It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SyFy Channel July 20, "ALIENS ON THE MOON: THE TRUTH EXPOSED"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
A: hey everyone, sorry to pull this back when it's been dead for a couple of days
and everything that can be said about it's overall worth has already been said...
but we watched it last night and while most of it was that same old trash,
there were a couple of items that continue to engage my interest.
one in particular, i would like help in locating if anyone can help:
the objects that have left trails.
I remember a few years ago there was a thread on them, and there was a lot more that the "documentary" skipped over in their haste to get to mummified orange women. Which is a shame because i seem to remember at least one of them being very very interesting.
i can't access my old account and i can't begin to think of what search terms to use, but maybe someone who's been here consistently might be able to point me in the right direction?
edit on 27-7-2014 by continuousThunder because: typographies

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: Asertus
Or so we are told.

No, IN FACT.
lroc.sese.asu.edu...

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder...., i would like help in locating if anyone can help:
the objects that have left trails.....

Well, the cover art here has one theory:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

I suppose I'm a moron but that went completely over my head. What theory?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

I suppose I'm a moron but that went completely over my head. What theory?

He was asking for theories for the objects that left trails across the moon. The standard view is rolling boulders or boulder clumps which disintegrate as they roll.

The book I showed suggests thick-footed aliens, I'm guessing. Aliens who dematerialize when the trails peter out.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Oh, I gotcha. Thank you sir.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

Oh, I gotcha. Thank you sir.

Thanks for asking, keep me coherent, advise me on how to make some of this unearthly stuff clearer.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Harte
The aliens have been on the Moon since the 1960's prepping for invasion?
WTF is taking them so long?

Their Kickstarter campaign is not going as well as planned.

Good one !!!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

A: Okay woah hang on a second
SHE didn't mention anything about theories of any kind, anywhere. On review of our post we realise the word "photographs" was not actually used, and that may have caused some confusion, but that's what we were chasing. At one point in the film, part of a shot was shown and the movement of items on the lunar surface was discussed [or mentioned at least]. One of us was present several years ago for a thread containing far more of that shot, parts of which were omitted from the film and stirred great interest. We are looking for that photograph. We can even sit through parts of the film to create screencaps if that will help in recognition/location. We do not expect this subject/circumstance to be taken entirely seriously but we would greatly appreciate if nominally serious scientists could make a brief attempt when casting responses to not throw reading comprehension out in favour of high-school level snark.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Is this rolling boulder more helpful?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Screencaps would help - there are lots of known locations of boulder trails, but if we're talking about something else then either a time into the film or images from the programme would be good.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: onebigmonkey

A: thank you! the shot i was talking about is around the 14:30 mark. in all they discuss the whole thing for less than a minute. Now that i've looked at it again i'm not ~100% certain~ that that is indeed the shot i am looking for... but hey i have to start looking somewhere right?
certainly the trail they focus on is very similar to the one i am hoping is nearby. it has a sort of -_-_-_-_-_-_- pattern to it.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Why do you say this;

Why do you think aliens would want or need to hide?

Keep in mind that the moon has no real atmosphere, aliens could have come here any time in the last several billion years and left a mark. Humans have only been around for like 100,000 years.

In other words, artifacts could have been left behind long before we even existed and the moon, because it has no weather, could perfectly preserve them.

It makes sense to look doesn't it? If nothing else than to say, 'we looked and there are no alien artifacts larger than XYZ size on the moon'

After you said this;

Well said Jim.

We're probably less than 30 years from 'first contact' and all this UFO / Aliens on the Moon / Pareidolia Rocks on Mars stuff just undermines the real search for life and intelligence in the universe. Kudos to you for pointing that out.

And;

This is exactly what Jim was referring to when he said that shows like this simply confuse the public about the REAL search for life in the universe.

These comments from you over several post do not tally. You're contradicting yourself.

When you say this;

In other words, artifacts could have been left behind long before we even existed and the moon, because it has no weather, could perfectly preserve them. It makes sense to look doesn't it?

Are you claiming that only official organisation and those with a government clearance / connections should be the only ones to search for such evidence of artifacts (either Human or otherwise) on the moon?

That anyone or any organisation outside of official circles discovering evidence, that you say could indeed be there on the moon, are to be ignored or disbelieved simply because they are not part of an official organisation?

That is incredibly ignorant IMO.

Many great discoveries, surprisingly and probably much to the chagrin of those professionals working in similar disciplines, which are officially sponsored or sanctioned, do indeed come from amateurs, part time researchers and garden shed experimenters...history is replete with examples of this.

In your field (i assume), Astronomy has many examples of amateurs using home made, or commercially available equipment, making significant discoveries ahead of professional astronomy outfits funded in the multi-millions, all of science in fact has many examples of this happening.

If we were to follow the logic that only professional and or government programmes should be acknowledged and the 'quack amateurs' should be largely ignored...we'd be missing out on a lot.

It's not such a stretch of the imagination, especially since what you have said about the possibilities traces may be still in evidence on the moon, to suggest that amateurs could make headway and obtain scientifically important results in the search for evidence of previous technology (from whatever source, not necessarily ET in origin) that might have once existed on the moon and other planets in our system, ahead of the professionals.

Yet according to you, a discovery from those non-professional researchers ought to be taken with a pinch of salt because they will somehow 'confuse the public', so the professionals can 'officially' discovery the same things being proposed as evident by the amateurs?

Blimey, arrogance on an entirely new level.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

OK the image that the trail (the first large one at least) is from is this one

www.lpi.usra.edu...

You can get a very high resolution version here

astrogeology.usgs.gov...

I've outlined where it is in red on here

Here is the trail viewed from the LRO.

It's in the centre of Vitello crater if you care to look for yourself.

There are lots of these trails in many locations recorded by all manner of probes and also from orbit and on the ground by Apollo astronauts - they were known about in advance of landing at Taurus-Littrow, and photos of those trails were published in National Geographic.

Boulders rolling when dislodged on a slope is a much less interesting story than 'Aliens did it'.

In Jim's defence, that book cover also featured in the program shortly after that trail was shown!

e2a: and here's where the boulder came from:

although technically that could just be where it started rolling after landing from being dislodged somewhere else.
edit on 28-7-2014 by onebigmonkey because: extra link and info

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
For more info, here is a photograph I just took of my copy of "The moon as viewed by lunar orbiter" (1970), which has that boulder trail in it.

Moonquakes is their preferred explanation

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: onebigmonkey

A: thank you so much, that's really cool! So it turns out the particular moon item i'm looking for isn't in that shot, but hey, it was worth a try! and i got to scroll around looking at some nice boulders.
I guess there's nothing for it, i'm going to have to put on my spelunking hat and descend into the archive when i have a week to spare, see if i can find the original thread that i've been talking about.
The actual thing, when i eventually find it, is very striking. There's certainly only one of it, regardless of what caused it. Where the boulder in the photos you've linked is just a single piece with a single uniform light source/reflection/shape, the one i'm remembering is much more complex. Whether it's a whole bunch of rocks somehow piled together and looking very striking or whether it's an actual moon machine who can say [it's almost certainly the former], what matters is that it's impressive and my girlfriend wants to see it!
Unfortunately since it's about the same size as all the other objects with trails and it doesn't seem to have excited people who make television as much as downed fuselages [pfffft] it seems like my work will be cut out for me finding it again.
oh well. all great works, etc.
thank you again for helping

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No problem - I like tracking down stuff like that

I've found it's quite common for the people who make these 'documentaries' to make claims about a photograph being hidden, or secret, or that they discovered something, but if you look back in time the photographs and the features in them are already well known - like a boulder trail identified nearly 50 years ago! Anyone claiming that such things have been hidden forgets about actual books like the two I have from the 70s full of lunar orbiter images.

My take on it is that the universe is pretty damned amazing as it is - it doesn't need any fairy dust sprinkling on it

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Of course you all know that the Moon rocks have disappeared... or have been replaced with just plain old rocks.
What resistance? What assimilation? Just follow the Moon!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey
For more info, here is a photograph I just took of my copy of "The moon as viewed by lunar orbiter" (1970), which has that boulder trail in it. Moonquakes is their preferred explanation

I think they're probably right that a moonquake of some kind, possibly caused by a nearby meteorite impact, could have been the trigger to set the boulder rolling. The trail itself, though, is kind of misleading because all we're seeing is variations in the albedo, and it's hard to see the true slope of the territory. My supposition is that it's all downhill, but the variations in light and dark make it seem like it's not. The eye is easily tricked. Anyway, the LRO has some good images of the crater Vitello, and there's a lot of rock rolling going on there.

edit on 29-7-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hi, moon fans.

!
I can't believe nobody talked about
"Ingo Swann" and his book
PENETRATION
!

The man told how it was on Venus BEFORE any satellite came close to it !!

So, Ingo being 13 years in the same job, is a good reference !!

Blue skies.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join