It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Allows Holder to Assert Executive Privilege on Fast and Furious

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Is that the official response from Nation of Islam, or from you?

Please show me where 0bama has done anything remotely within not being corrupt.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

not to educated in this area of law/policy would this be easily acheived? seems like if they can shut off funding they would have done it by now,but that was an interesting idea star for you

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
do the republicans every want to work with democrats again? or is it just stall and bitch?

Why would conservative republicans want to work with liberal democrats? They just need to be replaced with conservatives, and I don't care what party they are from. Just so long as they are conservative. Follow the constitution, don't waste the taxpayers money, enforce the laws, and create jobs. You know all the things this administration isn't doing.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Ding!

But for the wrong reasons.

This is the way it has been, since before either of us were born. Suddenly, it is now transparent. Why?

How should things ought to be?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The House should act. They should've acted years ago. I'm sure they're worried about a repeat of The Clinton/Lewinsky BJGate ... but they should've attacked well before the midterms ... and impeached. If nothing else, you'd see where Congress' loyalties lie by individual.

To tell you the truth, I am in absolute awe of this President and his administration. I don't like what he's doing, but I get it. Congress and the Republican Party ... now they've been _proven_ to be a huge embarrassment.

And, the parade keeps passing by.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
The House should act. They should've acted years ago. I'm sure they're worried about a repeat of The Clinton/Lewinsky BJGate ... but they should've attacked well before the midterms ... and impeached. If nothing else, you'd see where Congress' loyalties lie by individual.

To tell you the truth, I am in absolute awe of this President and his administration. I don't like what he's doing, but I get it. Congress and the Republican Party ... now they've been _proven_ to be a huge embarrassment.

Good evening oh Snarly one...

Wouldn't you like to have a huge used car lot and hire this guy? You could make a fortune. In fact we could probably lower some chevy's right now and make a killing at the border.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: grey580

not to educated in this area of law/policy would this be easily acheived? seems like if they can shut off funding they would have done it by now,but that was an interesting idea star for you

Congress could do it but spending bills / budget bills are still required to be signed off on by the President so he would veto it.

Secondly the DOJ does a lot more than just the limited areas we are talking about. Ending funding would adversely affect those areas where the FBI is doing their job in a competent manner.

Ending funding would be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

Ding!

But for the wrong reasons.

This is the way it has been, since before either of us were born. Suddenly, it is now transparent. Why?

How should things ought to be?

Well for starters we can look at the Regan and Clinton administrations. In both cases both parties had issues in Congress in terms of which party controlled it. In those instances both Presidents shifted their agendas to account for the fact they no longer had control over congress, which means they had to work with the other party to achieve their goals.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The Republicans, some of them, have stated they have the votes to impeach Obama. the issue is not with the House but the Senate, which is the body who actually conducts the trial.

A democrat controlled Senate is not going to impeach their own President. So any move on impeachment now is a wasted effort since it wont go anywhere in the senate.

Wait for the midterms - if the republicans hold the house and take the senate, I think we will see impeachment.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Doubtful there'll be 67 votes in the Senate post-midterms ... so I see no sense in waiting. Best bet is to have the Dems put their money where there mouths are and get 'em voted out of office for standing fast with the party.

The Repubs are sticking to their old ways, which are doing absolutely nothing. I think they're willing to risk a net gain of zero, because they're hoping to get their turn at bat with the same rules 0bama has been playing by. It's not doing the middle class any good. What we'll wind up with is Drip Down Economics at best ... the jobs are going overseas faster and faster and they ain't coming back.

Can you believe the Repubs are even considering Mitt for another run? Palin may be the dumbest cheerleader you've ever seen, but even she stands a better chance on her own than Mitt on his best day. Do ya think she can point out the location of the Crimean peninsula if asked? LOL

Anyway, on-topic, Holder's golden parachute is guaranteed. His promise to step down this year might still be fulfilled, but it'll definitely remain on-hold until after the midterms. He's probably holding a lot of dirt on the fellas capable of putting and end to BHO no matter which side of the fence they're standing on.
edit on 972014 by Snarl because: Autocorrect

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

The Senate is controlled by 53 Democrats (plus 2 independents who caucus with the Democrats). Republicans have 45 seats. 33 seats are open in the 2014 midterms in November.

Of those numbers only:
2 red states show their Republican incumbent retiring.
4 blue states show their Democratic incumbent retiring.

20 states are showing "safe for both parties".

The remainder of open seats are predominately Democrat leaning Republican based on current polling info.

If Obama keeps it up you can guarantee Democrats are going to run fast and run far away from Obama. Recently 3 House members from Colorado have declined invitations for fundraising venues with Obama.

The argument at the midterms is going to come down to who is doing their job. The problem Democrats face is the bulk of actions Obama has taken had pissed off a LOT of people, including independents and Democrats. Its going to be difficult for Democrats to defend their voting records on those contentious pieces of legislation that have blown up in Obama's face.

They can either stand by their vote and hope for the best or they can try and distance themselves by blaming Obama or someone else while being painted as a person who only voted for legislation because of political affiliation and not because it was good for their constituents.

I think the Democrats and the President got so drunk on controlling 2 out of 3 branches of government for a short time, that their relationship with the Republican controlled Congress was one of do as I tell you because we control 1.5 branches of government.

Its going to be hard to defend Obamacare when the President violated the law by using executive orders to change it. It also should be noted his changes to that law put it on track to being re-addressed AFTER the midterm elections and not before.

The same thing that happened with Benghazi.

I truly believe the Democrats tried to shoot themselves in the foot and missed and hit their heads. There is absolutely no way for Democrats to recover in time to post a danger at the midterms. I also think that in 2016 Republicans / Independent will be elected to President.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
To specifically address Holder -

If any members of Obamas cabinet are going to leave, they must do so now / within the next 2-3 months. After that point there is no guarantee the Senate will remain in Democratic hands, meaning Republicans are going to be the ones confirming his nominees.

I also look for Reid to at some point before the midterms to remove the nuclear option so it cannot be used against the Democrats in the minority.

Im telling ya.. This is the worst scenario I have scene for Democrats in a loooong time. They are acting more like the cast of HeeHaw and less like Democrats.

edit on 9-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

We are witnessing the most corrupt Admin in many many years.

Most transparent?? Yeah right. If you believe that, then I have some really safe property to sell you in Chicago.

I was simply trying to make a satirical joke about the multiple definitions of the word transparent. Orwellian doublespeak, if you will.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I applaud your optimism, but there won't be a conservative supermajority in the Senate. And ... I'm willing to bet you a steak dinner and drinks on that prediction.
Yeah ... the Republicans may get the Senate Majority Leader's position, but you've gotta hedge your bet on the low-information voter's decision making ability. And, if this forum's any indicator, the die-hard Dems voting a straight ticket. Don't forget, BHO won re-election, and I'm sure there are more cards up his sleeves. His failure to come out in support of either Hillary or Biden is the tell.

I'm not at all confident these midterms will be a major game changer. In fact, I think the Republicans will have a hard time just lighting a fire under their own straight ticket constituents ... and a non-vote is just as good as a vote for the Dems.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Now this may be an unpopular opinion, but I'll say it anyway.

I believe the reason impeachment proceedings, or other methods of leashing this tyrannical level of power-abuse, have not/might not be brought forth so far is because of the race card.

Playing that card is the current sure-fire method of character assassination. Look at the Donald Sterling (LA Clippers owner) circus as an example.

Due to what many term "white guilt," no one wants to be the first to go on record to vote for impeaching the first black president. This administration realizes this, and uses it to their great advantage in my opinion, which in turn is essentially reverse-racism. Any such actions against this administration would surely be twisted by the media into "Oh, Senator so-and-so just doesn't like him being around because he's black."

Which is an outrageous lie. The color of your skin has absolutely nothing to do with your moral compass. Only those who are superficial would believe otherwise.

Anyway, great member discussion so far, which is why I love ATS so much.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Much has changed in the last 2 years since the presidential election. Scandal after scandal, the immigration issue, lies over healthcare, etc, ad nausem. The prevailing mood throughout the populace has been shifting away from blind-faith support for the Dem's. Many people are seeing the true face of "Change," and its not the change they wanted. Many have been awoken from previous political apathy, and are pissed.

In fact, I changed my registration just a few weeks ago from Dem to Rep. (Boy was I naive when first registering at 18)

Reminds me of an old joke I picked up somewhere: "A Democrat is just a Republican in denial who hasn't been mugged yet." Consider how many people have been "mugged" by "If you like the insurance you have, you can keep it."

Just for fun, here's another favorite politics joke:

"A Republican and a Democrat were walking down the street when they came to a homeless person. The Republican gave the homeless person his business card and told him to come to his business for a job. He then took twenty dollars out of his pocket and gave it to the homeless person. The Democrat was very impressed, and when they came to another homeless person, he decided to help. He walked over to the homeless person and gave him directions to the welfare office. He then reached into the Republican's pocket and gave the homeless person fifty dollars."

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

Many have been awoken from previous political apathy, and are pissed.

When we go from "many" to _the majority_ I'll feel better.

Thanks for the jokes. I needed some levity. When you changed your VR card, did it come with a concealed carry permit and your choice of firearm?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

No CCW permit, haven't gotten around to it yet as my state's firearms laws are amongst the most lax in the nation. Hint: We can now choose open or concealed carry, with the same permit.

And though I wouldn't turn down a free new sidearm, I've already got my Sig P226 in .40 S&W, and doubt a gov freebie could be any nicer.

Army joke: "Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder."
edit on 792014 by CloudsTasteMetallic because: typo

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Normally I would be in the same boat with you, however I think Cantor loosing his primary is a sign of things to come. Yes other Republicans have won their primaries however not by the margins one would normally see with typical election apathy.

The other X factor is how Democrats would react to losing the Senate and Impeachment proceedings. Its not a secret that there are Democrats who don't care for Obama or what he is doing. If it comes to impeachment the question being asked by those who vote is if they are on the right side of history.

Keep in mind also that this is Obama's "last job" so to speak. Those in the House and Senate may still have goals of becoming President one day so how they act / don't act now could very well bite them in the ass down the road.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
As soon as Obama is out of office Holder is going to jail. Count on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join