It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

suicide and demons

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: chasingbrahman

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: w810i
Perhaps he might confront this "black mass" to realise its not real...

Take a swing at it... and watch it go "Poof!"

I would not do that if it was me. Provoking any negative spirit is not smart. I have seen people who curse and attempt to "bully" the spirit and this gives it a reason to respond.

Do NOT think a spirit can NOT manifest itself IF all the requirements are met. They can grab you and do awful things to you and some can make you hurt yourself.

I don't know about that. I've taken a run at these things on two occasions and they simply disappear when I'm on top of them. I don't think they like the fearlessness involved in confronting them. They feed off fear and a big salty attitude toward them seems to scare them away.

Wait until you meet one with some balls. Those less powerful ones are easy to take down try taking on the stronger ones and you will be in a world of hurt. Try battling with the "old ones" and get with me. One comes to mind.........Baal.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: w810i
I asked him what it looked like and he showed me a tattoo of the grim reaper and told me it looked exactly like that. It hung there in his face sneering at him.

Was it his tattoo? If so ... why would he get a tattoo of a supernatural being that was supposedly haunting him??? I'm confused ....

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well .. I"m a Christian with a degree in psychology. I know that there are real evil spirits (i've encountered them) and I know that people have real mental health issues as well. Gotta rule out the mental health issues before you can say it's an evil spirit issue.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Wow, we agree on something? hell just froze over and i owe the devil a beer.

I'm thinking mental illness, and I'm thinking that he needs to get the police involved. of the op is a true friend he would make sure to get his friend checked out.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Well .. I"m a Christian with a degree in psychology. I know that there are real evil spirits (i've encountered them) and I know that people have real mental health issues as well. Gotta rule out the mental health issues before you can say it's an evil spirit issue.

You are so right. To many movies about evil spirits which makes people think scary stuff when in reality a magic pill takes care of the problem. Not all the time. I wished that lady who cooked her child in the oven because she thought it was possessed had first taken that magic pill. Maybe her child would be alive today!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I can't speak with certainty as to what may be haunting or bothering your friend. So this will be speculation but from experience with entities and working with demons.

When I saw the grim reaper it was very detailed and intense. He looked at me in the mirror and warned me with great force, " If you don't stop, you will die" I took his advice and am thankful he put the scare in me. My suspicion with your friend is that he has let in something and it and he may be feeding off each other in various ways. It might not be demonic, but a shape shifter entity that feeds off his life force. Possibly its a shadow person or other entity that has been around him since he was young.

Haven't read through this whole thread but sounds like he needs to face whatever it is. Also needs to put up stronger defenses.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Sounds like he has a few mental issues and is hallucinating. Tell him to go to a doctor right away.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Was it his tattoo?

that's what i was wondering..
this is probably where the internal & the external are going to meet?
drawing (somewhat) from both schools of though- the thing becomes a construct of his own making

the OP mentioned past trauma in the friends life; sun-encoding (father issues)
it's a long walk but psycho-ma-logically that can be traced back to the authority figure (usually the father)
at some point you might find that grim reaper encodes all that dark past (so to speak)

i often wonder why people opt to tattoo various sigils etc onto themselves, but mainly i'm wondering if your friend has a grim reaper tattoo? ..i've got a friend like that.. my 'friend' still chooses to listen to deicide, etc.. how's your friend roll?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Good for you in dealing with an unpleasant situation. I've dealt with similar circumstances.

I'm with the people who say try standard metal health practices, right away, before he hurts himself or others... but I also know there's something to "spirits."

However, we know little about spirits ... which is debatable, as some people are sure they know everything about them... but that intangible quality of "spirit" is exactly the problem... who's right and why? How can you measure and if something works, why does it? At least we know what works with medical science.

However, the self empowerment, happy thoughts and realizing you are ultimately in control seems to help fight bad occult forces... whatever they really are. Positive thinking can help with bad brain chems, too. But outside help is recommended. It is amazing how different life can seem with the correct amount of dopamine in one's brain. Whether or not we are mind and body that exist separately, chemicals in the brain certainly influence how we experience this world.

As far as spirits are concerned, I bet that we will soon be categorizing and sub-categorizing these energy creatures (that might include us without our bodies) and we will be giving them Latin names. Some of them sure seem like predators and they sure seem to gobble up bad emotions.

Until we understand that unseen world better, filling one's head with possibly wrong info isn't a good idea, especially with someone who's in crisis and has a flimsy grasp on reality (another debatable point is what is really real? But that's not helpful, at all, to someone in mental crisis).

And... even though there likely is an afterlife of some sort, a very common meme is the lost soul who's miserable and lost due to suicide. It seems we are here for whatever duration (and it might be assigned us, and taking shortcuts is frowned upon from whatever upper management or natural law exists). Death might be unpleasant... we're going to find out anyway... why rush it? Ending it yourself seems to ensure an unpleasant experience.

We all die eventually, and one neat thing about physical existence is its changeability... as in tomorrow might be better... so why not ride it out and see? Besides, suicide hurts others besides oneself... even if it's only the poor soul who finds the body... but people that depressed are usually just experiencing an imbalance of brain chems... and even IF spirits feed off that, cause that, help cause it, or whatever, it can be cured by medication, talk therapy, love and then, if all else fails, a competent shaman.

Well being really is a state of mind and it can be changed.
edit on 7/8/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

This black mass is most likely a demon i dont believe it would want him to kill himself before he was well in his grasp or possesed by said demon. That is of course if he does not suffer from halucinatory states or a tumor on or in his occipital lobe...
I find myself leaning toward this as a typical getting to know you stage where a doorway has been opened by the individual it is causing the dread and torment leading him to dispair and great depression like a dementor from harry potter if you will...
it wants for your friend to accept him and will confound him if he should dare do so... If this is the case he can only seek refuge in the lord...
Although this could be dangerous for you... if you are ever in the presence of your friend and he seems even more distant than normal and his facial features appear tight an odd twist to his mouth perhaps you may be able to tricking the demon into giving you its name which would proove most useful to an exorcist...
Know that this would bring you under attack however i would not be truthful if i did not tell you may be already...
Try if you dare by complimenting him than if you get a response say something like not my friend i know you are not him his presence does not have your power... than ask who he is... you may be shocked at the boast you hear if a name is mentioned do your best to remember it and excuse yourslf proper...
seek out a jesuit order near you...
edit on 8-7-2014 by 5StarOracle because: spell

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I got on this forum because I have been having some weird coincidences happening and I was looking to see if by chance someone else was having similar occurrences. I saw this thread and feel like I should add to it. I don't have a lot of help or ideas, but stories connecting are worth something I think. And hopefully they can be to someone despite the onslaught of people who like to come on to these forums they are not remotely interested in just to insult those who are.

In the last two weeks, I have known three people who have committed suicide, and two others who have died in the last two months or so very suddenly without hardly any warning. Then this afternoon, I was talking to my best friend. She has severe health problems that make death a not too infrequent thought. We were talking about how many people had died recently and she said death didn't sound all that bad but that dying in this manner would make things more difficult in whatever came after and that she didn't know what claimed them but then added in a separate text he who goes by many names.

To back track a little, but for possibly relating information, about a year ago, my boyfriend and I made a road trip to another state to introduce him to my family. When we met my sister's husband, he introduced himself as John, (his name is James,) and then corrected, saying he was sorry, he was one who goes by many names. And out entire trip he had a large black cloud that followed him, one of those things you could see but when you try to look directly into it your eyes have a hard time focusing on it.

So I asked my friend why she chose those words. She told me she had a strange dream the other night. A thing with no face, just shrouded in shadows was sitting on a throne of buffalo bones and calling to her. She heard a humming noise all around and the thing told her that all roads end here and this was a crossroad. In the background she could make out silhouettes behind a wall of obscured green glass, like the kind they make beer bottles out of, and once she made this out the humming turned to muffled screams and moans. He reminded her that she had made a promise to herself that she would end it before her health issues got this bad. (She has a child now, and has chosen not to do that to her child.) He told her that she was running out of time and reached his hand out to her. She said she cringed away could see the pain the people were in more clearly but even through that she felt that suicide was a good idea.

So I came here, and found this. On the chance that anyone else has anything to add along these lines, I needed to share it. And to let you know, I don't know what it is or what to do with it, but you aren't entirely alone in the strangeness of your situation.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
He's being oppressed. He needs an excorsist ASAP.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Suicide is never a good idea. Our lives are not our own. If it was I would have picked and easier road and a better body that's for sure.. I was in a bad place some six years ago.. I'd expound on it but I'd violate some T C laws here on ATS.. First get them medical, psychological help.. If that fails then I'd go spiritual.. I say this because slight chemical difference in the brain can wreak havoc on your thought process..

Medical because it could be drug related.. A lot of people can hide this issue even from best friends.. If you get a good shrink (there are some) they will know if it's more and won't push the drug regime..

Suicide is too permanent of an answer to a temporary problem. Remember, times and seasons. It can't always be Summer..

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ashelynasher

watch this...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

edit on 9-7-2014 by kevinp2300 because: double post

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: wrkn4livn

I had to go look that up, although I found several things on spirit oppression, this kind of caught my eye.

Oppression comes in many forms, voices telling you to kill yourself or your loved ones, telling you that you are nothing and will never succeed, constant torment with mental visuals or dreams, physical harm like scratching and throwing, grabbing, etc.

These are always extreme cases and should never be taken lightly. Usually it starts off lightly, the spirit much like a puppy dog is looking for what you will let them get away with and once it is too late they are doing very bad things and you're in a deep hole. So the best way to prevent it from becoming bad is taking action early. The best form of defense is religion, and not lending energy to these spirits.

If you constantly acknowledge and make a huge deal you are only playing right into their hands, although some theorize that they are extremely psychic and know your deepest feelings, ignoring them to a degree can help. But the best form of action to take on these spirits is a blessing, whether it be by the catholic church, Jewish Rabbi, or using sage this usually always works and leaves the spirit no choice but to be vanquished from the land.

www.examiner.com...

I do believe this person needs a priest of some kind as well as a doctor and some therapy. Spirits that do these kinds of things will drive a person to eventually kill themselves, or someone else. They will basically drive a person insane.

OP, remind your buddy that the thing following him around wants him to die, so it can do whatever it is there to do to him. Killing himself won't make it go away, it will instead empower this being to take control over this persons spirit.

This person needs both spiritual and medical attention.

Better take care of the medical first though. Get him in to a hospital, and on a suicide watch. There is no other proper answer until this is taken care of.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Good advice. Realizing that their ARE negative forces seeking the ruin of mens (women) souls is important realizing without giving too much attention. More attention should be spent praying for help. You WILL get it (or your friend). I can tel you stories of personal experience but I'm finger typing on iPad. Some are indisputable.

a reply to: Jesuslives4u

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Are they okay?

Ive befriended both people who suffer from psychosis and people who have had paranormal experiences as well as people on drugs. I can tell the difference. Your friend likely has hallucinations or at least should be checked at and you shouldnt keep feeding him paranormal stuff. You should be comforting his feelings not hyoing him up scaring him. Everything fits with hallucinations just fine, the way it looks and moves and his self harming suicidal behavior. Leave this up to professionals before you start making assumptions placing your own beleifs as more important than your friends life. The fact its exactly the same as his tattoo shows more evidence its a hallucination. I have one friend who has a hallucination that took the form of a character she designed. Just encourage him to seek therapy and i suppose doing a smudging couldnt hurt if he cant be convinced otherwise since it would have psychological effects calming him and making the hallucinations die down but dont act like you know for sure its some demon or whatever just say "just for extra measure so you feel better". I repeat again its unlikely to be a demon.
edit on 27-7-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join