It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISRAEL launches offensive on Gaza!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: demus
a reply to: CommandoJoe

Hamas reacted, exactly what they needed.

Your acceptance of government bodies ruled by terrorists is disturbing as well.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

a reply to: EternalSolace

so you don't have any moments in history to support your position that IDF is less threat to Palestinians than Hamas is to Israel?

and most if not all unconnected irrelevant examples from another continents you supplied are examples of smaller forces DEFENDING!

so there I could agree with you, Palestinians can, will and are defending quite well against much stronger enemy.

the palistinians are still there and the IDF could level the place in a month.

if roles were reversed, israel would be gone a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

what you're saying?

ground invasion is exactly what Israel is aiming from.

most of the people who know anything about the region and the geopolitical situation could tell that there will be ground invasion when the news about "missing teenagers" was first released in every news outlet in the world.

I'm sure they will say otherwise but their actions speaks louder than words - very LOUD.

Most of the people that actually live in the region and know more about the situation than those that don't live here but think they know better would likely disagree. A ground invasion would happen solely due to the non-stop rocket fire from Hamas. If it was about the kidnapped teens, then why no air strikes in the West Bank? Why not roll tanks in there and knock down a few towns?

and they didn't even investigate the case; just imprisoned, questioned, razed, clashed and killed with a goal of once more spreading the flame of hate and war.

Hamas reacted, exactly what they needed.

No doubt Israel went in with a heavy hand, but that is because they actually care about their children unlike Palestinian extremists who have no problem sending their children to be suicide bombers. How many Jewish suicide bombers have you heard of?
Something that didn't really make the news outside of Israel is that they found quite a few weapons and explosive hidden during the searches. And if you consider the environment, where many would kill you if they had the opportunity, it's not like you can just go politely knock on a few doors show a picture and say,"seen these kids? No, OK, have a nice day". There are some guns in the hands of Palestinians in the West Bank and explosives as well. Many soldiers have been stabbed in recent months too. And BTW, questioning is usually part of investigating... They went to the homes of people that were known to be affiliated with Hamas and most likely to carry out a kidnapping...

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: CommandoJoe

Because this thread is about Gaza... So you went off topic intentionally?

This thread is about Israel and Gaza and bringing up the history of Zionism and their barbaric acts which have allowed these atrocities to continue is not off topic. The Israeli/Palestine conflict didn't start yesterday. I like to get to the root of the problem, how about you?

And I believe currently, a very large part of the problem is Hamas. We could go back 50, 100, 200, or 2000 years but most of that doesn't have a lot of bearing on the current situation. I know Israel is not perfect and do not agree with everything they do, but I would much rather live in Israel than any Muslim territory, especially one run by terrorists. Don't dare try to run against Hamas in a "Democratic" election - they will shoot you in the legs and throw you off the nearest high rise building - that's how they came to power... And for the record quite a few Arabs (Christian, Muslim, Druze, and some of those also consider themselves Palestinians) live in Israel and have Israeli citizenship, can vote, work, run for office, and have no problem living peacefully among the Jewish people. Those that can't live peacefully, launch rockets, throw stones, assault, stab, murder, and kidnap... Any of those Arab Israeli's could choose to live in the West Bank, but they don't because they have it pretty good here. I know there is some discrimination, but most of that is carried out by the Jewish extremists - every society has its bad apples, but it is the exception here, not the rule. Those extremists also treat women poorly and even their own who make the unpopular decision to serve in the military.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
it seems Israel is on the roll...

KHAN YOUNIS, Gaza Strip (AP) — The Al Haj family never heard it coming: An Israeli missile smashed into their home in the middle of the night, destroying the structure and killing eight relatives in a matter of seconds. A survivor said all the dead were civilians.

More than 85 people have been killed, including dozens of civilians, and over 300 wounded since the offensive began Tuesday, Palestinian medical officials said.

"So far the campaign is going as planned," Netanyahu said in a statement broadcast on national television.

Palestinian hospital officials put the death toll at more than 80 and claimed half of those killed were women and children. Some accounts of the death toll said it had passed 90. There have been no reported Israeli casualties from the Hamas rockets being fired across the border.

Israel Dramatically Escalates Air Strikes On Gaza

Gaza death toll rises as Israel escalates aerial assault

terrorism - the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

so bombing of Palestinian civilians is justified because the Hamas is oppressing them as well?

there is no excuse for most of what Israel is doing...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
just saw another large hit on Gaza
www.livestation.com...

anyone got another good live stream site?
I want to confirm this one is current

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: demus

Way to splice in the quote from Netanyahu to make it seem like the Israeli plan is to kill a bunch of civilians... Are you related to Goebbels by any chance?

I bet a large percentage of the dead were involved in rocket launches. The innocent deaths are unfortunate, but Hamas doesn't care as those deaths draw attention to their cause and would sacrifice many more of their own to further their cause.

If Israel's plan was to kill a bunch of civilians there would be thousands dead. They could carpet bomb Gaza to commit the genocide and mass murder that some many people mistakenly think is occurring.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
So the Iron Dome intercepted 16 out of 85 rockets. Man we sure wasted our money on that POS didn't we.
no. the iron dome only fires at rockets that radar surveilance shows are heading towards populated areas. those are unguided rockets so most fly off in random directions and are not a threat. why would they waste an interceptor on a pos rocket heading off into the desert?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

so bombing of Palestinian civilians is justified because the Hamas is oppressing them as well?

Israel actually drops leaflets and phones civilians in the targeted area to get the hell out. the palestinian govt told it's civilians to ignore the warnings and remain where they are; I.e; to die to generate sympathy for the state.

edit on 11-7-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Israel goes out of its way to minimize civilian casualties, even sending sms and phone calls with recorded messages to warn of incoming bombs... If they didn't care there would be many many more casualties... Innocent deaths on either side are no good, but there really is no simple solution.

If the people of Gaza wanted Hamas out, they could do it overnight - From what I've read there are less than 2000 active Hamas members (Probably less now...) and about 1.5 million people in Gaza. A few good sized mobs and they could beat the crap out of Hamas with 2x4's overnight. Egyptians were able to kick out their president and remove the Muslim Brotherhood from power. Look at what the angry Chinese mob did to the police that were brutalizing people in their neighborhood.

If the people of Gaza don't think that Hamas is the reason for their current suffering, then they are blind and loose quite a bit of my sympathy. If someone in my neighborhood was launching missiles right next door, and immediately after that an air strike destroyed that area, I'm going to go beat the crap out of the guy launching missile from my block so the retaliatory strikes don't continue. Cause and effect.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

If someone in my neighborhood was launching missiles right next door, and immediately after that an air strike destroyed that area, I'm going to go beat the crap out of the guy launching missile from my block so the retaliatory strikes don't continue. Cause and effect.

If Hamas terrorists stopped firing missiles at Israel Israel would stop attacking Gaza - but the Hamas leadership do not want that, they love a high Palestinian body count for propaganda purposes.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I just saw that the death toll is at 100 on the Palestinian side.
Who will stop these nazi ? Its Israel speciality to target innocents that can't fight back.
Coward Zionists.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
what i want to see is the POS Hamas leaders that can be linked with the order to their own civilians to remain in place when they could safely flee; executed. in public. Every one that can be linked to that act of incalculable evil deserves to die painfully and publicly.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

a reply to: demus

Way to splice in the quote from Netanyahu to make it seem like the Israeli plan is to kill a bunch of civilians... Are you related to Goebbels by any chance?

I bet a large percentage of the dead were involved in rocket launches. The innocent deaths are unfortunate, but Hamas doesn't care as those deaths draw attention to their cause and would sacrifice many more of their own to further their cause.

If Israel's plan was to kill a bunch of civilians there would be thousands dead. They could carpet bomb Gaza to commit the genocide and mass murder that some many people mistakenly think is occurring.

take the quotes as you will.

the fact is that civilians among whom many are women and children are dead and that Netanyahu said everything is going on as planned.

you can "bet" dead civilians are not innocent but you don't have any proof for that.

If Israel's plan was to kill a bunch of civilians there would be thousands dead.

I hope we will not see thousands dead.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

If someone in my neighborhood was launching missiles right next door, and immediately after that an air strike destroyed that area, I'm going to go beat the crap out of the guy launching missile from my block so the retaliatory strikes don't continue. Cause and effect.

If Hamas terrorists stopped firing missiles at Israel Israel would stop attacking Gaza - but the Hamas leadership do not want that, they love a high Palestinian body count for propaganda purposes.

let us step back and see what happened.

3 Israeli teenagers disappeared, Israel arrested more than 300 hundred people, search thousands homes, killed more than 3 Palestinian teenagers in clashes with Palestinians and all of that without any proof or investigation about the disappearance of 3 young boys.

it was enough for Israel and for The World that Netanyahu say: "It Was Hamas and they Will Pay"

how sick is that?

Israel attacked Hamas directly and Hamas reacted.

the reason is new unity of Palestinians (Hamas and Fatah) that Israel cannot allow to happen.

I can understand their logic and their goals but a least here on ATS we should see through superficial propaganda...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
i have a novel idea...it's unusual i know but here it is. since Israel does not bomb or shell except in response to palestinian's committing atrocities... wouldn't be novel if... you know the Palestinians cared enough to not commit atrocities to provoke the death of thier own civilians? crazy huh? i know, i know ...it's Israel's fault. yeah... I can tell the mental acuity of the likes that think that by their actual intellectual paucity being enough to call the Jews; Nazis. MENSA will be calling you shortly; I'm sure. keep waiting. It'll happen any moment now.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Palestine is nothing but a propaganda and missile launching platform.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Yes she came at me with a knife screaming rape so i blew her to bits with my RPG as I was hiding behind a wall fifty yards away. Mad she was

Thats the story we get about Israel each day and you only need to look at the prison known as Gaza and the primative weapons they try to defend themselves with to know that when Israel uses the word "Peace" that it is thinking murder.

The French underground also did suicide missions but we call them heros and if thats all the people can fight back with in Gaza then they will and that does not make them cowards like the drone pilots who will soon be zapping you in the streets for swearing or dropping litter or for parking the car in the worng place.

Unless Isreal is sorted out then the east will never meet with the west and that is bad for billions of people and not just a few million who say that god picked them

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

let us step back and see what happened.

Ok, let us see.

en.wikipedia.org...
According to the Israel Security Agency's annual report, Palestinians carried out 150 rocket launches and 215 mortar launches at Israel during the year

en.wikipedia.org...
Over the course of 2011, 680 rockets, mortars and Grad missiles were fired from the Gaza Strip into Israel

en.wikipedia.org...
2012 In total, an estimated sum of 2,257 rockets had been launched at Israel from Gaza

en.wikipedia.org...
2013, about 67 rocket and mortar attacks on Israel

en.wikipedia.org...
176 rocket and mortar attacks from Gaza on Israel
NOTE: This is only up to June - July is not included.

So after all that you have the hide to claim "Israel attacked Hamas directly and Hamas reacted. "
Why do you ignore all the above attacks on Israel by the Hamas terrorists? A sign of a sick mind.

edit on 11-7-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join