It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 AF Budget

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It said programs not aircraft, quite obvious that reconnaissance programs are classified i.e. what is doing what where so no need to disclose anything really. Still not convinced this has anything to do with a classified airframe, or at least specifically for only one.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think these funds are being used for more than just ISR support.
Under the "description/justification" line item they list "Airframe" among many other hardware items the funds will go to.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackDog10

It says an airframe, if the airframe isn't classified why bother hiding it?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: B2StealthBomber

It says an airframe, if the airframe isn't classified why bother hiding it?

Because the existence isn't classified, but all operations and maintenance and deployment thereof is. And why bother disclosing?

And besides, not disclosing details of classified activities on disclosed platforms works to confuse intelligence analysts just as it's confusing us; they don't know if it's for U-2 maintenance (rebuilding a landing gear) or something else undisclosed.

Other times, overt description of activities serves the interest by means of deterrence, like having those parades down Red Square.
edit on 8-7-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Except the U-2 already has its own budget. They aren't going to take money from a second budget to operate and maintain it. They may take some out for the occasional mission, but they're not going to allocate $34M over two years. That's probably as much as the entire fleet gets to operate.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The DARP aircraft procurement budget went from 19 mil in 2011 to 63 mil in 2012...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

Which is a LOT more than is needed if it's operational/maintenance budgeting. You don't spend $63M on repairs and sustainment.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

^What I was going to say. They have no reason to disclose which planes are doing what.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

And you really think the $50M jump I'm funding was to fund aircraft that are already funded?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Interestingly, I've heard there are several new ISR platforms under development in the next year or so.
edit on 7/9/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join