It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago crime overnight report: 67 shot over long weekend, man charged in shooting of 5-year-old

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Chicago Tribune reporter Peter Nickeas recaps the overnight crime stories. (Posted on: July 7, 2013)

Why this isn't talked about more on the news?

I do get what's happening at the border, and how the news is 24/7-ing that.
(Not gonna digress)

But don't people realize this country is collapsing from within as well?

And I guess, for now, people who don't live in Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, etc can pay it no mind....for now.
With the economy going nowhere and the "urban areas" being depleted, where do you think all this violence is gonna spread?
Will people then care when it's them who gets hit by a stray bullet while standing in a park?

This is now gone beyond "gun control".
That shipped sailed.
Do I have answers to this mess?
Nope.

But it's a start when people shed light on the issue and those in power figure out a solution to what causes the conditions that lead to this violence.
And yes, it's a gang, drug, unemployment, single parent problem that's creating some of these situations.

But then again it could be simply this simple as to why the media doesn't deem it prudent.

Just my 2 cents to this CR@P

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Whaaat? Obama's home state in such turmoil? Who da thunk?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well, Americans can always cross the border into S.America....think they would roll out the read carpet and give us a free ride?
We could vote for whichever party that offered the best freebees!
Or, we could just stay here until all the 'undocumented' aliens are followed the cartel's they're running from.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrflipjr
Whaaat? Obama's home state in such turmoil? Who da thunk?

Not only his home State....

It's real close to his own home neighborhood !!!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
A bad omen here…Obama leaves Chicago and it turns into a cesspool of crime and violence; when he leaves the white house will the country get worse?

Probably so…like the op says the country may be falling apart.

In my state just last week we had a drive by in one of the richest suburbs in the state.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Why this isn't talked about more on the news?

I do get what's happening at the border, and how the news is 24/7-ing that. (Not gonna digress)

Perhaps because the PC media crowd is afraid to shine a light on what's really going on and it doesn't fit the agenda. Especially as it may have a large bearing on what's going on at the border. Took me a while to find this again but the NY Times was the only one to mention it.

Nearly all of the people shot and killed were black or Hispanic men, the Chicago Sun-Times noted, which speaks to a larger issue nationwide: Black people are much, much more likely to be killed by gunfire than white people.
NY Times..

Somehow I don't think it's all those crazy white people going into Detroit shooting up the place.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Remind me again why people pay a premium to live in cities? For the 'culcha'?

It's like those first year psychology courses where you read about putting too many rats in a cage and then watch the rat civility go down the tubes.

"When people have lost everything, and have nothing left to lose, they lose it." - Gerald Celente

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

First of all . . . things aren't "getting worse". Actually, things were MUCH worse in the 90's. Please familiarize yourself with the FBI's Crime Statistics on gun violence an homicide.
FBI Crime Statistics

The better question is "Why do Americans THINK things are getting worse and what angle is the media and gov playing?". Feel free to verify the above here:
Gun violence down 49% since 90's, but Americans think it is at all time high

Second, Chicago has always been this way and it was worse in the 90's (as was NY, LA, DC, etc). That is why they already had some of the strictest gun laws on the books and still do.

Lastly . . . you don't hear about it in the media because of the demographics of the crimes. The media doesn't care about poor minorities going on shooting sprees, or gang violence, when a few minorities catch "stray bullets". There is no "shock value" in that. The media only cares when young white males go off the rez, or a mass shooting takes place in a "good neighborhood", or some deranged soldier goes "AWOL".

So, again . . . the real question is why are you under the impression that gun violence is at an all time high?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What gets me is the news medias and police reasoning as to why these shooting occur.

The first excuse I heard was: "The weather's getting hotter".

Really????? It's hotter than the hubs of hell here where I live but 82 people didn't get shot!!

Next, they claim: "It's a gang problem".

BS BS BS BS

All the gun control in Chicago and this still happens? Then, they say: "but crime is down"

Sure it is. Didn't Obama send out a memo telling schools not to report crime and low test scores? So I wouldn't doubt that ol' Raum is altering crime stats to make his ghetto....I mean city, look better.

Remember last year in Chicago(I think) when someone shot and murdered someone else cause they got the last piece if fried chicken off the grill? Good reason to shoot someone. That's some brilliant thinking there. There's something terribly wrong. I don't ever remember hearing about that many people getting shot in one night anywhere in the US except for inner cities. It's time to stop making excuses and find out why this is happening in black areas.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
Remind me again why people pay a premium to live in cities? For the 'culcha'?

It's like those first year psychology courses where you read about putting too many rats in a cage and then watch the rat civility go down the tubes.

"When people have lost everything, and have nothing left to lose, they lose it." - Gerald Celente

You're referencing "Behavioral Sink Theory" . . . and I'm pretty sure that has already begun to "sink" in.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Some cites just rot. Look at all the ancient ruins around the world of abandon cites. Others on the flip are still going strong after centuries. Chicago is a good case for the old adage about the wise men having the power and the memory of the wicked will rot.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
Some cites just rot. Look at all the ancient ruins around the world of abandon cites. Others on the flip are still going strong after centuries. Chicago is a good case for the old adage about the wise men having the power and the memory of the wicked will rot.

Well put.
Although you could have replaced "some cities" with "some countries", and the rest would still apply.
Rome comes to mind.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Some may take this lietly but... If your back yard is projecting an enormous amount of ignorance sacrifices youth at that then, its a big possibility that back yard barrier between safe feeling reasoning of others as if they are not you? and the reality of the back yard being gone doesn't hit home until it actually does...

Further when these projections build up enough momentum and the many once safe reasoning of others realize what's been done its hard for them not to feel the MIRROR that will be required to stop these daily sacrifices as well...

NAMASTE*******

edit on 7/7/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

Well put.
Although you could have replaced "some cities" with "some countries", and the rest would still apply.
Rome comes to mind.

And further replace some countries with some planets... Its a unfathomed cycle of events @ play Black_Fox if many only NU

the Angelic in Creation and conscious behavior - for they hold the Mirror(s)
MUST possess larger claws then
the Demonic in Creation and conscious behavior

edit on 7/7/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Actually I have heard a lot about Chicago in the media; I don’t think their hiding it.
There not dealing with it or doing much about the root problem but I don’t perceive there hiding it for any reason

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Something could be done. But that would mean admitting that leftist/progressive policies have failed.

And politicians would rather see thousands die than admit that they might be wrong.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The only people who can "really" do anything about this are the people who live in those areas. Ultimately, the responsibility is theirs.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Leftist policies have not been initiated in Chicago or anywhere in this country as far as I know.

If by liberal or left you mean easy on crime…maybe, but I would have to know Chicago local politics to know for sure.

I think if they crack down on gang violence then that would help.

But how do you do that?

All issues aren’t always a left/right thing.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You need someone in charge with some spine!

Mandatory death penalty for anyone caught using a firearm in the commission of a crime.

(that's #1)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LadySkadi
I don't know LadySkadi? Conscious scanned internally... There are more followers and they are starting younger and younger. They are scared to speak up because their families house will get shot up and them killed faster then many are considering. WHAT WOULD YOU DO? If some policia are paid off to turn their heads if not release information that will also get them killed so they know there is no other way AND SOULS ARE SOLD OUT as an elitist group hides in luxury ON EA*RTH beyond hmmmmm shall they see. So they are stuck UNLESS ANOTHER FORCE steps in with = or more force? Set the prototype and continue until all who are installing fear are for short (Returned) to where they avoid attraction via using youth shield to hide behind... Like other EA*RTH regions where this demonic CEG has spawned...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join