It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Galactic NSA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

one odd thought....by now they've heard the War Of The World's broadcast and quite possibly decided this planet has already been invaded? .....and who wants a piece of that? seriously?

You might not be so far off...

Hadn't really thought about that.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
when i was little i used to get "night-visits"
.. i'm 38 now & still get them sometimes

put it into practice

live like you think something is watching you
i'm sure it will be confirmed privately..

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
We don't know that the grass is greener on their side of the fence.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Hey mate. Back again with a little more substance.

I do believe the idea; that our thoughts are transmitted into the greater cosmic consciousness,
put out there - to be picked up by an individual - attuned to that "vibe" at that time.

As far as "I love Lucy" which is all some distant planets may receive, you still need the necessary receivers.

Now if these Et's use a certain means of communication; vastly different to ours - who's to say they may only have a ' SETI' equivalent. I mean hey - the " we are vastly superior gene " may be the problem universally !?

Let's have a yarn with the Dolphins , pondering the alien agenda ...

ED: Cloaked dish ??

edit on 9-7-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
If they receive some of the god-awful sitcoms flooding airwaves I wouldn't blame them for staying away. I'm thinking Two and a Half Men kinda garbage.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
As far as Aliens are concerned, who knows. There could be Aliens that are just out of our reach, and have attained interstellar travel.

While, there could be another civilization of Aliens whom are as far them, as the ones earlier mentioned are as far from us. As far as could guess, some more advanced ones, have probably seen whole worlds destroyed due to astronomical events that probably couldn't have been stopped at all.

Although a galactic agency is somewhat far fetched, but it does make one wonder if there is some kind of force that protects most sentient life from astronomical dangers, to at least give the sentient tenets of a world a chance to survive when they are more capable. And who knows, maybe Brainwaves(praying) possibly could alert it, but it could only interfere in extreme circumstance, and would leave little evidence that it was involved to.

Maybe as a way not interfere with a civilizations psychological development. I mean look at, for all we know, they could of screwed up, and here we are fighting over religions.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I think observers intelligent enough would be able to decipher fiction from non fiction transmissions with movies-news-documentaries and reality television.
Some who my not understand may see a few ET based movies and totally avoid others may come closer to verify if whats observed is going on.

The galactic NSA would hopefully put a transmit capturing device that absorbs signals from a planet before they go anywhere observable outside that planets space...

Interesting question OP

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

I think observers intelligent enough would be able to decipher fiction from non fiction transmissions with movies-news-documentaries and reality television.

Oh no doubt. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. But our fiction is drawn from enough real-life parallels that it still reveals an enormous amount of information about us. Fiction is just exaggerated reality, eh? And heck, sometimes reality is even more extreme than anything that could be imagined.

When we look at classical and ancient cultures here on Earth, we certainly take into account their myths and folk tales.

I'm just wondering what kind of picture we paint for outside observers.

Thanks for your reply.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I'm just wondering what kind of picture we paint for outside observers.

Thanks for your reply.

You are welcome NarcolepticBuddha, the op is interesting to me. Could imagine some see humanity as a species with potentials demonstrated-shown in the discovery-history-religion-science like channels as well as some of the action hero movies transmissions. They may also see humans as a species @ risk in need of more maturity with other broadcast like what's on the MSM @ times in relation to global species on species hatred crimes & events.

To 1 its basically who is doing the observing that determines the perception of humans.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If you take into account the hypotheses of Pamspermia and that biological life arrived here in the form of amino acids hitching a ride on a comet, then it would be pretty safe to hypothesise that whoever is out there in the vastness of space are just like us.

Now that is scary , especially if they are more advanced , but exhibit all of our worse traits.
edit on 9-7-2014 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

I'm not so sure. If the only information they receive from us is from radio and tv broadcasts, where would you even start to decipher the ridiculous amount of information we've been putting out for all those years? We have own own cultural cues as to what is fiction and what is fact, but even then we don't always get it right. Lemmings don't jump off cliffs like the documentary showed, for example. The Blair Witch also has people convinced that it was real 'found footage'.

Switch it around and we start viewing alien transmissions - how well would we cope with beginning to understand it all?

Even if a hyper intelligent alien race was watching our transmissions and could tell fact from fiction with reasonable accuracy, they'd at best have a facsimile of our planet and us as a species. They'd have to deal with the same bias' and propaganda that's present in our media. Imagine Alien scholars arguing over liberal and conservative viewpoints and which one is 'the truth'.

I may be underestimating our galactic eavesdroppers, though. Who knows who is listening in on us?

Agreed that OP has posed a very interesting question.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Have any abductees had anything to say about the ALIENS opinion of our media? I should think like us they are amused and horrified.
The human condition is not ALL BAD and our especially idealized entertainment CAN depict values ANY sentient race could agree with,besides THEY have higher tech so we might be contained by such means anyway.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I wonder what they think of Star Trek. Maybe they saw that and thought we were pretty advanced, then when they came to check us out they saw our primitive fossil fuel rockets, doh!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sharted
I wonder what they think of Star Trek. Maybe they saw that and thought we were pretty advanced, then when they came to check us out they saw our primitive fossil fuel rockets, doh!

That very theme was fully developed in 'Galaxy Quest', one of my all-time favourite movies.

www.youtube.com...

Even Tim Allen is excellent in it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There are plenty of examples of humanity's better nature in radio and television broadcasts. I expect that any extraterrestrials interested enough to scrutinize our broadcasts will discern that they are seeing a cross section, from the worst to the best that humanity has to offer.
Our broadcasts, as a whole, probably give a better, franker picture of us than would any self-conscious 'best-foot-forward' propaganda piece.
Given our probable youth among stellar-communicating species, many of our faults may be overlooked, as inevitable at our stage of development. I think a 'warts and all' portrayal may earn us points for honesty, and the ability to criticize ourselves, learn from our mistakes, and improve over time.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: Sharted

That very theme was fully developed in 'Galaxy Quest', one of my all-time favourite movies.

www.youtube.com...

Even Tim Allen is excellent in it.

Hah, never seen it but going to check it out just now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join