm teacher, he was killed.

www.spiritofthescripture.com...
Tradition of the Gnostic Apostle: The Legacy of Christ in You

We find the first kernel of gnostic content in the letters with the use of the word ‘gnosis’ (Ephesians 1:17-19; Colossians 2:3). Gnosis meant something more than learned knowledge. The precise meaning of ‘gnosis’ in the Hellenized Greek language is knowledge received through mystical experience. Its origin is traced to the many esoteric philosophical schools, most notably in Alexandria Egypt. Gnosis is not secret knowledge held by a few. Gnosis is insight gained by experiencing or partaking of Divine nature (2 Peter 1:4). Divine nature is God’s nature, though not God him-herself.

In Christ we have already been raised to eternal life. The ego-centric physical body you see in the mirror when you get dressed in the morning is in a sense already dead (1 Corinthians 15:50-55). Paul said it has been crucified. The real you is the Christ in you. Paul uses a form of the phrases “in Christ” and “Christ in you” some 90 times. We are alive in a way that is profound. We have eternal life with no chronological beginning or end. A traditional way of putting it is that we are saved. This body and physical death have no power over us. As a new creation Jesus said we are “born again” or “born from above” (John 3:3-8).

The gnostic apostle did not teach that salvation is to be understood within the archaic heaven-or-hell framework. He never said that it was about “believing in” a man-deity to avoid eternal torment. Where is the love in that? What kind of God is behind that? We are saved by being transformed by the living Christ into the image of a loving God. It is Christ in you. How wonderful! This is the legacy of a gnostic apostle.

We may understand all mysteries and possess all knowledge, but without love it is useless (1 Corinthians 13:2).

The most important message is not about "what" we believe, for there are levels and layers as we go deeper, but more so "Becoming".

He also brings up how different the outcome for the Christian Church may have been had Valentinus been elected Bishop of Rome, and nearly was.

Valentinus relied heavily on Paul's teachings and his writing the Gospel of Truth was found with the manuscripts in the Nag Hammadi library.

Gospel of Truth ~ Nag Hammadi

In the write up this:

Power-hungry bishops and elders sought to crush Gnosis because the Gnostic carries his or her own priest, temple and altar within and does not require church canons, synods, catechisms, sacraments or creedal authority. Hence the wrath of the professional clergy against Mystics of all ages. People who have received the free gift of salvation do not need what the church is selling. More and more contemporary Christians who compare Gnostic vs. Catholic Christianity decide that they would rather be "heretics" along with Valentinius, Marcion and Basilides than "orthodox" alongside Irenaeus, Origien, Tertullian and Augustine.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

No.

Its to keep a balance.

If the good people did something to stop the evil which so many are convinced has covered the globe then the good become that bad and vice versa.

Yes,

we all have a choice to make is really becoming very clear to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join