It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISRAEL launches offensive on Gaza!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

a problem in your analogy is that the small and big guy are not in the park...

rather the big guy moved in a backyard of a small guys house, built three times bigger house and even forced the small guy to live in one and a half room.

(...started building the wall)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

I said potential because while Hamas is lobbing rockets, and Israel is dropping bombs, the real fight hasn't started yet. When either side crosses the border in a full on invasion with ground troops, the real war will start. That's when the real potential unlocks.

Anyone with any sense knows wars are won and fought by those wearing the boots on the ground.
edit on 7/10/2014 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I take it you agree to my original statements then?

so you would agree that compared with the IDF, Hamas is of little threat to the apartheid?

would you agree that occupation forces of IDF are of much greater threat to Palestinians than Hamas is to Israelis?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

A threat is still a threat.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

And occupation is still an occupation... The only difference is 2014 isn't 1948.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: thesaneone

And occupation is still an occupation... The only difference is 2014 isn't 1948.

Gaza hasn't been occupied since the IDF forcibly removed settlers almost 10 years and pulled all personnel out of the strip... They left quite few a fully functional green houses, and Hamas destroyed them all. And what Israel got for all this was an increase in terrorism and rocket fire.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

I said potential because while Hamas is lobbing rockets, and Israel is dropping bombs, the real fight hasn't started yet. When either side crosses the border in a full on invasion with ground troops, the real war will start. That's when the real potential unlocks.

Anyone with any sense knows wars are won and fought by those wearing the boots on the ground.

I drove up to the Golan Heights today to pick up a new puppy and on the way there and back we saw quite a bit of military hardware being moved south on the highway. I'll leave out details in the interest of opsec. I think a ground invasion is going to happen very soon. Israel doesn't want to do this as it puts their troops at risk and increases the chance of civilian casualties. But the alternative is to let rockets continue to rain down on half the country and everyone is tired of that.

I stopped off in Ashdod to pick up some puppy food and about an hour later a car in the city was hit by a missile...

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CommandoJoe

I think someone in the CIA or US State department has Netanyahu's number every time he beats his chest makes threats and moves hardware around to do something he backs down at the last minute last time he even declared a cease fire as rockets were raining down on Southern Israeli cities ;sorry I just take the guy as a lot of piss and wind,all talk no action.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CommandoJoe
Gaza hasn't been occupied since the IDF forcibly removed settlers almost 10 years and pulled all personnel out of the strip... They left quite few a fully functional green houses, and Hamas destroyed them all. And what Israel got for all this was an increase in terrorism and rocket fire.

Gaza? What makes you think I was using Gaza as an example?
edit on 10-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Tanks and fighter jets being used against people in a prison know as Gaza that can only use sticks and stones and home made fireworks to fight back is what you call a one sided war.

The kill ratio must be at 100 to one for Israel and the only word our media plays is "Peace" as if Israel wants peace when it is holding a gun to everyones head.

No tear will I shed if that place gets nuked thats for sure.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand and support Israel's likely move into the strip. No nation on earth should tolerate constant rocket fire on its people. I just hope that when it's all said and done, no more people have to be displaced than necessary to be rid of Hamas... Legit Palestinian (not Hamas) or Israeli.

I hope no one was injured in that attack that hit the car.
edit on 7/10/2014 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

I beg to differ. I have no sympathy for the Israeli government but in saying that, I would not agree that every Israeli must suffer because of their crimes against humanity. Same on the other side, Palestinians shouldn't suffer because of a few morons who think launching rockets into Israel is actually going to achieve something.

The Political aspect of both sides are too blame, not the people who have to put up with their bs.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You dont seem to get it. Gaza is a prison for 2 million people. They are locked down. The completely innocent trapped in an area being.bombed indiscriminately. Hamas shoots off a few rinky dink rockets.that rarely ever hit anyone and are shot down if they head towards any populated areas. These are armed men that the palestinians cant oppose.and are forced.to allow them to imbed with them making the civilians targets. They.dont.have the sirens and.bunkers the israelis do.so.they are.waiting.to die.

The isrealis bombing to a far greater extent (in civilian areas -theyve already killed kids.in this.operation). Responding to little rockets with missiles and airstrikes is.a little excessive.

Especially when they used three israeli teens murders as the premise. I mean they couldve been murdered by anyone. I thought.the 911 call from the abductee was a little suspect. He doesnt say they were abducted from hamas, then the captor speaks in hebrew with " possibly a slight (arabic?) Accent. Pretty weird.

Israel is in the wrong.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand and support Israel's likely move into the strip. No nation on earth should tolerate constant rocket fire on its people. I just hope that when it's all said and done, no more people have to be displaced than necessary to be rid of Hamas... Legit Palestinian (not Hamas) or Israeli.

I hope no one was injured in that attack that hit the car.

When Israel installed the Iron Dome system they were investing in a future of rocket attacks against Israel. That move showed with crystal clarity that Israel was expecting aggression. Why would they expect aggression from the Palestinians that USED to have a nation of their own?? My guess is that Israel WANTS the rocket attacks and even facilitate their delivery to Gaze and West Bank because it allows them to exact more and more control over the region without looking like they WANT the whole lot.

And Hamas IS legit. As is Hezbollah. Sorry they do not fit with your draconian imperialistic views.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Rocket fired into northern Israel from Lebanon

(CNN) -- A rocket was fired into northern Israel from southern Lebanon, and the Israeli military responded with an artillery strike, a spokesman for the Israel Defense Forces said Friday.
The rocket landed near the town of Metula, and no damage or injuries have been reported.
The IDF spokesman said that Israel holds the Lebanese government responsible for the attack.
Two rockets were launched from the town of Mari in southern Lebanon, Lebanon's official news agency NNA says, while a third rocket failed to launch.

CNN

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Gaza? What makes you think I was using Gaza as an example?

Because this thread is about Gaza... So you went off topic intentionally?

originally posted by: VirusGuard
Tanks and fighter jets being used against people in a prison know as Gaza that can only use sticks and stones and home made fireworks to fight back is what you call a one sided war.

The kill ratio must be at 100 to one for Israel and the only word our media plays is "Peace" as if Israel wants peace when it is holding a gun to everyones head.

These rockets/missiles are far more than home made fireworks - I address this in a previous post in this thread, but you must have missed it. These missiles have between 5kg and 90kg of HIGH EXPLOSIVES in their warheads... See the picture I posted above of a car that was just hit yesterday. If you think these are just fireworks then I suppose you wouldn't mind if they were randomly fired toward your home? no bid deal right?

And FYI, Hamas does have guns - if Israel goes in on the ground they will be shot at. I didn't really see anything about it posted here on ATS, but Hamas sent a couple groups of commandos into Israel via the sea in an attempt to infiltrate a community next to Gaza and kill/kidnap it's residents. They were armed with guns... Thankfully they were stopped.
There is a public beach just north of Gaza with warning signs to let you know there could be snipers shooting at you if you get too close...
Snipers

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: FlyersFan

You dont seem to get it. Gaza is a prison for 2 million people. They are locked down. The completely innocent trapped in an area being.bombed indiscriminately. Hamas shoots off a few rinky dink rockets.that rarely ever hit anyone and are shot down if they head towards any populated areas. These are armed men that the palestinians cant oppose.and are forced.to allow them to imbed with them making the civilians targets. They.dont.have the sirens and.bunkers the israelis do.so.they are.waiting.to die.

The isrealis bombing to a far greater extent (in civilian areas -theyve already killed kids.in this.operation). Responding to little rockets with missiles and airstrikes is.a little excessive.

Especially when they used three Israeli teens murders as the premise. I mean they couldve been murdered by anyone. I thought.the 911 call from the abductee was a little suspect. He doesnt say they were abducted from hamas, then the captor speaks in hebrew with " possibly a slight (arabic?) Accent. Pretty weird.

Israel is in the wrong.

I'll say it again because everyone keeps ignoring it - EGYPT CONTROLS THE SOUTHERN BORDER OF GAZA - WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE AT EGYPT FOR MAINTAINING THIS "PRISON"??

Rinky dink rockets? See above... Just last year or the year before 3 people were killed by one of these rinky dink rockets.

Maybe if Hamas didn't spend $800+ each building 10k rockets ($8million+) they could have built shelters and air raid sirens. But then they wouldn't need them because Israel wouldn't be sending missiles their way. So even better, they could have used that money to improve the lives of the people they are supposed to represent. You know, that wonderful "Democratically elected government" everyone likes to talk about.

The murdered Israeli teen were not the premise for attacking Gaza - The teens were kidnapped, killed, and found in the West Bank. Israel only started hitting Gaza AFTER Hamas starting launching missiles into Israel. If that was the excuse to attack, then why not attack the West Bank? Because they are not launching rockets... kinda funny how that works.

There is so much WRONG information and some outright lies being posted on ATS. In another thread someone said that the Israeli teens killers were captured and turned out to be Israelis that committed the murder... WRONG! They must be confused with the Arab teen that was killed - his killers were Jewish, were arrested within a few days, and will be tried for that crime. And I wouldn't feel bad if the family homes of his killers had their homes demolished, as some have called for, in the same manner that Israel deals with Palestinian terrorists homes.

No doubt there are extremists on both sides, and even in every culture/country, but they should all be dealt with harshly. Unfortunately innocents are being hurt and killed, but Hamas is the major reason for this conflict.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

When Israel installed the Iron Dome system they were investing in a future of rocket attacks against Israel. That move showed with crystal clarity that Israel was expecting aggression.

Of course they installed the Iron Dome system expecting more aggression. You don't install any kind of defense system without expecting aggression at some point. If I was lobbing rockets into your back yard, you'd want something installed in defense for fear of continued aggression from me. It's a common sense move. What's your point?

Why would they expect aggression from the Palestinians that USED to have a nation of their own??

My guess would be because Hamas is an illegitimate terrorist orginazation.

And Hamas IS legit. As is Hezbollah. Sorry they do not fit with your draconian imperialistic views.

So you approve of government bodies ruled by terrorists? I find your acceptance of terrorist organizations disturbing.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
And the latest updates from this morning:

Soldier wounded by rocket fire now considered to be in 'serious condition'
(09:13 , 07.11.14)
Fire in Ashdod gas station extinguished; 3 wounded, 1 in critical condition
(09:07 , 07.11.14)

For those that are interested

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

what you're saying?

ground invasion is exactly what Israel is aiming from.

most of the people who know anything about the region and the geopolitical situation could tell that there will be ground invasion when the news about "missing teenagers" was first released in every news outlet in the world.

I'm sure they will say otherwise but their actions speaks louder than words - very LOUD.

and they didn't even investigate the case; just imprisoned, questioned, razed, clashed and killed with a goal of once more spreading the flame of hate and war.

Hamas reacted, exactly what they needed.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Because this thread is about Gaza... So you went off topic intentionally?

This thread is about Israel and Gaza and bringing up the history of Zionism and their barbaric acts which have allowed these atrocities to continue is not off topic. The Israeli/Palestine conflict didn't start yesterday. I like to get to the root of the problem, how about you?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join