Why liberals are abandoning the Obamacare employer mandate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This "story" from Left Wing Politico is suggesting that Liberals are abandoning the thought of the "employer mandate" that demands health insurance be paid for by employers with 50 or more "full time (by formula)" employees.

Obviously this is a big Red Herring being thrown out there to cast an illusion that Democrats are all of sudden "seeing the light" about some the many Obama.Care massive failures.

They will have the "appearance" of using logic and economic reasoning but as always will fall back later after the illusion is safely set into the minds of Obama-Believers and worshipers everywhere.

A good guess would be that is just another huge over-reaction (by Politico) to the Hobby Lobby Supreme Court decision last week.

Ever since that happened, Liberals have gone hog wild with many deceptions and deflections in a 360 degree direction.

Robert Gibbs’ prediction that Obamacare’s employer mandate would — and perhaps should — be jettisoned shocked Democrats back in April.

By July, the former aide and longtime confidant of President Barack Obama had a lot more company. More and more liberal activists and policy experts who help shape Democratic thinking on health care have concluded that penalizing businesses if they don’t offer health insurance is an unnecessary element of the Affordable Care Act that may do more harm than good. Among them are experts at the Urban Institute and the Commonwealth Fund and prominent academics like legal scholar Tim Jost.

The employer mandate, Jost wrote in a Health Affairs post in June, “cries out for repair.” Repealing it “might not be such a bad idea,” if it’s replaced with something better for workers and businesses.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
All this leads me to believe is what was predicted by many economists several years ago; an insurance company bailout.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
All this leads me to believe is what was predicted by many economists several years ago; an insurance company bailout.

Very true. That was one of the main goals.

Lots of "bailout" language in the ACA and regulations.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Everything is pointing to the solution that Obama proposed in the first place Single Payer.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Everything is pointing to the solution that Obama proposed in the first place Single Payer.

Not easy to get there.

What would the payroll taxes need to be compared to current rates?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Not easy to get there.

Do you honestly care? You've got 100 threads blasting the ACA but not one solution offered. Typical of modern conservatism.

The ACA should be superseded by a new healthcare reform act that isn't fundamentally about subsidizing private insurance companies. I'd suggest a public option would be a good start. The answer is out there, but it's not in RomneyCare.. sorry, I meant "ObamaCare."
edit on 2014-7-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

L
L

Actually I have posted some remedies.

But before we get into that here, you need to address the Politico story in depth.

Your silly ilky silky deflections won't work.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
theantediluvian,I have to ask,,,, When did Romney get elected President of The United States of America, Did I Sleep through Those Years?

I only know of Obamacare,

Who the Hell is Romney and Why is He Important if he didn't make it the Top Slot?

The biggest problem with Obamacare is Reid, he didn't listen!!

edit on 7-7-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
how about a universal healthcare... but no Mandates...

if you chose not to purchase some sort of coverage, like ACA or private policies which were actually affordable instead of at a 'mandated' price...
the analogy would be like driving a car with bald-tires & the victim or victimizer would only receive severely reduced 'safety-net' benefits...the foodstamps/welfare/medicare @ 80% would all be reduced by 70% from the expected payouts of today---

iow, there would be no A-Holes with $200 cableTV, $600 I-Phones, $300 sneakers & $500 month EBT cards living off society...
let them fall into the danger-zone of criminals & that ilk, get either dead or jailed for the filthy life they chose to engage in...
lets bring the Justice of Muslim Law into our pathetic, mamby-pamby, 'no one should suffer' social baseline of 'western culture'

forget my rant...it got slammed by the server... but I tell you it was not nice to the A-Holes on the dole by their own kniving BS that thinks stealing from the social network is a form of lifestyle acumen, strategy, outsmarting the system, 'playing' the Christian fools....
I sure wish there were an Un-Touchable class here in the USA where even a talented athlete would have to 'pay back' the free ride the family had thru their growing up life
edit on th31140477767307012014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

You are mad, sir! Mad!

The progressive-leftists all said that they would run on Obamacare. That this is the signature achievement of this administration.

They all proudly voted for it.

All the leftists, progressives, wanted it.

It will save America!
(by turning all medical care into the VA)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
lets bring the Justice of Muslim Law into our pathetic, mamby-pamby, 'no one should suffer' social baseline of 'western culture'

How about we keep religion out of it in every way. For once maybe we should try a little logic and reasoning and maybe some science in there too.

Maybe you were just joking with that Muslim Law comment, I'm not sure. Just wanted to say something just in case.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Whats really happening here are the first signs that the dems are going to get trashed very badly in the next elections. They are not reporting on the silent revolution going on out there. The AHC wet dream is a toss.
edit on 7-7-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Not easy to get there.

Do you honestly care? You've got 100 threads blasting the ACA but not one solution offered. Typical of modern conservatism.

The ACA should be superseded by a new healthcare reform act that isn't fundamentally about subsidizing private insurance companies. I'd suggest a public option would be a good start. The answer is out there, but it's not in RomneyCare.. sorry, I meant "ObamaCare."

I don't understand why we need a solution. My health insurance was cheap until Obama Care was the talk of the nation it wasn't weeks it started going up in preparation of Obama Care. It eventually doubled, when we called Kaiser they actually said they were getting ahead of the game because they didn't know what was coming. So they were raising rates in anticipation of rising cost.

Obama Care was written with the idea that there were people in America going uninsured. This is my problem how? So many of these people are young and go uninsured by choice. Some can't afford it, which anyone knows is BS just walk into any ER and you can't be refused even the illegals in CA know that, the ER rooms are full of them with colds and flu.

The amount of money that has already been wasted is astronomical, the law is so bad both parties are running from it. They can't even get a website working properly after spending a billion dollars, and I am supposed to trust my health care to Obama Care. Peoples premiums have tripled. Why do I need a alternative, just turn the clock back to the day before we started talking about this useless law and forget about it.

Here is your remedy, stop taking my money for useless Obama BS, and get rid of Obama Care and go back to things the way they were. Ask any doctor it is nightmare policy.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

And not to even mention that "Romney.Care" has been butchered alive by changes since the original legislation.

Obama.Care required quite a few changes to that law.

It seems Mass only had 6% uninsured at the time and got it down to 2%. but it went back up later (because of the Obama.Care changes?)

And I think Massachusetts had a high majority of Democrats in the legislature?

Massachusetts health care reform

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

How about we keep religion out of it in every way. For once maybe we should try a little logic and reasoning and maybe some science in there too.

Maybe you were just joking with that Muslim Law comment, I'm not sure. Just wanted to say something just in case.

I look at Muslim laws...not Sharia par se... as strict
I also see Muslim rules of conduct as not so much religious (like catholics) but more an Ideological-Political basis

the equivocating and political-correctness of the western worlds 'safety-net' thought is not well reasoned out..
it is schizophrenic at best

cut & dry for the freeloaders... You just ain't gonna get handed a minimum wage lifestyle free-of-charge, you only get 30%
but wiggle room for those that invest in their own safety,( as they can afford it,) 100% social-safety-net benefits

the Muslim Law (rules) are a very workable 'behavior modification' parameter...
there I explained that science is contained in my proposal, ok?

what are you another bleeding heart?
be pragmatic !
edit on th31140477909607242014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)
edit on th31140477977407362014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

what are you another bleeding heart?
be pragmatic !

lol. No I'm not a bleeding heart. I'm not speaking out of some sort of sympathy or kindness. I'm just real big on keeping the Religion out of Politics and the Politics out of Religion. Also keeping the Money out of Both of them as well.

How you interpret Muslim Law isn't the point. It doesn't matter which way you see it either because someone else sees it some opposite way anyway. That's why I say keep everyone's Interpretations of Religious Law out of Our Laws. No Christian Laws, Muslim, Scientology, Wiccan, Buddhist, Hindu, etc. Keep those laws for you churches, temples, covens, etc. But keep them out of Politics.
edit on 7-7-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

* star for you

not that you swayed me but you came back with a court level retort

the word 'justice' is implied by my bundle of arguments...
of which the Muslim religion was just a more concise example of pragmatism & utility in the world for the resolution of ;problems'

edit on th31140478079907532014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

This "story" from Left Wing Politico is suggesting that Liberals are abandoning the thought of the "employer mandate" that demands health insurance be paid for by employers with 50 or more "full time (by formula)" employees.

Obviously this is a big Red Herring being thrown out there to cast an illusion that Democrats are all of sudden "seeing the light" about some the many Obama.Care massive failures.

They will have the "appearance" of using logic and economic reasoning but as always will fall back later after the illusion is safely set into the minds of Obama-Believers and worshipers everywhere.

A good guess would be that is just another huge over-reaction (by Politico) to the Hobby Lobby Supreme Court decision last week.

Ever since that happened, Liberals have gone hog wild with many deceptions and deflections in a 360 degree direction.

Robert Gibbs’ prediction that Obamacare’s employer mandate would — and perhaps should — be jettisoned shocked Democrats back in April.

By July, the former aide and longtime confidant of President Barack Obama had a lot more company. More and more liberal activists and policy experts who help shape Democratic thinking on health care have concluded that penalizing businesses if they don’t offer health insurance is an unnecessary element of the Affordable Care Act that may do more harm than good. Among them are experts at the Urban Institute and the Commonwealth Fund and prominent academics like legal scholar Tim Jost.

The employer mandate, Jost wrote in a Health Affairs post in June, “cries out for repair.” Repealing it “might not be such a bad idea,” if it’s replaced with something better for workers and businesses.

Nothing shocking about it. We are still in a recession, so really its just about the flow of finance from the top to the consumer that is at steak. The Dems don't want job cuts during a Democratic presidency.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Yep, they'll run from it until they know how the election comes out, then they'll move to ax everyone else's health care.

Obamacare really is a good illustration of the old maxim: "The government big enough to give you everything can also take everything you have."

It has certainly done that. It was supposed to give us access to cheaper care AND our same doctors AND policies, but instead, it TOOK those doctors and policies AND charged us much more for less.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

I don't understand why we need a solution. My health insurance was cheap until Obama Care was the talk of the nation it wasn't weeks it started going up in preparation of Obama Care. It eventually doubled, when we called Kaiser they actually said they were getting ahead of the game because they didn't know what was coming. So they were raising rates in anticipation of rising cost.

Well maybe that's where the real trouble starts, you didn't even realize there was a problem in the first place.

and

Between 2000 and 2010, the average annual per capita healthcare expenses nearly doubled and at this point we're spending somewhere over $2 trillion a year in healthcare costs. We spend nearly double what Canada does per person and triple what the UK does and we're not living longer, healthier lives.

Maybe you could call up Kaiser and ask them why the rate increases were outpacing the average worker compensation and inflation year after year WAAAAAAAAAAY before the ACA, way before Obama was even elected.
edit on 2014-7-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join