It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy gets Facebook messages from deceased gf

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm not sure if any of you have heard about this story that has been going viral but his girl friend died in a three car accident. Since he has received very odd and short messages and even pictures of him with her tagged in them but no ones there. Just a box as if you tagged someone. Another is a picture looking inside his house of his computer from outside his window. He first felt he was being attacked and harassed and sought info from Facebook but it showed account being accessed from his home and her mom house.

Part of me says it's real based on premature deaths and the pain of death for both sides and the need of communication and contact. Another part of me says this guy made the story up and the photos just cause. What does everyone think?

I believe there is a rule on NOT posting links to stories or copying info from other sites so I won't.

My last search didn't show anything on here or snopes but I will check again.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
yeah without some real links here to investigate theres not much we can really say is there?

Other then that it could also just be a perpetuated HOAX........

W out some proof honestly thats what im more inclined to believe

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
yeah without some real links here to investigate theres not much we can really say is there?

Other then that it could also just be a perpetuated HOAX........

W out some proof honestly thats what im more inclined to believe

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Ok. I would be very spooked.

Hoax, or someone is playing a very sick joke..

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: defuntion

wasnt it originally posted to a scary story competition on reddit?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Sorry, before reading the thread, my first thoughts were "Manti T'eo? That you again?" This sounds too much like a hoax without some more proof.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I would lean towards stalker, or his hoaxing this himself.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: okamitengu
a reply to: defuntion

wasnt it originally posted to a scary story competition on reddit?

If so I am unaware of that...

The OP didn't provide links, so you may be correct..

??

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: okamitengu

That appears to be the case, yes:

original reddit post

FAQ on the "no sleep" section of Reddit

Other sources on the net are treating it as a true event, but I believe it to be a cleverly crafted story. The author included many pictures and screen grabs to enhance the effect. Nicely done on his part, but completely fabricated imo.

Even if it wasn't fabricated, and it was true, I would be just as skeptical. Grieving people sometimes do some weird things, and if there was any truth to this, I would suggest he was behind it, and having trouble coping through the grieving process.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
NVM.

Thanks for NoSleep FAQ. No further questions. Can't believe the gullibility of people.
No wonder, nowadays they go out to kill others because "Slenderman told them".

edit on 7/7/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I'm a fairly frequent reader of /nosleep on Reddit.

/nosleep specializes in walking the line between real and imaginary.

A post is considered "well done" when you can't tell the difference.

I admit it's well done, but ... it's just too easy to see the hoax here.

If the girl is dead, she's not posting on Facebook.

IMHO

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
That is certainly a new way to haunt someone.

Just another reason why everybody NEEDS FB, in case a deceased loved one want to contact you.

Yay facebook!, the only way to surf the web!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
not that hard to get a person I.P. info for various laptops and phones etc and play an evil joke like this.... I hope that's not the case and that this is genuine.....

is well weird about the pics though....

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Johnathanandheather

The guy needs a Social Medium.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Sorry, before reading the thread, my first thoughts were "Manti T'eo? That you again?" This sounds too much like a hoax without some more proof.

Ha ha ... He popped into my mind too! ...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Maybe the mother is taking revenge for her daughters death and is harassing the boyfriend.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

edit on 7-7-2014 by Staroth because: someone else already posted the links

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
a reply to: Johnathanandheather

The guy needs a Social Medium.

As hard as I laughed at that, I don't find the thread funny at all tbh.

Pretty sure it's either a prank or a hoax, but either way it's f# sick.

If he's doing it himself I'd consider it a hoax, but it'd have to be a pretty elaborate one (no dead girlfriend) or he has some serious psych issues, possibly due to having to process the death of his girlfriend,

OR this is a prank and a horribly disgusting one at that.

Please let me elaborate. If my girlfriend were to die (knock on wood) and sent me posts on (hypothetical) facebook account from the grave, my mind would quite possibly lead me to commit suicide after convincing myself that this #ty life can finally end as I've received proof that we can be together again in mere hours! Don't forget that state of mind you'd be in at that time, or at least I would. (note; I have psych issues myself and this is 99% how it would go for me, it'd probably find the nearest railway to give my partner a nice big spirit kiss again.. )

In this case it would likely just be someone who hacked the account or knew the credentials, but if that is the case, jailtime and repaying emotional damages don't even seem a severe enough repercussion.
edit on 7-7-2014 by Strawberry88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2014 by Strawberry88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Having experienced getting an anniversary card and a very apt message from my deceased husbands yahoo account myself, I still can say that this Facebook episode is either a fictional tale or he is being pranked. I have to admit it can be off-setting when one receives something of this nature, but common sense allowed me to look at the bigger picture. Obviously, in my case, my husband had written and scheduled the message to be sent while he was on his deathbed. In the story provided by the OP, that wouldn't be the answer...even if this tale were true...common sense says prank.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Reading the Reddit thread as posted by the "Victim", it is obvious to me he is fabricating the entire story.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join