It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SyFy Channel July 20, "ALIENS ON THE MOON: THE TRUTH EXPOSED"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Here's NBC's review of the show: www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
Here's NBC's review of the show: www.nbcnews.com...

From the short video in the review as most of us predicted it's going to be one lunar fiasco that'll leave a crater in all of the minds that are persuaded that what is going to be presented for 2 hours was worth the effort. To me, the show is just another dumbing of America and I hope that no politician worth his position is going to be convinced that any action which necessitates tax payer's money to continue the farce will be approved.

I think that the worst moment in that short video was Edgar Mitchell showing his logical mind no loneger exists when he said: "I have no doubt that extraterrestrials could very well have populated or made structures on the far side of the moon."

What happened to this aerospace hero? If I interviewed him and asked him forthright what evidence he can produce to back his statement he just couldn't come up with a plausible answer. Unless he doeshave an answer!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uggielicious

Oh, man, it's going to be such a sucky show it's going to take great mental strength to actually see it without being fitted for a straight jacket so that I can't access the VCR's remote control to interrupt the tape and just break down and cry!

Be sure to set up the safety screen like in 'Blues Brothers' C&W bar gig scene, in front of the TV so you don't damage it throwing things in its direction.

I was going to edit my reply 'cause I forgot to add the following so I'll do it here 'cause it might interest you also. I played the short video a few times and then I added the facility of being able to see certain scenes in 3D, with real depth.

Take a pair of sunglasses and knock out one of the lenses, which one will be your choice. But I knocked out the right side of mine because my right eye has a lens implant and the view to the eye is brighter and the colors are pure, not dulled by normal eye lens.

Since the show is going to be quite a bore, you can wear the 1/2 sunglasses thru the whole 2 hours or record the program and then go to the sections where you'll see the view in 3D.

Practice with the short video Jim supplied the link to (NBC review). Look with the partial sunglasses at 1:09, 1:45, 2:05, 2:59, 3:16, 3:38. You may get curious views from those in your vicinity when they see you wearing sunglasses with only one lens, the don't know what they're missing.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Oh, man, it's going to be such a sucky show it's going to take great mental strength to actually see it without being fitted for a straight jacket so that I can't access the VCR's remote control to interrupt the tape and just break down and cry!

Be sure to set up the safety screen like in 'Blues Brothers' C&W bar gig scene, in front of the TV so you don't damage it throwing things in its direction.

I've warned Linda to go visit her sister and when she returns not to startle me!

I was going to edit my reply 'cause I forgot to add the following so I'll do it here 'cause it might interest you also. I played the short video a few times and then I added the facility of being able to see certain scenes in 3D, with real depth.

Take a pair of sunglasses and knock out one of the lenses, which one will be your choice. But I knocked out the right side of mine because my right eye has a lens implant and the view to the eye is brighter and the colors are pure, not dulled by normal eye lens.

Since the show is going to be quite a bore, you can wear the 1/2 sunglasses thru the whole 2 hours or record the program and then go to the sections where you'll see the view in 3D.

Practice with the short video Jim supplied the link to (NBC review). Look with the partial sunglasses at 1:09, 1:45, 2:05, 2:59, 3:16, 3:38. You may get curious views from those in your vicinity when they see you wearing sunglasses with only one lens, the don't know what they're missing.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: parad0x122
a reply to: JimOberg

What do you think Jim, any truth to what they're claiming?

Someday it will become true, on some world out there, or between them. A thousand previous false alarms will be swept away and forgotten.

NBC News' space analyst, James Oberg, worries that UFO-centric interpretations and claims about coverups go unchallenged on the show. "I am appalled by the lack of any concern for verification of eyewitness claims," he said in an email. "The producers don't want to know contrary views, they act as if they want to not know such views."

He said that UFO documentaries could end up holding back the honest-to-goodness search for alien life if they put too much emphasis on funny pixels from decades-old pictures, or give too much credence to twisted tales from questionable sources.

"Someday our space explorers — human or surrogate — likely will come across something of non-natural, non-human origin in space," Oberg said. "By making the concept the subject, in this case, of well-deserved ridicule, it is part of the problem, not part of the solution, to the challenge of detection and recognition of traces of extraterrestrial intelligence."

Well said Jim.

We're probably less than 30 years from 'first contact' and all this UFO / Aliens on the Moon / Pareidolia Rocks on Mars stuff just undermines the real search for life and intelligence in the universe. Kudos to you for pointing that out.
edit on 19-7-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: br0ker
Accidental double post. Making use of it by saying:

Could this documentary be why NASA came out with their alien life news today? Trying to play offence instead of defence?

Absolutely not.

This is exactly what Jim was referring to when he said that shows like this simply confuse the public about the REAL search for life in the universe.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
Since one of NASA's greatest friends has authored this thread, i'd say that is a very distinct possibility, but as always, i'll remain open minded.

Friend of space exploration, fer shoor. friend of NASA, not so much.

Here's how to find the official NASA press release where they called me 'wacko' for questioning their safety and reliability:

www.jamesoberg.com...

That's what I like about you Jim. You are truly independent.

I would like to know whether you have been in touch with Dr. Paul Davies about his proposal to crowdsource a search through LRO imagery for potential alien artifacts?

SETI to Scour the Moon for Alien Footprints? - Discovery News
edit on 19-7-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emache

originally posted by: Armadall
If something like this was to be produced by Nat Geo or History it would be pretty neat, however as it is Syfy I will certainly be watching this simply for the entertainment value. That being said however any chance to see legit Apollo footage is always good.

This is how I approach programmes like this: bit of fluffy entertainment that you can't take too seriously.

It might be a difficult thing for some people, but stuff like this isn't actually aimed at the ufo connoisseur; it's more for people who find aliens and ufos cool and interesting, but aren't worried about getting to the truth. It's just something to zone out to and a bit of escapism.

Then they should just create a sci-fi show. You know that's what people used to do with obvious fiction.

There is a real search for potential alien artifacts in our and other solar systems but you will hear no mention of it on this show because shows like this already have all the answers (and no evidence to support them).

So it undermines the real searches because why should the public spend money to look for real aliens when shows like this 'prove' they were already found on the moon. (which they weren't)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

I would like to know whether you have been in touch with Dr. Paul Davies about his proposal to crowdsource a search through LRO imagery for potential alien artifacts?

I have not but it strikes me as an excellent idea -- human pattern recognition wetware is vastly superior to AI approaches although it does tend to false positives, which is not a problem -- you then swarm the candidate.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ufo footage today either pic or vid
is like a bad pronmovie, shaky with
images of armpits and the roof...

Thats why NO ONE trusts them...

As i said, me, i would rather belive
a situation with MULTIPLE sources
totaly UNRELATED than 1000 YT
clips...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I have not but it strikes me as an excellent idea -- human pattern recognition wetware is vastly superior to AI approaches although it does tend to false positives, which is not a problem -- you then swarm the candidate.

People complain about the fuzzy photos that are used for claims of alien structures, etc. The truth is the photography from the Apollo missions stands up to scrutiny at a good magnification. The astronauts were supplied with high quality cameras and lenses (Hasselblads, etc.) and the details in their photos are more than sufficient to show anything out of the ordinary, which they don't.

Besides, what gives humans the testicles to state that if aliens exist and they're habitating on the moon that they're stupid enough to create surface structures that would be recognizable by humans? Especially IF they exist, aliens would know that telescopes are constantly scanning the surface and if they are on the side facing away from earth they'd be aware of the manned and unmanned orbiters that were sent there and still are.

I don't think that Dr. Paul Davies will come up with anything that will be successful in human pattern recognition because alien means just that, alien!

With the above in mind, it cannot be denied that UFOs have been filmed fleeting above the moon with some footage showing what look like recognition lights as a white "orb" approached a crater. Film by NASA.

edit on 19-7-2014 by Uggielicious because: To correct grammar.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
So here we are july 20th , tonight's the night ^^^ let's hope they have good footage this time

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

This video only contains what appears to be some raw Apollo 11 footage without any commentary. Does look like a base of some kind.

At about 20.14 I think this is very convincing of something not natural I need to watch the whole thing!

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

What was it, what the hell was it? That's all I want to know....
These. . . (garbled) . . .babies were huge, sir, they were enormous....

Whew HUGE babies on the Moon!

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

With the above in mind, it cannot be denied that UFOs have been filmed fleeting above the moon with some footage showing what look like recognition lights as a white "orb" approached a crater. Film by NASA.

Have you read the NASA 1971-era 'moon pigeon' report? There's a copy on my UFO page, it is required reading for anyone posing as a commenter on the subject who deserves attention. Read it and then consider whether you want to modify your sentence.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

People complain about the fuzzy photos that are used for claims of alien structures, etc. The truth is the photography from the Apollo missions stands up to scrutiny at a good magnification. The astronauts were supplied with high quality cameras and lenses (Hasselblads, etc.) and the details in their photos are more than sufficient to show anything out of the ordinary, which they don't.

Besides, what gives humans the testicles to state that if aliens exist and they're habitating on the moon that they're stupid enough to create surface structures that would be recognizable by humans? Especially IF they exist, aliens would know that telescopes are constantly scanning the surface and if they are on the side facing away from earth they'd be aware of the manned and unmanned orbiters that were sent there and still are.

Why do you think aliens would want or need to hide?

Keep in mind that the moon has no real atmosphere, aliens could have come here any time in the last several billion years and left a mark.

Humans have only been around for like 100,000 years.

In other words, artifacts could have been left behind long before we even existed and the moon, because it has no weather, could perfectly preserve them.

It makes sense to look doesn't it? If nothing else than to say, 'we looked and there are no alien artifacts larger than XYZ size on the moon'

I don't think that Dr. Paul Davies will come up with anything that will be successful in human pattern recognition because alien means just that, alien!

In science a null result is just as good as finding something new.

And human pattern recognition could find something alien even if it looked like nothing on earth PRECISELY because it is alien.

Look, no one knows what alien artifacts would look like but most would suspect that they would not look exactly like a hill, a crater shadow, a valley or other natural geology.

The only people who don't want to search for real answers are those who prefer fables of moon bases with aliens flitting about the moon.

I'm all for the truth. Either such stories are real and there would be physical evidence which can be examined in lunar imagery or they are fables and should be put in the trash bin with "Canals on Mars" and "Venusian Women" and the like.
edit on 20-7-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
There are a number of write-ups over the last few decades of bogus stories, many of which reappear vampire-like in this show. You will recognize them in several chapters of my 1982 book "UFOs and Outer Space Mysteries", especially "Myths and Mysteries of the Moon" Chapter 4. www.jamesoberg.com... (large PDF - 7mb)

It addresses centuries of stories: Gruithuisen's 'Moon City' (1823), NY Sun's moon men (1835), the vanishing crater Linné, psychic predictions of the moon's hidden side, the vanishing "Soviet Mountains" of the Luna-3 images (1959), towering moon spires ("Blair Cuspids"), Joseph Goodavage's articles (1970's), Apollo-16 moonwalkers buzzed by UFOs, "Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon" by Don Wilson (1975) including Gordon Cooper's Mercury-9 UFO report and the moon's hollowness [based on a satirical prank Soviet story by Vasin and Shcherbakov], George Leonard's "Somebody Else is on the Moon" (1976), William Kaysing's 'Apollo hoax' theory, the books of Morris Jessup, and others.

In greater detail re the first moon landing, The Apollo-11 UFO Incidents , Chapter 3
www.debunker.com...
It identifies grocery store tabloid that fabricated the Apollo-11 “aliens lined up on the crater rim” hoax

Two particular testimonials I found unworthy of belief, with explanation of my reasons.
Debunking vito saccheri’s story
www.jamesoberg.com...

Also, Donna Tietze Hare (claimed witness to photo alteration)
www.jamesoberg.com...
Pay special attention to all the NEW stuff she has suddenly remembered for this show, thirty years later. I don’t recall her ever describing lunar photo forgeries before this interview.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: br0ker
Accidental double post. Making use of it by saying:

Could this documentary be why NASA came out with their alien life news today? Trying to play offence instead of defence?

Absolutely not.

This is exactly what Jim was referring to when he said that shows like this simply confuse the public about the REAL search for life in the universe.

How can people be confused about an issue that really doesn't touch anyone outside the small circle (individuals, scientists) that thinks that a search for life outside of earth is worth the effort and the waste of taxpayers' dollars in the U.S. and other countries? The only life we could identify has to resemble humans otherwise we wouldn't know what that life would be like. It's a foolish quest. And never mind the Drake Equation where he starts with zero and ends in zero.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: kwakakev

This video only contains what appears to be some raw Apollo 11 footage without any commentary. Does look like a base of some kind.

At about 20.14 I think this is very convincing of something not natural I need to watch the whole thing!

What is it that you see that doesn't look natural as that is all I see! Walson's videos are not even good enough to show what can be seen in high def photos of the same areas. He freaks out every time he sees something he thinks is not natural when all he has to do is search the Internet for, again, hi def photos.

Walson is not worth the effort needed to look at his boring videos.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Have you read the NASA 1971-era 'moon pigeon' report? There's a copy on my UFO page, it is required reading for anyone posing as a commenter on the subject who deserves attention. Read it and then consider whether you want to modify your sentence.

I have no desire to modify anything. The "moon pigeon" explanation is as silly as it gets and is an insult to intelligence. By using it as a source you're implying that all films, now videos, show "moon pigeons" just like NASA space footage shows UFOs but only the debris, ice particles explanation have validity.

I comment on what I see and the footage, in a particular case, has no earthly explanation, it stands on its own. I could show you the footage I'm referring to in slow motion and frame-by-frame and if you really think that it can be explained as "moon pigeon" then I would have no hope for you in breaking away from what seems to be a hard-line view that UFOs, whatever they are, do not exist. You, Mr. Oberg are in the minority along with die-hard skeptics such as Robert Sheaffer.

At least Phil Klass told me once that all he needed was the evidence for which he had an open mind.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join