It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights filmed in the sky, France

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
So. I rarely sleep, and also rarely share "UFO" videos on ATS. In fact, this is the first one that I found worthy of sharing. No description of location is given, nothing is said verbally in the video, and it was uploaded 7/7/2014. The channel has other UFO related videos, I haven't watched many of them as of yet.

Here's the video:

You can see a helicopter fly through, to my (tired) eyes it would seem the lights are farther away than the helicopter, but there isn't much of a real reference to size/location in regards to the lights.

This doesn't look like a reflection on a pane of glass, it doesn't scream "CGI !!!!", and the "formation" seems too tight for it to be someone with a bunch of RC helicopters...I did recently see a video about drones with the ability to fly in formation and react to each others movement, which is very possibly what we are observing...this can be seen beginning around the :30 mark of this video:

For some reason I feel like if there was something that large in the sky that we would see more videos posted. Of course if this did happen on 7/7, there is the possibility that there are other videos and we will see them surface in the next few days.

What do you think, ATS?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
CGI....Still nice though.

My motto for UFO videos:ALL UFO VIDEOS ARE FAKE.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

Looks like a fighter squadron in formation flying away from the camera and banking left.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

So you let a preconceived notion determine your opinion?

Its an interesting pattern and it has that classic angled flight manuever...

Flying Jellyfish?
French army?
Skydiving bankrobbers?

LOL Remember the way Batman extracts the guy in china in the dark knight?
edit on 8-7-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The thought of fighter jets flying in formation never even crossed my mind, which is strange as I spent some time living in the east side of the Phoenix Valley, at the foot of the Superstition Mountains. Anyone who lives in that area knows that you can look up at any time of the day or night and see all kinds of aircraft. I saw (on multiple occasions) B-52's performing some of the most insane banking turns, I never thought a plane so gigantic could turn like that!

I usually go into any UFO video/picture/story with an open but skeptical mind. I have a pretty good eye for editing, but it's becoming more and more difficult to discern the genuine shots from the attention seeking hoaxers.

I wish I could find the video.........If I recall correctly the guy who made the video was also giving a narrative, the video was to show just how easy it is for someone with the proper skill set to fool the average viewer by means of visual editing. The video featured a fighter jet crashing into a large building. I think the video was created to look just like a clip from a news cast with all the graphics and "live feed" across the bottom of the screen, and the level of realism was absolutely astounding!

I think you folks are correct. I think we are looking at a group of highly skilled pilots flying in formation. Might be a long shot, but does anyone have any information about Airshows going on in France on 7/7/14?

ETA: Found the video I mentioned, there is no narrative on this version, but it still poses the idea that "This could happen tomorrow" then "You would believe it, wouldn't you?"

edit on 7/8/2014 by ChaosComplex because: Found the video

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter
CGI....Still nice though.

My motto for UFO videos:ALL UFO VIDEOS ARE FAKE.

I'm just curious what brought you to the conclusion of CGI? Did you notice some tell-tale signs in the video?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Not CGI but air force training flight by the looks , very similar to the FACH passing out display that happens in Chili every year.

edit on 8-7-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Looks like a fighter squadron in formation flying away from the camera and banking left.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

Could be, but as someone who has been to many airshows, and seen groups of jets such as F-18's perform similar maneuvers, there is quite a bit of sound accompanying such, especially when turns are involved with nine jets - and I don't hear anything with this video.

Also, I don't think the air force would be performing such maneuvers so low over the city at night, and I have never heard of an air show held at night time.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE...there is quite a bit of sound accompanying such, especially when turns are involved with nine jets - and I don't hear anything with this video.

This is one of the first things I noticed after the suggestion that it may be planes in formation...

However the description given by member myselfaswell "flying away from the camera then banking left" would explain why the lights seem to fade out, as the glow of the jets would be much less visible as you approach a 90 degree viewing angle.

originally posted by: PlanetXisHEREAlso, I don't think the air force would be performing such maneuvers so low over the city at night, and I have never heard of an air show held at night time.

I came up with quite a few videos of night time air shows from a quick Google search. One example:

Obviously this last video doesn't show an Air Force squadron or similar military group, but now you've heard of an air show held at night time

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Could be, but as someone who has been to many airshows, and seen groups of jets such as F-18's perform similar maneuvers, there is quite a bit of sound accompanying such, especially when turns are involved with nine jets - and I don't hear anything with this video.

The're probably using single engine prop training aircraft.

edit on 8-7-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

If it was a formation of aircraft there would be one hell of a racket going on, especially since there was a period of hover at first. It's probably a drone dickeyed up. There will be a lot more of this type of displays to come.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Loks like a cluster of white type ufo orbs. Good footage. Only thing that points to fake is the dog barking. Why do they include dogs that bark?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Thats NOT CGI. ITs interesting, but i believe its Terrestial.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

If it was a formation of aircraft there would be one hell of a racket going on, especially since there was a period of hover at first.

There was no hover smurfy they were travelling toward the camera and like the video bellow you can't here them because of the distance from the observer plus they're not jets.

I have my doubts the OP video was shot in France but that's just a feeling.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: smurfy

If it was a formation of aircraft there would be one hell of a racket going on, especially since there was a period of hover at first.

There was no hover smurfy they were travelling toward the camera and like the video bellow you can't here them because of the distance from the observer plus they're not jets.

I wouldn't disagree with that, I've seen those other videos, and it could well be something similar, or the same again even, though I don't see much in the way of running lights.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
They are all shot in a similar manner:

youtube CGI

I assume that all UFO videos on YT and elsewhere are fakes...I'm an ex-believer.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Interesting... not the usual crappy video.

Feels true to life and perhaps unknown, perhaps perfectly explainable... odd none-the-less.

And to the "former believer" ... ummm, perhaps ignore Youtube videos and read the better old material on UFO's from the last century... some serious researchers did some serious research and some very odd things happened.

Basing any 'belief' on easily fabricated videos isn't very ...wise.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's still useful to keep in mind drones when you see videos like that, here's a parade of drones, (turn the fecking sound for this one)

(note the occasional use of orange lighting) easy to confuse with lanterns.

Below is a drone display purely for your entertainment, but again, bear in mind if there were only one or two drones behaving like this over your town. For the CGI buff here, no it's not CGI.

edit on 8-7-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex
The thought of fighter jets flying in formation never even crossed my mind, which is strange as I spent some time living in the east side of the Phoenix Valley, at the foot of the Superstition Mountains. Anyone who lives in that area knows that you can look up at any time of the day or night and see all kinds of aircraft. I saw (on multiple occasions) B-52's performing some of the most insane banking turns, I never thought a plane so gigantic could turn like that!

I usually go into any UFO video/picture/story with an open but skeptical mind. I have a pretty good eye for editing, but it's becoming more and more difficult to discern the genuine shots from the attention seeking hoaxers.

I wish I could find the video.........If I recall correctly the guy who made the video was also giving a narrative, the video was to show just how easy it is for someone with the proper skill set to fool the average viewer by means of visual editing. The video featured a fighter jet crashing into a large building. I think the video was created to look just like a clip from a news cast with all the graphics and "live feed" across the bottom of the screen, and the level of realism was absolutely astounding!

I think you folks are correct. I think we are looking at a group of highly skilled pilots flying in formation. Might be a long shot, but does anyone have any information about Airshows going on in France on 7/7/14?

ETA: Found the video I mentioned, there is no narrative on this version, but it still poses the idea that "This could happen tomorrow" then "You would believe it, wouldn't you?"

Exactly. Bump.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't think anyone could be entirely certain what it is we're looking at. But as it usually is with these videos, we're left with our assumptions. That said, I believe people are very resourceful and inventive, especially in the sport of making youtube videos that invokes interest and mystery, such as UFO vids. This could possibly be the motivation behind this.

By the looks of the flickering lights, I would guess this was lanters. And by the smooth movement when the lanterns travels away, it kind of looks like it's being dragged by something. So, I think it's a clever contraption wih lanterns suspended from it, dragged away by a drone. Think this also accounts for the lights hovering as well.

That's my guess

edit on 8/7/14 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join