It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISRAEL launches offensive on Gaza!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth
A lot of people think that its wrong of Israel to defend itself. Think of it like our basic gun rights, if someone is shooting at you and you have a gun, wouldn't you shoot back? Or would you rather give up your arms and surrender? but this isn't a person to person situation, Its worse then that. The only reason rockets are being fired in the first place is because Israel is being provoked, and its definitely working.

The exact same can be spun around to support the Palestinians. Take a look at what i've written below. I've effectively copied your statement, but changed a couple of terms:

"A lot of people think that it's wrong of the Palestinians to defend themselves. Think of in regards to basic human rights. If someone is depriving you of your liberty and freedom, wouldn't you fight back? Or would you rather give up and allow you and your people to suffer? But this isn't a person-to-person situation, it's worse than that. The only reason rockets are being fired in the first place, is because Israel is depriving the Palestinians of basic human rights, and it's definitely working."

Yeah...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
...and so the idiots are at it again.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Blood thirsty morons on both sides.

What exactly will be accomplished by this latest blood-letting? Other than people who shouldn't be dead, will be. On both sides.

I'd call it sickening, but that should go without saying.

It is disappointing, but i can't help but think the international scene is just as responsible for the continuing violence. They should be enforcing the UN laws of which Israel has broken. Israel thinks it can do what ever it wants, simply because it has done so in the past.

Without proper international enforcement, there won't be any type of progression towards a Palestinian statehood, in my opinion. And a Palestinian state, is what is ultimately needed to ensure the safety of the Palestinian people.

It's a shame, because i feel for the innocent on both sides of the fence. It's just the damn governments that are affecting the overall scheme of things...and it's always the governments.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
I have a close friend who was in the PLO, and he believes Hamas in fact receive covert funding from Israel, as a way of keeping the Palestinians divided as well as providing a convenient and immediate enemy.

Exactly what I was thinking! Israel needs Hamas the same way the U.S needs Al Qaeda. Open your eyes people, why would the Palestinians cut off their nose to spite their face? Using those rockets, which are glorified bottle rockets against the Israeli's is just plain dumb, and it only benefits the Zionist's.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
www.ustream.tv...

Hope this link is in properly.

Its a livestream from Gaza. Its the only one I`ve found so far.

ETA... Reuters is online now toowww.livestation.com...
edit on 8-7-2014 by dragonlover12 because: addned another site

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: buster2010
If this is true then why do they still cry God gave us this land when people ask them why are they stealing land from the Palestinians?

Like I said ... they need to dump that mentality. The Jews claim God gave them Israel via Abraham. The Muslims claim that God gave them Israel via Abraham because the Jews didn't fulfill the agreement. .

Hogwash. This has nothing to do with religion. There were already MASSES of Palestinians in what is now Israel when Hitler was raging through Europe. This has nothing to do with the religion of the palestinians (some of whom are christian). They were simply there first. Were the native americans terrorists because they fought for their ancestral lands? How long did those battles rage on? Think theres still just a little resentment? Remember that slavery thing....think there's still just a little resentment? When you come into someones ancestral home and forcibly displace them you should expect resistance as long as there are people left to resist. You can't do things to people and then say oh its been 70 years they need to get over it when they are still living with the results.
edit on 8-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: FlyersFan

That's exactly the point. I don't understand what is so difficult to understand about Hamas being a terrorist organization. If Hamas was sitting on a border next to the US and were launching rockets, into say Texas, they'd be obliterated. If you ask me, the Palestinians would be much better off without Hamas ruling over them.

If Israel took all our land and forced Americans to live in Texas, then I would be firing rockets at them too. Everyone I know would be doing the same.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch
Hogwash. This has nothing to do with religion.

It has to do with a lot of things. And yes, a large chunk of it is religion.

When you come into someones ancestral home ...

1 - You do realize that Israel is the ancestral homeland for the Jews too, right?
2 - You do realize that, in the past, the Muslims displaced the Jews and slaughtered them for the lands there, right? It was all part of early Islamic expansion at the tip of a blood soaked sword.

Over the centuries Muslims have done it to the Jews and the Jews have done it to the Muslims. That's why people should learn to live in 2014 .... not in 1948 .... not in 1800 .... not in 1600 .... not in 2000 BC .... Everyone is there NOW. A two state solution will allow everyone to stay.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
These 2 peoples have been fighting for thousands of years. Jewish propaganda, Muslim propaganda. The venom of both of these snakes is now poisoning the rest of us. Both sides look down on anyone who isn't one of their own. Both sides are wrong, both sides are war criminals. No support for Israel or Palestine.
...and Moderators should remember to not moderate in threads that they participate in.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Well .. if Hamas would stop firing rockets at Israel, then Israel wouldn't have a reason to shoot back.

In the middle of a facetime video call with my mate in Tel Aviv, the sirens went off, he ran to the shelter and left the facetime on... Iron Dome intercepted missile headed for Tel Aviv. I heard a minor boom on the video call.... insane!

Hamas really knows how to escalate things.....

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Well .. if Hamas would stop firing rockets at Israel, then Israel wouldn't have a reason to shoot back.

Well if Israel would stop stealing their land, mass arresting their people and forcing people out of their homes so more claim jumpers could move in Hamas wouldn't have a reason to shoot rockets at Israel. Not to mention even if Hamas didn't fire rockets Israel would arrange something themselves so they would have a reason to attack Gaza.

Exactly what I was gonna s

So this is the part where Israel tries to genocide their victims? Unbelievable that the world sits by and allows it to happen. They're sucker-punching Palestinians in the back of the head all while screaming help and playing the victim. I cannot imagine how many innocent men, women and children will be slaughtered at the hands of Israeli soldiers.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

I think you need to consider why Hamas and co insist on continuously firing large numbers of rockets into Israel, day after day and month after month, with knowledge that Israel will shoot back with bigger guns.

Well, it is because so doing keeps the hatred alive. It keeps the cycle of violence going. Just think, if Hamas stopped then Israel would have no excuse. The simple path to the truth is that Hamas just don't want peace as that would make them irrelevant.

Regards

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The shelling has started

edit on 8-7-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
My heart breaks for the innocents caught in the middle of this, on both sides. The war machine rolls on and its fuel is the blood of innocents.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
offered in 1948,,

REJECTED!

also rejected,,

and once again we see where Israel is at fault,,

right,, its Israels fault.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
and the Palestinian "Final Solution" begins.. GENOCIDE !!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RocksFromSpace
and the Palestinian "Final Solution" begins.. GENOCIDE !!!!

the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group. Origin: 1940–45;

So if one wipes out Hamas,,by strict def. u are correct.

"the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national political group."

so your point is?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RocksFromSpace

Unless you meant, the 1947 and 1948 Solutions to the "Palestininian Problem"?
see link here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

but, i quote the reason for the REJECTED,,solution,
and i quote,
"the Arab States

drew attention to the injustice
implied in this solution.

[affecting] the right Of the people of Palestine.

yes the implied injustice,, the ARAB States.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

It is disappointing, but i can't help but think the international scene is just as responsible for the continuing violence. They should be enforcing the UN laws of which Israel has broken. Israel thinks it can do what ever it wants, simply because it has done so in the past.

That statement is true enough, as far as it goes. How many agreements have the Palestinians broken in that same span?

But, yes, it is time, if the international community is going to do anything, now for it to act.

By act, though, I mean actually make it better, not worse.

But... That won't happen. So the killing will periodically flair up...one side or the other, or both; will declare victory, then they'll catch their collective breathes and start it all over again.

...and so to will the blame game.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatsreal

I loved your in depth and well thought response to this terrible situation where the only people who suffer are the innocent. These governments care for nothing except for themselves and see all civilians of both their own country and enemy country as cannon fodder.
I see you used the three most oppressive countries on the face of this earth. America who have terrorised most of the countries on earth throughout their history under the banner of liberating. The English who openly slaughtered irish republicans who under media control named terrorists, yet through hindsight and investigations prove that the English government were happy to get their hands dirty and kill the innocent. I can go on but its off topic.

Israel are the bullys here with the America flexing their muscles over their shoulder. I don't condone any violence but putting myself in a situation where invaders came to my home, claimed it as their own and openly terrorised and oppress man woman and child, I feel anyone who is not a coward would stand up for whats right. But then again being the small man you will be labelled a terrorist.

I don't know what makes me more angry, the terrible crimes and suffering these people are going through or the fact I can do nothing to change this glorified mass f*cking murder!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join