It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA tracking 9 out of 10 Ordinary Americans in files received according to Wash Post and Documents

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Thank you for the small miracle. Thanks for standing up for the NSA I am sure your check is in the mail.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Speaking of NCIS, when does the latest season start?

I don't own a TV and really like Gibbs and his team.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Then I bow out of this thread with the truth clearly on display for those with the intellect to discern.

Good day.

Funny all I see is someone clearly embracing IGNORANCE willfully.

Voter databases
www.usatoday.com...

The NSA is a signals intelligence organization that is what they do.

They collect data in a myriad of ways.

They just don't collect phone numbers as some people WANT to believe.

They record conversations. That use programs that search for a set of predetermined words,

They do the same for Emails. Chat conversations, and even postings on forums.

That's their JOBS.
edit on 7-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The DEA thinks about up 50% of people are involved in the illicit drug trade, this includes all low end buyers.

Of course this figures varies, in a gated upper middle class community it is more like 10% who somehow support that business, perhaps higher. I am just doing guess work.

Now in a poorer sub-urban area this figure is much higher, maybe 90% are involved at some point in their life.

This reality gives the cowboys plenty of Indians to chase after.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It not 9 out of 10.

It's 10 out of 10...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

The DEA thinks about up 50% of people are involved in the illicit drug trade, this includes all low end buyers.

Lulz... I was reading something the other day about the demographics of the people living in the Brookings OR and Northern California coastal cities; this includes the legendary 'Emerald Triangle'.

It listed #1 source of income, retirement, and #2...'other'..

But back to the OP, you would think with all that eavesdropping they would realize by now how utterly seething angry everyone is, especially at the lack of the Justice Department (heh) indicting banking criminals. Of course, they're running the show, and you can buy lots of goons and bribe lots of people with a few trillion, so...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but your lies must be called out more.

The first link:

If you voted this election season, President Obama almost certainly has a file on you. His vast campaign database includes information on voters’ magazine subscriptions, car registrations, housing values and hunting licenses, along with scores estimating how likely they were to cast ballots for his reelection.

The database consists of voting records and political donation histories bolstered by vast amounts of personal but publicly available consumer data, say campaign officials and others familiar with the operation. It could record hundreds of pieces of information for each voter.

First, you attempt to obfuscate the issue, by mixing up a list the president has which includes public data, with information inside NSA databases of targeted individuals.

Your second link has to do with obamacare, not the NSA.

You're either a sloppy paranoid, or deliberately trying to work up fools on this site.

The NSA has a database which channels all incoming traffic from internet users in the US into their center, and anyone who knows anything about PRISM and their sister programs is aware of this. This is no way has to do with being particularly targeted. It's IMPOSSIBLE to give enough resources to 9 out of 10 Americans. Basic common sense should suffice, but that doesn't stop people within this thread from rolling with it.

You lack common sense, sir.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I used to think that dale gribbles character was a loon. Until his character was proven right.
Funny huh?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

What lies ?

The NSA spies on us EVEN this guys says so.

That guy a 'LIAR" ?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

So much for leaving the thread. Talk about lies.??? I am quoting a article and history if Snowden releases which I have followed very closely. I understand you have a reason apparently to blur the actual issue here and try and derail this thread. I am sure your masters will give you a bonus for a job well done. Apparently your alliegence to the NSA has blinded you from the truth of what is going on.

Please watch this before removing any doubt you are an idiot.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Then perhaps you truly don't understand these multiple differences that you're attempting to combine into one thing.

*sigh*

Then I wonder why I continue to even try with you.

First off, targeting. It means being particularly focused on. So within the context of this thread, "targeting" was what the NSA did for leads onto supposed terrorists. 9 out of ten were not the intended targets. That's because they look multiple hops out. Already known for a long time. To state it as it was in the original post, is misleading. It's propaganda.

Second, the NSA has a center, where all inoming traffic is funneled. This in no way meets the requirement for "targeting". It's unfocused, mass gathering of info. It's to analyze information in retrospect, after leads have already been established, mainly.

Third, there ARE Americans that are particularly targeted, and it's anyone in this threads assumption as to what percentage that truly is. Our guesses likely differ. I'd go with, less than 1%. It's not worth their resources, nor do they have the man-power, to have live agents looking into millions of Americans, with any detail.

What makes most sense is that there are tiers of being flagged, and with each step up the ladder, you increase the odds of having more resources thrown to check you out, and perhaps have live agents doing their job. It is spooky, it's easy to get some fear over this, but overall, this is the freaking NSA, not your average cop who may be a moron (or not, many are bright), whose role it is to protect the US from perceived threats at the national level. I'm not worried about them. Nothing I do could cause me to get flagged enough to be put in a prison system, and if that were the case, it would be just as likely as me winning the lotto (I don't play). Freak accidents/luck do/es happen, but it's not something to be irrational about.
edit on 7-7-2014 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GArnold

Yes, you lied, and continue to backpedal.

Yes, I decided to stand my ground, and not take the ridiculous allegations tossed my way.

Your link in no way proves your point. See my above post. I go over a lot of this. Do you think I'm not aware that the NSA can hack into just about anything and spy? Would you rather our agency which is tasked with keeping the US safe from attacks from cells of enemies not have this capability? Do you bizarrely think that some Americans, full US citizens, are not part of these cells?

How does that have ANY relevance to your lies in this thread?

edit on 7-7-2014 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

What lies lol? I am quoting a news source? My god are you deranged or what? What is your major malfunction here? 90% of what I posted was directly quoted from the Wash Post article. If your gonna bitch and moan which apparently you are. Please refer all questions to the Wash Post editorial board. I am fairly sure since they can view the documents and you cannot they have a better grasp on the truth here. I do not want any government agency overstepping the Constitution of the US which states....

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

www.law.cornell.edu...

Please go away and refer your insane arguments to the Washington Post and I insist you stop referring to me as a liar based on text I took directly from one of the most respected newspapers in the world.

Good day Sir. Please kick a dog on your way out.

It is appalling that you now have called two people in this thread liars based on your own ignorance. I have no doubt you have no followed the Snowden documents at all or even have the slightest understanding of the law. You cannot begin to convince me you watched the Frontline Documentary "The United States of Secrets". There is simply no way you have. Please go away or please stop referring to people as liars. If you have an issue with text I quoted please email the Washington Post.
edit on 7-7-2014 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

No, you're a liar, and I am in no way deranged in stating this truth.

I called out your mistake, you came back and apologized, but were still incorrect.

I attempted to show you your error, and you instead of realizing it, decided to lie.

Quite easy to see.

You are unwilling to admit that your quote was out of context. You are unwilling to admit that this, "9 out of 10" was in reference to not being intended targets, and divorced from the statement which is about Americans.

The whole truth was that "a number of them were Americans".

If you choose to take information out of context, and roll with it, I will rightfully label you willfully ignorant, and a liar.

No more energies on you.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Good now go away. Please email the Wash Post. Boston Globe, Reuters and the other source and point out that based on your limited understanding they are liars.

Again....

Headline from an actual News source

"Nine in ten NSA spying targets are ordinary Americans ".

Nine in ten NSA spying targets are ordinary Americans
- See more at: www.bignewsnetwork.com... puf

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I think that's quite inaccurate.

They've been tracking 10 out of 10 in all electricity based communications for more than 40 years. Certainly their tracking has increased as technology has increased.

And THEIR available tech has likely been 50 years ahead of the civilian sector's.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I agree that everyone is a target. I am just quoting 4 different sources. I could have found 240 more if I wanted to.

Obviously if you have no phone or cell or internet or iPad or whatnot... Chances are you are not being tracked. I fully believe the NSA has a database on every single American. I think the releases from Snowden and the NY Times, Guardian and Wash Post prove this without question. The documentary by Frontline is mind blowing and frankly scary beyond words. The NSA makes Big Brother look like an inept fool.

Nova.

Drones
www.pbs.org...

NSA
www.pbs.org...

Frontline

NSA
www.pbs.org...

Yet this guy appears in the thread and without basis calls me and another poster a liar. As I pointed out and apparently is beyond his reading level 90% of what I posted directly is from a news source. Yet he wants to name sling and call people he does not know liars based on information from legitimate well respected Pulitzer Prize winning News Sources. Yet this person does not offer up a single piece of evidence in any way to prove any information is a lie or wrong in any way beyond bickering over the use of English Language. He bases his argument apparently on what he "knows" and or "believes" to be true. I am honestly sick of being called a liar by someone who does not in any way know me. And without a single fact to back up his argument. Not one. I have been researching the NSA for years..

I have been researching since these words were posted in Wired Magazine 5 years ago roughly.

"The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say)"

Title of article.

"Under construction by contractors with top-secret clearances, the blandly named Utah Data Center is being built for the National Security Agency. A project of immense secrecy, it is the final piece in a complex puzzle assembled over the past decade. Its purpose: to intercept, decipher, analyze, and store vast swaths of the world’s communications as they zap down from satellites and zip through the underground and undersea cables of international, foreign, and domestic networks. The heavily fortified $2 billion center should be up and running in September 2013. Flowing through its servers and routers and stored in near-bottomless databases will be all forms of communication, including the complete contents of private emails, cell phone calls, and Google searches, as well as all sorts of personal data trails—parking receipts, travel itineraries, bookstore purchases, and other digital “pocket litter.” It is, in some measure, the realization of the “total information awareness” program created during the first term of the Bush administration—an effort that was killed by Congress in 2003 after it caused an outcry over its potential for invading Americans’ privacy.

But “this is more than just a data center,” says one senior intelligence official who until recently was involved with the program. The mammoth Bluffdale center will have another important and far more secret role that until now has gone unrevealed. It is also critical, he says, for breaking codes. And code-breaking is crucial, because much of the data that the center will handle—financial information, stock transactions, business deals, foreign military and diplomatic secrets, legal documents, confidential personal communications—will be heavily encrypted. According to another top official also involved with the program, the NSA made an enormous breakthrough several years ago in its ability to cryptanalyze, or break, unfathomably complex encryption systems employed by not only governments around the world but also many average computer users in the US. The upshot, according to this official: “Everybody’s a target; everybody with communication is a target.”

For the NSA, overflowing with tens of billions of dollars in post-9/11 budget awards, the cryptanalysis breakthrough came at a time of explosive growth, in size as well as in power. Established as an arm of the Department of Defense following Pearl Harbor, with the primary purpose of preventing another surprise assault, the NSA suffered a series of humiliations in the post-Cold War years. Caught offguard by an escalating series of terrorist attacks—the first World Trade Center bombing, the blowing up of US embassies in East Africa, the attack on the USS Cole in Yemen, and finally the devastation of 9/11—some began questioning the agency’s very reason for being. In response, the NSA has quietly been reborn. And while there is little indication that its actual effectiveness has improved—after all, despite numerous pieces of evidence and intelligence-gathering opportunities, it missed the near-disastrous attempted attacks by the underwear bomber on a flight to Detroit in 2009 and by the car bomber in Times Square in 2010—there is no doubt that it has transformed itself into the largest, most covert, and potentially most intrusive intelligence agency ever created.

In the process—and for the first time since Watergate and the other scandals of the Nixon administration—the NSA has turned its surveillance apparatus on the US and its citizens. It has established listening posts throughout the nation to collect and sift through billions of email messages and phone calls, whether they originate within the country or overseas. It has created a supercomputer of almost unimaginable speed to look for patterns and unscramble codes. Finally, the agency has begun building a place to store all the trillions of words and thoughts and whispers captured in its electronic net. And, of course, it’s all being done in secret. To those on the inside, the old adage that NSA stands for Never Say Anything applies more than ever."

www.wired.com...

/

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Among the most valuable contents — which The Post will not describe in detail, to avoid interfering with ongoing operations — are fresh revelations about a secret overseas nuclear project, double-dealing by an ostensible ally, a military calamity that befell an unfriendly power, and the identities of aggressive intruders into U.S. computer networks.

Oh and some question "hay what happened to those weapons of mass destruction Sadam was said to have had". Maybe some "ostensible ally" moved them out before the war started.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

Then I bow out of this thread with the truth clearly on display for those with the intellect to discern.

Good day.

I feel your pain.

Still scratching my head.

I will bet something of great value that "account holders" doesn't represent nine out of ten Americans.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Yea they are not going to let anything slip. They have the technology so why let anything go unnoticed.

Besides these folks are ultimate fascinated at what makes the masses tic. How well has our brainwashing efforts done over the last 30 years. Ect ect. They have many reasons to know everything folks think, do and say. Cant control very well if you don't know what Jane and John Doe are thinking, talking about, watching on TV.

To be shocked many would to see that every email, voice and text communication, tv show watched, purchases made on card and/or store rewards card, library cards ect could be brought up in an instant on anyone. Easy to get a profile that way.

edit on 7-7-2014 by Logarock because: n

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join