It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SyFy Channel July 20, "ALIENS ON THE MOON: THE TRUTH EXPOSED"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
If something like this was to be produced by Nat Geo or History it would be pretty neat, however as it is Syfy I will certainly be watching this simply for the entertainment value. That being said however any chance to see legit Apollo footage is always good.

Also, I sincerely hope that once it has aired Phage takes a copy of it and narrates over it all, debunking and giving commentary as he goes. Now THAT would surely be entertainment!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
this sounds like a fun show to watch..what i always wonder though is can't amateur astronomers look in some of these location. I have a nice set of binoculars that can see the moon pretty darn good that didn't cost me much. Id imagine a telescope could zoom in pretty close. I know there are some great youtube videos of objects moving around the moon and plumes of light. This to me seems like something we can solve and with the soon to be civilian space flights...id imagine we are going to get some interesting stories coming out soon.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Using my special psychic abilities which can be confused with common sense, I can tell you a few things:

1. CGI effects will be extremely easy to identify as the SyFy Channel makes the worst CGI effects.

2. Nothing but "what if?" and "could it be possible?" regurgitation spewage will be the highlight of the program with a possible bonus of the almighty money maker "Inconclusive" outcome .

The reason I say this is because reality is not as saucy as imagination when it comes to television programs. In addition I doubt that any major and possibly the most significant up to now historical breaking news will be kept under wrap and revealed solely on the release date of a documentary.

If they had something truly worth while to reveal they would have the worlds worst marketing team to not capitalize on it and plaster it all over the MSM media or online community with a message:

Here is the proof of Aliens watch us on such and such a date and time and will will provide additional information and findings about this momentous moment . Who in there right mind will be more interested on the Monday night game or their Facebook status than to watch such an event of such historical importance. As soon as they released the proof everyone will be talking about it and demanding more information.

With that said I'm sure it will entertaining but I hope no one expects anything of value to be exposed, especially when they use the THE TRUTH EXPOSED.
edit on 33731America/ChicagoTue, 08 Jul 2014 09:33:07 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Let's play a game

Pick the time into the show that they start the segment on Roswell.

I'm going with 6:20

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Lets make it a drinking game. Each time a

"what if" : take a shot
"Could this be possible " : take a shot
"blurry picture is displayed" : take a shot
"one of the ancient alien cast is displayed" : take a shot
"out of context quotes" : take a shot

"inconclusive results" : drink the bottle.

But if we did that its most likely that we will never make it to the 6:20 mark so I go with 3:24.

edit on 41731America/ChicagoTue, 08 Jul 2014 09:41:44 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: TXRabbit

Lets make it a drinking game. Each time a

"what if" : take a shot
"Could this be possible " : take a shot
"blurry picture is displayed" : take a shot
"one of the ancient alien cast is displayed" : take a shot
"out of context quotes" : take a shot

"inconclusive results" : drink the bottle.

But if we did that its most likely that we will never make it to the 6:20 mark so I go with 3:24.

And everytime they shift crew or scene,
they HAVE to repeat the whole scene
before....
And onece they come like half thrue..
I´ll change the channel....

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

What do you think Jim, any truth to what they're claiming?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: MystikMushroom

If there's anything on the moon we don't know about, it isn't "alien" but human in nature.

Not that I disagree...but how can you be so sure as you seem to be ?

You got inside info ?

Inside information? No, not really -- call it a gut feeling. The ancient vedic texts refer to a battle on the Moon, and I seriously doubt that the Apollo missions were all that we did in regards to Moon exploration.

It's more fun to imagine space aliens, and a far better cover story as well.
edit on 8-7-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Disclaimer:
I think Phage makes intelligent debates on most things. so this is in a light-hearted manner;

I can see Phage watching this while sitting in his Lazy Boy in his boxers, drinking a cold beer, all while screaming: "IT'S JUST A GD ROCK!!!" lol

But seriously, thanks for this. I might've missed it. I'm always curious to see new things about the moon, as I believe there to be an alien presence there.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Here is WHY you will NEVER learn anything from SyFy or History Channel or any other cable channel for that matter with regards to secret information or aliens or whatever......

SyFy is owned by NBC.

NBC is owned by General Electric.

General Electric does business with the following (partial list from militaryindustrialcomplex.com):
US Army
US Navy/Marines
US Air Force
Defense Logistics Agency
SOCOM
Transportation Command
DARPA
Missile Defense Agency
Defense Information Systems
Defense Finance and Accounting
Defense Commissary Agency
Defense Media Agency
Defense Threat Reduction Agency

This is just a partial list of who GE does business with. It does not list the CIA, FBI, NSA or the other classified business it does with the US Government. GE also does business with several other allied governments as well. What I am getting at is this. Most of the media is owned by very large corporations and these corporations rely on the government/military/black project contracts they get for a nice chunk of money they get annually. The money they receive comes from my (and your) taxes. There is no way that any of these corporate giants will publish anything substantial to the public. The government will not allow it to happen. Sorry to rain on the parade but if you look at who owns all these channels we watch and what other business they do with the US Government it is quite clear that the lid is not coming off anything anytime soon. I enjoy watching anyway BUT the truth is and will stay buried based on who owns what. IMO.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
As opposed to one of their wonderful movies?

I'm looking forward to Lunar Sharknado III: Sharkey's Revenge. It completes the trilogy.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Please don't give 'em any ideas...
edit on 7/8/2014 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: parad0x122
a reply to: JimOberg

What do you think Jim, any truth to what they're claiming?

Someday it will become true, on some world out there, or between them. A thousand previous false alarms will be swept away and forgotten.

But this new version seems a basic retread of long-rotted-out misunderstandings and confabulations and deliberate distorions -- of course, I shouldn't judge until I've seen it. [grin]

If it helps sharpen the recognition criteria for future perceptual puzzles, it will be useful. If in its transparent bogusity it desensitizes people to 'next times', it's unhelpful.

IMHO.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Armadall
If something like this was to be produced by Nat Geo or History it would be pretty neat, however as it is Syfy I will certainly be watching this simply for the entertainment value. That being said however any chance to see legit Apollo footage is always good.

This is how I approach programmes like this: bit of fluffy entertainment that you can't take too seriously.

It might be a difficult thing for some people, but stuff like this isn't actually aimed at the ufo connoisseur; it's more for people who find aliens and ufos cool and interesting, but aren't worried about getting to the truth. It's just something to zone out to and a bit of escapism.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

I wonder about buzz....he seems to lead interviews right up to aliens/ufos then falls back to some canned response when pressed for a definitive yes/no.

NDA or old hero tryin to get paid?

I guess you can dissect anything and make it fit into what you want to believe. The same as creating UFO conspiracies where there are none because you have to in order to keep this alive.

If you watch any complete interview with Buzz Aldrin about this "UFO" incident, you'll see him making a point that he's frequently misquoted and wants to set the record straight. Unfortunately, as this program shows, it doesn't work.

The weak-minded and naive will have a field day with this program. It will bring out more misinformed people to this board and elsewhere while continuing to drag this phenomena through the gutter.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BugOut
Here is WHY you will NEVER learn anything from SyFy or History Channel or any other cable channel for that matter with regards to secret information or aliens or whatever......

SyFy is owned by NBC.

NBC is owned by General Electric......

Are you sure?

I thought GE had sold out to Comcast.

Is this an Emily Litella moment?

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8-7-2014 by JimOberg because: add link

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emache
It might be a difficult thing for some people, but stuff like this isn't actually aimed at the ufo connoisseur; it's more for people who find aliens and ufos cool and interesting, but aren't worried about getting to the truth. It's just something to zone out to and a bit of escapism.

I've often thought much the same, with this twist. The programs are designed to attract advertisers who are told their commercials will be much more cost-effective since the show is designed to attract viewers mentally attuned to believing anything, even the most preposterous claims, that they are shown.
edit on 8-7-2014 by JimOberg because: typos

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

I wonder about buzz....he seems to lead interviews right up to aliens/ufos then falls back to some canned response when pressed for a definitive yes/no.

NDA or old hero tryin to get paid?

If you watch any complete interview with Buzz Aldrin about this "UFO" incident, you'll see him making a point that he's frequently misquoted and wants to set the record straight. Unfortunately, as this program shows, it doesn't work.

Agreed. Here's where he tried to explain it.

www.csicop.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Could this be the disclosure that we been waiting for?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: The only 1 who knows the

Not even remotely.

It will be, in all likelihood, useless fluff. Utterly meaningless. though the pictures of the moon landings should be good...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join