It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Whales Die on County Donegal Beach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Sad story of another beaching at County Donegal beach today , the pod of around 12 were discovered beached by a man out jogging this morning.

The man Jim Mercer raised the alarm and locals did their best to rescue the Whales but it seem they didn't want to be rescued.

Mr Mercer said that the whales were not keen to re-enter the water.
"When we got them in the water, they swam back to shore further down the beach," he said.
"Despite efforts to help them out to sea, they kept coming back."
www.bbc.co.uk...

County Donegal beach was the scene of a mass beaching of 33 whales in 2010.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7-7-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well two possibilities I guess...They have been convicted of some whale crime and must kill themselves under whale law or, Their water home is to unbearable to live in.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It puzzles me this whale beaching, what is going on in the water?
This pod didnt want to go back in. Is there something attacking whales? Megaladon?
Or could it be they want to commit suicide?
Beaching themselves is certain death, so what is in the water?
i dont believe they lost their bearings their instinct at least would take them back in the water once they go into shallow water.
There must be something scaring the carp out of them (pun intended)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
It puzzles me this whale beaching, what is going on in the water?
This pod didnt want to go back in. Is there something attacking whales? Megaladon?
Or could it be they want to commit suicide?
Beaching themselves is certain death, so what is in the water?
i dont believe they lost their bearings their instinct at least would take them back in the water once they go into shallow water.
There must be something scaring the carp out of them (pun intended)

"Megaladon".

Seriously?

There is a man made cause behind these deaths.

Pollution, either chemical, radiological or sonic is the likely cause.

Once they're all gone, we won't be far behind. No pun whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Would you want to swim in a plume of hydrogen sulfide gas? It's certain death anyways.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I will be shot down by a storm of troll arrows when I mention my theory. Since cetaceans are still a "transforming" species, their inclination is to somehow get back to land.
This my theory, and my theory alone. There is no publication or news about this. Just my observation, after observing a humpback whale beach itself while drinking Coronas and catching bass off the coast of Baja California. This thing just lumbered unto the beach and just settled there.
Some of the expats tried to move this behemoth out to sea, I just watched. It is apparent that this a transitional species and somehow still think they can crawl up to the beach without their old appendages.
Simples as that. No Navy Sonar waves or pollutions.
There was a huge fossil find off of Peru or Chile, where they found several large fossils of ancestors to the cetaceans. What where they doing so far inland? Even if the seas were that far inland, they still beached themselsves a few millions ago.
Just my thoughts...

Kratos

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Yeah megaladon, why not?
Until a definitive answer is given as to what is happening, mines as good as any.
Anyhoo this is ATS so....

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

It's been known for a while that beaching episodes are due to noise , more precisely high powered Sonar used by the military and others.

A report released yesterday by a panel of scientists, conservation organizations and government agencies have positively linked a mass stranding of whales to sonar used by Exxon/Mobile during an offshore survey. In this case, the whales fled the area prior to the seismic phase of the survey, which shows that even this type of sonar (also used by military and research vessels) is devastating to whale and dolphins.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

We need to act before it's too late.

top topics

join