It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Typhoon ... Thousands Urged to Evacuate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Typhoon Neoguri closed in on Japan's southernmost islands on Tuesday as a powerful Category 3 storm, producing destructive winds, drenching rain and surging waves.

The storm's outer bands began to lash the Okinawa island chain on Tuesday morning (local time) as officials advised nearly 480,000 people to evacuate, according to public broadcaster NHK.

Typhoon Neoguri Batters Okinawa

PLUS

New forecasts show direct hit at Fukushima plant

-
OBSERVATION: Japan sure has its ... Share-of-Problems ???

edit on 8-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

The local news says this one's going to be a real blow. They're expecting waves up to 14 meters (almost 45 feet).

We're 'seeing the suck' all the way over in Seoul right now. Anyone from the east coast of the USA can tell you what that means.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

OBSERVATION: Japan sure has its ... Share-of-Problems ???

Actually its a "good thing". All the radioactivity on the ground there will once again be washed to sea. Then they can go back to work for a while longer. Natures natural flush, lol.

Once it builds up another storm will clean the slate again and again. Could be ongoing for millennia at this rate.

Previous Typhoon
edit on 8-7-2014 by intrptr because: link title

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

The local news says this one's going to be a real blow. They're expecting waves up to 14 meters (almost 45 feet).

We're 'seeing the suck' all the way over in Seoul right now. Anyone from the east coast of the USA can tell you what that means.

I think the "suck" you're talking about is the same as what happened right before the sunami in the Indian Ocean, right......?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

There's a very apparent pull towards the low pressure region from the surrounding area. We watched all of the cloud cover getting 'sucked' in that direction all day. That's something like 800 miles away. Tells me this one is gonna be a doozy.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Like those poor people haven't been through enough already. My heart and prayers go out to them.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This looks huge. Link to realtime wind map

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

just looked at that map...gonna be a doozy for sure...I will keep an eye on this.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The storm's outer bands began to lash the Okinawa island chain on Tuesday morning (local time) as officials advised nearly 480,000 people to evacuate, according to public broadcaster NHK. 

480,000 people to evacuate where? Where to?

Where in the world is humanity?

I say this because there are already some collecting donations etc for for the aftermath yet really......

Why wasn't aircraft and cargo planes sent from as many of these so called allies or even religious nations?

Olive branch, love thy neighbour and all that.
Pathetic.
Global leaders and especially the United Nations should be ashamed.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The storm's outer bands began to lash the Okinawa island chain on Tuesday morning (local time) as officials advised nearly 480,000 people to evacuate, according to public broadcaster NHK. 

480,000 people to evacuate where? Where to?

Where in the world is humanity?

I say this because there are already some collecting donations etc for for the aftermath yet really......

Why wasn't aircraft and cargo planes sent from as many of these so called allies or even religious nations?

Olive branch, love thy neighbour and all that.
Pathetic.
Global leaders and especially the United Nations should be ashamed.

To add.
There seems to be a possible second......

new topics

top topics

join