It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISRAEL launches offensive on Gaza!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: g146541 I agree that those tactics do smack of people that have been pushed to their breaking point and one persons freedom fighter is another persons terrorist, usually depending on which news network you're watching.
How many of the people actually doing the fighting and dying are wealthy?

The networks never paste photos of soldiers using children for shields.
They will however show bombing and cite an "excuse" for it.
You are however very right about the wealthy, apparently we both understand the real reason why people die.
Star to you!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

This problem has no foreseeable end in sight.

In fact, I can see this problem going on indefinitely, either becoming 'resolved' by an Arab invasion of Israel, or, more hopefully, a change in Arab society that parallels what the west went through in the second half of the 20th century.

Let the Internet and the influence it has had infiltrate their worldviews so that the chauvinism of fundamentalist Islam gives way to a more peaceful and compassionate perception where people feel a genuine need to compromise - not as a means to an end, but as an end in itself, because the act of compromise embodies peaceful intentions.

But, I don't think that will happen. I think the Israelis will announce a one state solution in the next year or so and the west bank Palestinians will bitch and complain while they're given citizenship and equal rights. But of course we can fully expect that they will misuse and abuse the term 'apartheid' all the while they exercise rights that blacks in South Africa never had - but for them, and their political interests, they will do it nonetheless. And their gullible western friends will follow their lead. Why? I don't know.

After a few years the situation will probably mellow as Palestinians experience the peace and wellbeing of living in a society that protects their rights - and even grants them the right to changing the society they are members of. But I imagine that the Islamist and chauvinistic BS which proliferates in the west-bank will be controlled and eventually die-out as people occupy themselves with living and thriving instead of starting trouble for the sake of some questionable "palestinian" identity.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Perspective, indeed. How old is your daughter, and son? I was under the impression that they were both rather young...?

Hope they're safe. Hope all the other kids are, too.

This is all so pointless. In the end, what is going to be accomplished? More death. More destruction. More everlasting hatred.

And on and on, it'll go.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Maybe, there is no link to that trusted news sources actual webpage where its stated just a facebook page.. and i choose not consider any facebook page as a trusted source. How many times facebook pages has got news right ?

Actually you will have a hard time finding mainstream news sources reporting Palestinians deaths. Simply because if they were to start showing them it would be hard for Israel to keep up the image of them being the constant weak victim that needs all the help they can get. Of course this help is in the form of money and free weapons. That and any news source that does report them gets labeled as anti Semitic and a Israel hater.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Gaza rocket hits Jerusalem as Palestinian death toll reaches 2

IDF has confirmed that a rocket launched from Gaza hit Jerusalem, as air raid sirens continue to sound through southern and central Israel. Authorities say there have been no casualties reported following the latest long-range Palestinian rocket salvo.

Meanwhile, Israeli warplanes have struck the home of senior Islamic Jihad militant Hafiz Hamad, killing him and five members of his family, Gaza health officials say. The Palestinian death toll in Gaza now stands at 25, with over 100 injured. IDF tweeted that 117 rockets have struck Israel in the past 24 hours, and an additional 29 were intercepted by the Iron Dome.

RT

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Well i'm watching this from very far. Let's just get this Jihad over with, Israel invades gaza, Iran nukes Israel, the whole middle east becomes a nuclear field, i don't care. But this needs to stop. So let's just watch

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Stop using Russia Today as a source. It's a communist pamphlet.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

My daughter is 18 and my son 16. My thanks to you for asking.

What will be achieved ? Sod all

My kids are relatively safe as where they live is is pretty isolated, and therefore not really targeted, but the rockets being used are notoriously inaccurate.

My son seems more worried about Brazil's 7-1 defeat in the world cup last night.

Ironically a Palestinian friend has texted me the same thing, his kids are more concerned about the football as well.

To quote from his text.

"Hi Tone still safe so far, thanks for asking my friend, in answer, no there is no way out for us right now, I screamed at the kids last night we need to get out and get safe NOW.......... But dad it's 3-0".

Kids huh LOL

Maybe there is hope

Cody

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: metodex

Stop using Russia Today as a source. It's a communist pamphlet.

Why don't you stop filling the thread with inane comments like this, where is your updates?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I notice that you like to reply using the term junior. I suppose that you think that is dismissive. Its not dismissive to anyone with self confidence. It is just you wasting your words. Talk about the subject not the posters, T&Cs you know.

Regarding putting words in your mouth, I did not. I simply observed that your statement

Nothing justifies israels mass murder and crimes against humanity.

pretty much sums up your point of view. If I have misread your point of view, do tell how as it would further the discussion on topic.

BTW, no one likes corrupt bastards and murderers who profit from bloodshed, seems to me that there are plenty of them in this conflict to go around.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Israel launches 160 raids

Jerusalem (CNN) -- As rockets and missiles fly back and forth between Gaza and Israel, the Israeli military -- saying it doesn't expect the crisis to resolve itself soon -- is preparing for a ground incursion.

Israeli Intelligence Minister Yuval Steinitz told CNN such an operation "might become necessary," and Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon said the security operation against the militant group Hamas "will probably not end within several days."

Militants fired more than 130 rockets at Israeli civilians, Israel said Tuesday. Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said it targeted about 160 "terror sites" in Gaza in the early hours of Wednesday, after carrying out 150 airstrikes the day before.

CNN

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I cannot imagine either group would actually believe in God. That is being quite honest. If they had any belief in God whatsoever their actions would show it. Neither group has anything Godly in their actions.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

There is and it will come from the people on both sides because there is good both in Israel and Palestine if you exclude the extremists on both sides.

The same extremist ideologies that create enough hate to warrant the murder of 3 Israeli kids and the responding murder of the Palestinian child and the brutal beating of another by the Israeli police.

The problem is that small percentage doesn't want peace, they simply want to to exercise hate...unfortunately Israel will always come out the loser due to its excessive response to any action by Hamas & Co...that blood is not on Israel's hand but the US who has militarized Israel.

I am afraid to say this campaign was planned by Israel and is a part of the ongoing settlement land grab and the same rhetoric is used back and forth to avoid having to actually workout a peace agreement, one that benefits everyone.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Gaza rocket hits Jerusalem as Palestinian death toll reaches 2

and what if it would've hit the al-aqsa mosque or dome of the rock..... what then? is this city not holy to Muslims too?

How stupid can they get?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Neither side has yet to plumb the depths of their stupidity.

You would think that of all places in all the world, that particular city would be off limits to all conflict...

But nope. Proof positive that stupidity knows no bounds. Palestinians? Stupid. Israelis? Stupid.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I don't get it.

Israel is one nation, why do we keep hearing that an outside people (the Palestinians) keep terrorizing the 'Israelis'?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

That is an accurate statement.

though some will disagree, probably very shortly.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It is too bad that the Israelis have not yet realized that these events are a planned provocation.

Israel must be seen as the aggressor, and perceived as the bad guys by much of the world. They must be provoked into a major disproportionate escalation of violence in order to provide religious justification for outside intervention from elements hellbent on the destruction of the Jewish state of Israel.

With a US administration that has shown no desire to intervene, it is a good time to execute their plans....

The Israelis would be wise to more carefully consider a measured response to any provocation....

imo

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It seems like it's always a conflict, no matter the era. I've read most of the comments in this thread, and I gotta say that I do not think people will ever become humans. We will never turn away from violence, we will never learn to live in peace. More than ever, I'm so convinced that the humankind is at its end very soon. That is, a self-destruction end. And then, those who are left, maybe they can uncover the real treasures of this life.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join