It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

which is worse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hey ATS, I am wondering which is worse ? People who have nothing left to loose or people who have everything to loose?
My though is that people who have money and power will do anything to keep it without concise, but when TSHTF and more and more people are starting to loose everything they have and there is really nothing left to loose and start to rebel against the people who have been making the rules and the money who will the upper hand? The rich and powerful will be extremely out numbered and the suppressed will have nothing left to loose so what is the end result?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

I have this belief that when TSHTF people are going to shoot anything that moves until they've only got enough rounds to defend themselves with. It's going to be an equal opportunity thing ... and there are far more of 'us' than there are of 'them.' There's hardly any 'stand-up' leadership amongst the middle class.

Which is worse? Both of your named groups want as much as they an get from people who work for a living.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think when there is nothing left to lose you can finally have a positive paradigm shift. I think that the world can finally become a better place and we can learn to take care of each other.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Hey there,

My personal experience is some on with something on the line is someone to avoid.

When I had nothing at all I was the most carving and benevolent I have ever been...in a harsh winter environment with nothing, not even a home.

I shacked up in a shed with some of the most really people I have ever met in my life, they really cared you know?

That's the lesson I try to maintain, it's a simple one. And why is next.

When my family was in need and I had to provide, I did everything in my power to make it happen, I provided a nexus of understanding.....in the wrong direction...an apex predator in a world that no longer needs that.

So judging by life experience I'd have to say the same principle applies at every bus stop along the journey.

Knowing ones self and knowing ones ground is important in the animal. Sometimes pushing the limit of understandings is harder in reality than when the journey commences.

Much grace.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Having nothing let to lose, every decision is a life & death decision . One based on fear . Those that "have" in a shtf scenario will fight....but in the end will succumb to those who don't. Shear numbers say's it's so. I would'nt want to be Bill Gates when money is meaningless.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I agree that we outnumber them and I wouldn't want to be the guy in the big house on the hill with all the food and water when that time comes, because his door will surely be kicked in.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose." -Kris Kristofferson, sung by Janis Joplin in "Me and Bobby McGee."

I don't agree with many of the pessimistic "shoot everything that moves" sentiments being tossed around. In times of natural disasters, people tend to come together with much more empathy. When life is thrown from the relative comfort we enjoy day-to-day, to a survival (food, water, and shelter are scarce) scenario, a great majority of people are much more willing to share any resources they have.

This is something I witnessed firsthand through an F5 tornado devastating Moore, OK last year.

It's somewhat sad and ironic that only by going through the worst, humanity will show it's best.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
By far a man with nothing left to lose is more dangerous than one with everything ..

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I know the "nothing left to lose" feeling all to well. I know others in that boat. It is the people that "have everything to loose" that scare me. They are the ones who take more drastic measures.
When you have nothing left to loose, that also includes energy and drive for anything outside of staying alive. A person in pain or a person who has experienced extreme pain the past tends to have more empathy for other peoples suffering. I have noticed I am always more generous when I am struggling myself. I had less patience for people when life was good. I have seen it in others as well, and would like to know more about the psychology behind it.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I don't know which is 'worse', but people who have nothing to lose are definately more dangerous. I was there once. I was dangerous.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

This is already happening and the big man will ALWAYS be in control

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

People who have nothing left to lose are bad. But add chainsaw hands and lazers from the eyes into the mix, and its worse
edit on 7/8/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Hey ATS, I am wondering which is worse ? People who have nothing left to loose or people who have everything to loose?
My though is that people who have money and power will do anything to keep it without concise, but when TSHTF and more and more people are starting to loose everything they have and there is really nothing left to loose and start to rebel against the people who have been making the rules and the money who will the upper hand? The rich and powerful will be extremely out numbered and the suppressed will have nothing left to loose so what is the end result?

You lose (me too) and they win. It is that simple. Those with the money have the power and control over their armies etc..... However in the end it will make no difference if you have money or not. In the end money will not pay your way out.

top topics

join