It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another day, another 124 violent SWAT raids.

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Another Day, Another 124 Violent SWAT Raids.

It's 3:00 a.m. Your children are screaming and your dog is lying dead in a pool of blood. Scorch marks and shattered glass cover the floor. You're being held at gunpoint by towering figures wearing black and holding AK-47s.

This isn't a Hollywood movie set. Odds are this is a predawn SWAT raid targeting a family of color. Mission objective: search the home for a small amount of drugs.

There are an estimated 45,000 SWAT raids every year. That means this sort of violent, paramilitary raid is happening in about 124 homes every day – or more likely every night – not in an overseas combat zone, but here in American neighborhoods. The police, who are supposed to serve and protect communities, are instead waging war on the people who live in them.

The number is kind of staggering when you think about it and it may be a bit low.

According to this source, there are now 80,000 SWAT raids per year which averages to 219 per day...

The ACLU makes sense on some issues but is completely wrong on others.

Still, I think its good when people from different camps can come together/agree on issues. Libertarians and real conservatives would probably agree with ACLU on this one.

The more the better, because this really needs to stop.

edit on 7-7-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Very sobering to think about. I have been fortunate to have never seen a SWAT team in action, and I am scarred enough from just having watched the ominous Boston marathon house searches. Some cities have violent sectors and I wonder how much of a chance ordinary LEOs would have in gang areas without the extra protection though.
edit on 7-7-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Why is it that almost everytime I see one of these threads,I can predict who posted it?

It is either you or whyamIhere.
Agenda much?

Did you get a bad speeding ticket or something?

There was a call a few weeks ago about a man with a gun....that turned out to be me.
I got my knives back and got a handshake with it....whats your issue with the police?

edit on 7-7-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I had no idea the number was that large. That is freakin insane. We can thank the failed "War on Drugs" for an overwhelming majority of these. When are we as a people going stand together and demand an end to it? It's costing us a fortune, resulting in millions of arrests for non-violent crimes, lining the pockets of criminals and apparently resulting in tens of thousands of SWAT incursions per year which as we all know from various news stories, puts innocent people at great risk of harm.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well, we've finally found the Terrorists. And they are us. Or U.S.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Another Day, Another 124 Violent SWAT Raids.

It's 3:00 a.m. Your children are screaming and your dog is lying dead in a pool of blood. Scorch marks and shattered glass cover the floor. You're being held at gunpoint by towering figures wearing black and holding AK-47s.

This isn't a Hollywood movie set. Odds are this is a predawn SWAT raid targeting a family of color. Mission objective: search the home for a small amount of drugs.

There are an estimated 45,000 SWAT raids every year. That means this sort of violent, paramilitary raid is happening in about 124 homes every day – or more likely every night – not in an overseas combat zone, but here in American neighborhoods. The police, who are supposed to serve and protect communities, are instead waging war on the people who live in them.

The number is kind of staggering when you think about it and it may be a bit low.

According to this source, there are now 80,000 SWAT raids per year which averages to 219 per day...

The ACLU makes sense on some issues but is completely wrong on others.

Still, I think its good when people from different camps can come together/agree on issues. Libertarians and real conservatives would probably agree with ACLU on this one.

The more the better, because this really needs to stop.

WTF!! Is that a transformer they got there or what? Why do they feel the need for a type of motor like that

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun
You might just be right if there was not so damn much material for them to post!
But seeing as how there are too many bad cop stories to list every single day...
Terrorism over a substance that makes people happy is just so....Bizzarro world.
I dislike apologists and their agendas.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

There are more idiot civilians than bad cops.
These idiots who keep posting this garbage are more than ignorant.
Did you get a speeding ticket too,hence why you might be defending the ignorant BS?

If you look for a grasshopper,you might find one....if you look for idiotic crap to post....I am sure it will be done and you will find enough crap to post about while knowing nothing....its pretty standard here.

Terrorism and bad cops????
Get a clue please.

I dislike apologists and their agendas.

The feeling is mutual.
edit on 7-7-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Someone has to do it.

People need to be made aware.

No?

ETA:

Just read your second post...

Are you a cop?

Bad cops are a serious problem in US cities.

They are literally getting away with murder.
edit on 7-7-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Swat using AK-47s now!

...i really liked the H&K mp90

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
So please give up some facts to bolster your position, I will wait.
My proof lies in the swarm of bad cop videos coming out every day.
You build your castle on sand me thinks.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It's cowboys and Indians.

With our laws set up they way they are, there are plenty of Indians to chase after. Those SWAT raids are necessary for justifying an even bigger budget next year.

(post by DrumsRfun removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: g146541

You're a moron me thinks......please quit being dumb and catering to dummies while asking me dumb questions.
THIS is part of the problem...too many morons and too many dumb questions.

YOU give me proof or knock it off.....don't ask me....show me.

Thanks for the adhom there, your foundation is crumbling.
You would really ask me for proof of the obvious??
Try a google search of crooked cops, that should supply you with enough material to keep you reading and viewing until 2015.
I suggest that if you are truly as angry as your type appears, the cognitive dissonance dam is about to burst.
It's hard when you find out your heroes are actually the villains.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I'm with you on one thing here...I can't stand the ACLU and I'm conservative on nearly every social issue in America, but I totally agree with them. We are living in a police state and it's only getting worse. Something has to give soon. I got pulled over a few days ago for speeding and they had us pulled over to the side of the road for nearly 45 minutes, and another officer pulled up behind him. My wife and I were both very nervous as if we had done something terribly wrong and all I could think about was how many stories and vids I've read and seen on ATS. I told the wife we should be recording this. In the end, the officer came up and apologized because computers were down and that's why it took so long. Geez. I had my kids in the car and I didn't even feel safe anymore from the police. It's becoming an us against them mentality and it's because of their over-aggressive behaviors and their abusive tactics, such as these unnecessary SWAT raids that more often than not, put innocent people in harm's way. It has too stop. Lawmakers better act soon before the American people start acting on their own. But, I think it's too late for that because even the US court system has sided with this "cops are above the law" baloney, and once that has happened...we're screwed. It's how Hitler took over Germany and Stalin took over Russia. They both had the backing of the courts.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
Very sobering to think about. I have been fortunate to have never seen a SWAT team in action, and I am scarred enough from just having watched the ominous Boston marathon house searches. Some cities have violent sectors and I wonder how much of a chance ordinary LEOs would have in gang areas without the extra protection though.

have you seen the movie "training day" if not you will get some insight into how the gang areas and dealt with

with all these raids going on i wonder how long until we hear about people pointing loaded shotguns at their front doors with a string trigger attached
edit on 7-7-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Respectfully, perhaps the American public have the L.E.O. agencies required to maintain law and order, amid an increasingly belligerent, ignorant, feckless, angry, I - know - my - rights society, armed with guns and gobs, but no thinking skills ?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

124per day in the U.S. means 2.5 per state each day. That's really not huge actually.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

219 swat raids per day?

Using AK-47's?
Russian Rifles.

okay lets look at just 1 swat raid. There are probably fifty people involved in all.
Police commissioner, police chief. captains and lt's. Trucks, gear, drivers, judges to sign warrants, prosecutors, at a cost of an average of $25.00 dollars per hour.

Each swat team raid is going to cost _____________.

Hysterical exaggeration produced by a male who was raised by a single mom.

top topics

join