It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago crime overnight report: 67 shot over long weekend, man charged in shooting of 5-year-old

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

If America's "gun loving culture" is the issue how come there aren't more murders in Georgia, North/South Carolina, Kentucky, the Redoubt?

I am pretty sure there is a very strong "gun loving culture" in those states too.

Poverty exists there too.

edit on 7-7-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
We need to start prosecuting all gang members as domestic terrorists. But that will not happen because these are Obama's peeps.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: beezzer

That’s the culture of America. It’s steeped in violence and crime.
They glorify it.
Rap music, gangster movies, Rambo shooting up the town.

This crime is not coming out of a vacuum. It’s a social disease.

Liberal laws, liberal judges, liberal courts, lawyers, and no damned death penalty for capital crimes!

Social disease? How many billions if not trillions have been poured into inner-cities and studies on crime?

Criminals exist because there is no suitable punishment to deter them.

Criminals exist because crime pays.

Criminals exist because the American psyche has been conditioned to be victims and cower and wait for the government to solve all our problems.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Garbage in garbage out...this violence in America is not out of a vacuum.

It has an etiology…

If you program people to hate, carry guns, always get revenge, shoot first, be intolerant, hate other cultures, what do you except?

You sure won’t have peace in the land.

That’s the culture of America. So selfish, unenlightened, bigoted, full of hatred, always doing violence instead of trying to understand, going the high road.
What do you expect?

Isn’t there any introspection in some of you people?

Try love and respect for people maybe they will respond to the high road

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Well serial killers no matter their race tend to NOT use firearms. Not quite sure what your point is there.

As for spree killers, I personally believe a more efficent mental health care system is what is needed.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Crime from the top.

All the bankers that destroyed all those 401k plans. I imagine you want to kill them too?

America has the highest incarceration rate in the world. Obviously that doesn’t work.
You want to kill everybody?

I don’t think that could be accepted

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Not so fast.

You first.

What's *Your* "solution" ?

[ this otta be good ]

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Beez is correct with his assesment in my personal experiences as a police officer.

I have arrested and helped to convict numerous people for violent felonies, who have had previous records, yet they do not receive actual prison time.

For example. In 2007 I arrested a man for breaking into his pregnant ex girlfriends house, he punched her in the face, threw her to the floor and held a knife to her throat while threatening to kill her.

I subsequently arrested him for armed home burglary, felony battery because she was preganant, false imprisonment with a weapon, assault with a deadly weapon and violation of an injunction because she had one against his crazy ass.

The courts allowed him to plead guilty to the lesser charges of occupied burglary, assault, misdemeanor battery and violation of injuction.

This individual had a lengthy record of prior convictions for similar crimes. He was sentenced to 6 MONTHS in jail. Not prison, but county jail. 6 freaking months!! On top of that he only had to serve 85% of his sentence!

And that is in Florida. I couldn't even imagine how the sentencing would of went in Chicago, New York or California.

That is the problem, a weak judicial system. They don't fear the police because they know if we breathe on them wrong the media and public will rail road us. They don't fear jail because they know they won't be there long. Hell, they get to see their friends and receive free food and health care. It is like a damn vacation.

edit on 7-7-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: grammar blah blah

edit on 7-7-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: dang i suck tonight

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

"There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch."
-Nigel Powers

" There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and Americans."
-Willtell

lolz

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

What culture is programing people to hate, carry guns and always get revenge?

White, Asian, Black?

Come with me for ONE day on a ride along. I will show you.

It is what it is my friend?

link   

Crime from the top.

All the bankers that destroyed all those 401k plans. I imagine you want to kill them too?

America has the highest incarceration rate in the world. Obviously that doesn’t work.
You want to kill everybody?

I don’t think that could be accepted

I don't know where you got that.

I never said that.

I'd appreciate it if you'd stop lying and making up things.

link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

The point is that this society has big social problems that breed violence.

So because they don’t use guns we shouldn’t care deal with it.
Spree killers use guns though.

That is an epidemic.
Strangers going into malls and other joints killing strangers with guns.

That’s happening at epidemic proportions.

Will putting them under the jail stop that?

You have to understand an urban jungle like Chicago has many criminals with the same mentality as those spree killers

THEY DON’T GIVE A DAM.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

AMERICAN CULTURE!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I’m not God. All I can do is try to evaluate issues objectively.
And looking at the landscape of America and violence in the inner cities and the suburbs, spree killing, serial killers indicates we need to deal with this.

I don’t know maybe less violence in movies, more decent religion (not sectarian), more love, something that brings people together rather than separating them.

A holistic approach is required I believe, dealing with the issue on all levels not just one.
Law enforcement, social, religious, moral and ethical etc…

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Leftist policies have not been initiated in Chicago or anywhere in this country as far as I know.

If by liberal or left you mean easy on crime…maybe, but I would have to know Chicago local politics to know for sure.

I think if they crack down on gang violence then that would help.

But how do you do that?

All issues aren’t always a left/right thing.

LOL

Chicago votes nearly 100% Democrat.

Last Republican Mayor was in 1931 !!!

The City Council is 100% Democrat too.

84% citywide for Obama in 2012.

Illinois 2012

2012 Chicago by Ward district

MWAHAHhaaaaaa you mean Tony Cermak, Will?
The mayor that got punctured shaking hands
with FDR in '33?? That hand wrote up the back
of a business card for Nitty that said
"Give this man whatever he wants" I love it.
And that wasn't just a Brian De Palma movie
script detail, that was the real deal.

Illinois was recently ranked # 4 worst for corruption
in the country. That's because they're three times
better at hiding the skels as anybody else.
It's also why I feel extremely lucky landing in a place
after my eviction almost twice as far from Da Loop.

I didn't post to pile on, I need to watch how well the
gun laws don't work for keeping the regular Army
out.. because there have already been a couple of test
balloons downtown. NOT maneuvers either.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

and how would you implement all this if you were a politician in power?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

You live in a fantasy as if the US didn’t genocide the NA, or enslave millions of Africans and then relegate them to third class citizenship for 2 centuries and as if black people are inferior so they commit crime and violence by nature as if they weren’t subjected to violence and crime (by government policy) themselves.

You want to forget that

But reality doesn’t follow your fantasies.

Show me a country---anywhere on the planet---that does not have a history of genocide and slavery. Some folks like to live in the past but only the recent past as in the last couple of centuries. However, there is ample evidence out there if you are willing to do a bit of reading, that every single culture on earth had committed genocide and had slavery as a part of their society. In fact, in many middle eastern countries slavery is very much alive and well.
All of that has NOTHING to do with the violence in Chicago. That's reality.
Perhaps the poor kids in Chicago need to flee across the northern border to Canada to be free of their plight?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

MWAHAHhaaaaaa you mean Tony Cermak, Will?
The mayor that got punctured shaking hands
with FDR in '33?? That hand wrote up the back
of a business card for Nitty that said
"Give this man whatever he wants" I love it.
And that wasn't just a Brian De Palma movie
script detail, that was the real deal.

Actually the last "Republican" Mayor was Big Bill Thompsom (and he was a RINO).

1927 thru 1931 (his 2nd term) and his 1st term was 1915 thru 1923.

Cermak was a Democrat and probably was in fact the real target of the FDR "attempt".

Chicago Mayors

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The point is that this society has big social problems that breed violence.

And it seems 99% of those "social problems" are inside and emanate from the compartmentalized Democrat voting districts.

strange phenomenon indeed.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I believe I stated a more efficient mental health care system would be a good idea to deal with spree killers. Hell, serial killers as well.

Matter of fact here is another example from work.

I Baker Act people all of the time. If you are unfamiliar with that term here you go

en.wikipedia.org...

A vast majority of the individuals that I do Baker Act have thoughts and feelings of harming others. Sometimes they tell me they want to run over people, sometimes they tell me they want to stab people and a lot of times they tell me they want to shoot random people.

So of course I as a police officer have to act because mental health care has been put on our plates as well (not that we deal with enough of socities problems already).

I then take them to the local health care facility. They can be held up to 72 hours there. Well due to overpopulation and low funding they usually release the person in two days. They also set them up with a couple months of out patient therapy services that are NOT mandatory for them to attend.

So basically what happens is they are dumped right back into society until the next time they have an episode. The problem is the police cannot always intervine in time to stop them from acting out their feelings.

There are people that I have Baker Acted DOZENS of times. It is only a matter of time until they snap and follow through. This occurs throughout the country.

What could fix that? A more sound health care system.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join