It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1840 Wild Man...Detailed Account of Capture of a Possible BigFoot and Two Cubs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: whyamIhere

Cool find.

Anyone ever hear of that story where a guy was out in woods and a bigfoot ate his chewing tobacco and gagged on it? I think I might have asked this on here before but can't find it.

I have not heard of that one.

Did you hear about the guy that went into a cave to escape lightning ?

When he got in there a BigFoot was hiding in the back of the cave.

H left an apple on a rock for the Creature. The apple was gone on his return.

The tobacco story is a famous story from here in BC, Canada. Essentially a hunter-trapper was captured by a family of samsquatch and was held captive in their cave for like two weeks. Eventually the big samsquatches left one day to find food and so the guy was left with the younger samsquatch. He managed to get it to eat a handful of tobacco, which subdued it and the guy ran away. This was near Squamish, I believe.

Another story from BC is from a small town near the coast, where a samsquatch got smoked by a train (late 1800s) and fell down an embankment to the side of a river (probably the Fraser). The train crew stopped the train and gathered the samsquatch, who was still alive and held him captive for some time.

This chick I was seeing earlier this year was telling me about an instance from her hometown in the Kootaneys (eastern BC) where a friend of her's was walking a dog in the bush and the dog started freaking out. The girl saw a huge severed samsquatch hand laying on the trail ahead of her. Apparently she was terrified because her dog was acting like something big was in the bush right beside the hand, so she quickly took a picture of the hand with her phone and booked it (she did not take the hand because it "felt like a trap", much to my chagrin). The girl who was telling me this story was 100% convinced of the photos authenticity. She said it looked like a huge leather glove, except when you look harder you can see real details and, of course, the gore associated with loosing your hand. Unfortunately we had a falling out involving my ex-girlfriend (which was definitely a trap) so I was unable to press her any further to obtain this photo. Such a shame.
edit on 10-7-2014 by Vovin because: Delimiting some details

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here's the full article.

edit on 29-7-2014 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This is not the only account of this nature. Even accounts of finding huge human-like footprints date back to early North American explorers. Native American accounts abound as well. It should be noted that virtually every Native tribe in North America has a different name for the same animal, what we have come to know as bigfoot. And they attributed almost identical characteristics to these animals as well, which suggests it is based in reality. I know bigfoot is a reality because I've had an encounter. I've had some ghost encounters as well. Never had an alien encounter though. So those two things I am adamant exist in our reality. I don't think people realize how unlikely it would be for bigfoot to not exist. There is so much evidence, heck even the thousands upon thousands of corroborating eyewitness accounts is compelling evidence.

And what I find most compelling is that what few details are available in this report mesh extremely well with later accounts. They also mesh with Native American accounts. There are many other interesting reports from the 19th century, and some of my favorites are from the early 20th century. The Ostman account for instance. It sounds fantastic until you realize that everything he described fits precisely with what is known about the animals today. One day the animal will be proven to exist. I know they're out there, and so do thousands of other people. People assume they could not be so elusive, but they fail to truly appreciate both their intelligence and their instincts. They are adept in their environment instinctually speaking, and when you couple that with intelligence you end up with something like bigfoot. It is smarter than any other non-human primate. Definitely not as intelligent as humans, but it is scary once you realize it is smarter than chimps or gorillas, who are themselves relatively intelligent.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

I am finding lots of these stories at the online Library of Congress.

The hard part is....They didn't call them BigFoots.

I would really like to get some help searching.

I have found three excellent accounts using search terms like:

Wild man, Ape Man....I wish we could work together on a thread.

With 10 researchers could you imagine what we can find.

I found a picture from 100 years ago with a dead baby hanging next to the guy that shot him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join