It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REPORT: Feds to Bring in Riot Squad to Stop Illegal Immigration Protesters

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Night Star

And you think their are zero immigrants in those cities going through the same struggles that our people are??
I know that is what is getting parroted to you but that is just simply not true

So if that is the case, then why oh why would we keep taking in more poor people? That makes no sense to me.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

This article at Washington Post addresses that, note the correction at the bottom.

his cumulative numbers since taking office show Obama has removed a total of 1,974,688 people and returned 1,609,055 others.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said Monday that "most" unaccompanied minors attempting to enter the United States on the southern border will likely not qualify for humanitarian relief and will be deported.

In the administration's sharpest language to date on the issue of what is going to happen to the tide of women and children entering the country on the southwest border, Earnest told reporters that the children, mostly minors from Central America, are processed under a 2008 law meant to combat the trafficking of minors. Earnest said that the children who are apprehended at the border must be processed through the legal system, but it is unlikely that most of them will be allowed into the United States on humanitarian grounds.

"It's our view that it's unlikely that most of these kids will qualify for humanitarian relief. If they don't qualify for humanitarian relief," Earnest said, "they will be sent back."

WP

These statements scare me.

In the past, we've seen too many statements turned around later.

The more they emphasize, the more they mean the opposite IMO.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Thank you for the link. I'll read it a few times to try to chew apart what the writer is saying. Even he admits the laws/numbers confuse him. But thanks for the info none the less.

edit on 8-7-2014 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

The bill of rights covers all men. Not just people that were lucky enough to be born on in the US

Not 100% accurate.

SCOTUS has ruled on many occasions IA's have the same fundamental rights as American citizens while they are here. Not all rights, but some. Can't vote, posses firearms, run for office, etc. In addition, while they are here, they bear the same responsibilities as US Citizens. They must obey laws, pay taxes, etc.

HOWEVER, they do not have the right to REMAIN here. They have to go. As far as I know, there is no plan for that right now.

The part which pisses me off about the whole deal is this was planned. The responses were calculated. These children were used to achieve a political end. The care of these kids was a distant second. Any attempt to oppose the Feds on this action is now portrayed anti-children which is hypocritical at a criminal level.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Then maybe they should be taking to the streets in their own country like we are taking to the streets in ours. If they want a better life they need to go make one. It sounds harsh but whatever. We got our own issues to deal with and they are really complicating matters.
edit on 8-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Read the link. This information is from a press secretary. The rest of the article makes little sense.

Most of these kids will supposedly be processed under a 2008 law set up to battle trafficking in children....but most will still go home. WTF? I lost count of the number of qualifiers in the statements from various officials. Good thing it's only going to cost an additional $2 Billion...for now.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WAstateMosin
I doubt that is the case. These children are getting a roof over their heads, foodstamps, drivers license for the adults, free education and more than likely medicaid. You know all the stuff we pay for but don't qualify to recieve. And of course they don't even have to learn our language. They'll just eventually move into the neighborhoods that have already become primarily Spanish speaking communites and be right at home without ever having to jump through the hoops that legal immigrants have had to do in the past.
Obama said it was time for a change, how do ya'll like him now that voted for him, change isn't so good is it?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas
The border between Mexico and Guatemala has killer cactus planted in the no man's zone. We have technology backed by guys with guns.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
So after all this outrage about this claim of officers in riot gear coming in, can any one produce a picture or an article of it actually happening???

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

So after all this outrage about this claim of officers in riot gear coming in, can any one produce a picture or an article of it actually happening???

The manner in which the administration blatantly lies to the US citizens should be criminal - See below
Policy - CBP Addresses Humanitarian Challenges of Unaccompanied Child Migrants

The message from the U.S. government on immigration is clear—if you cross illegally into the U.S.:
•you cannot earn a path to citizenship;
•you are not eligible for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA;
•you will not get papers that allow you to stay; and
•you are putting yourself, or your child, in danger.

So while the administration lies from one of its 2 faces, the other is telling illegal immigrants how to obtain free foodstamps -
Omnibus Spending Bill Continues Funding Food Stamp Ads in Mexico

Breitbart - SOURCE: Feds to Bring in Riot Squad Against Illegal Immigration Protesters

HOUSTON, Texas--As illegal immigrants continue to spill across the U.S.-Mexico border, federal authorities are attempting to relocate the migrants from South Texas to housing facilities in states across the nation. One such facility is located in Murrieta, California, where a large group of protesters recently blocked a bus full of migrants from arriving. The protesters remain there, adamant that illegal immigrants don't get dumped in their town. But soon the concerned citizens may be forced to step down--Breitbart Texas has learned that federal agents plan to arrive in Murrieta on Monday with riot gear to ensure that another busload makes it to the housing facility.

Jeremy Oliver, a resident of Temecula, California--a town that neighbors Murrieta--told Breitbart Texas that local police officers warned the protesters that "it's going to get ugly."

Oliver said, "The feds are pissed that they haven't been able to use this facility. Officers out there warned people that federal agents will be in Murrieta on Monday--they are going to get the next bus through no matter what. Riot gear and shields will be used to push the crowd back."

John Henry, a Murrieta resident since 1991, was told the same thing by local officers.

"We're being told that federal Marshals or ICE will be here in the next few days and that they are bringing riot gear," Henry said. "They're apparently going to be blocking off the street with concrete blockades so that no vehicles can get through. The River County Sheriff's Department showed up last night and brought a huge watch tower that shoots up into the air 35 feet."

Click link for remainder of article, including videos.

Sources -
* - USA Today - Dueling immigration rallies in Calif. town; 6 arrested
* - Bus Full of Illegal Immigrants Met by Furious Protesters in California
* - Customs and Border Protection Agency Caught Lying to Public
* - BREAKING: Border Patrol Sector to Release 500 Illegal Aliens Per Week into US
* - U.S. cancels plans to fly illegal immigrants from southern border to California
* - Texas County Spends $68K in Two Weeks on Services for Illegal Immigrants

Something people must understand -
Protesting is lawful.
Blocking a public right of way is not lawful, whether it is the entrance to another street, a business, or building. Individuals blocking those areas can be arrested however they are not arrested for protesting.

After reading more articles it appears the protestors are blocking the roads / entrances into and out of Border Patrol facilities. With that said I understand why they are blocking those facilities and a large part of me agrees with their actions based solely on the fact the Federal Government is not listening to the American people and is hell bent on taking action the bulk of citizens do not agree with.

Its sad when the Obama administration is more concerned with protecting the rights of illegal immigrants and does not appear to give a damn about the rights of the people they answer to.

This government, particularly Obama, has no business running a charity, let alone the United States Government. The level of ignorance and incompetence is breathtaking to say the least. Obama hops from failure to failure with the frequency of a cheap ham radio.

He is a disgrace and should resign.
edit on 8-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Well said sir.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch

Well said sir.

I added some more to my post after you posted / star'ed it. I wanted to make sure you knew that on the off chance you don't agree with the other things I posted.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I know the protest are happening, but wanted to see if there was confirmation of the officers in riot gear....
Cause that is what this thread is about and everyone was all up in arms about it.
And every single president is a disgrace, don't hold your breath that who ever gets elected in 16 will be any better.
Will be all kinds of impeachment lost for that prez too.
Notice you have more stories from the site that broke the story about the riot gear officers, seems they might be posting rumors as fact....
edit on thTue, 08 Jul 2014 22:48:50 -0500America/Chicago720145080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
They are going to do whatever they want.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Obama has taken first place in disgrace.

Breitbart, imo, has done a decent job of supporting the claims being made, or at least researching them for sources. In this case the thread to use riot police was reported.

All things being equal I would prefer the claim be an actual rumor than actual fact. However, based on this administrations arrogance and ability to blame anyone and everyone else for their own stupidity tells me they will most likely act in the manner described.

As I pointed out above blocking the road meets the criteria to remove those protestors. This government though is severely underestimating the anger and resentment they have created with the American people.

If we don't see riot police in the next week then I would be glad to consider this noting but a hoax and support moving the thread to the hoax bin. Something tells me the Feds are not this intelligent and will act.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

How? They blocked the freedom of the press and reporters. Oh and by the way don't bother protesting because you don't have that right either.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I added some more to my post after you posted / star'ed it. I wanted to make sure you knew that on the off chance you don't agree with the other things I posted.

No, star well deserved. You would have had to come completely out of left field and said something like you were the reincarnation of buddah for me to take that back....lol. Obama sucks. It makes me mad cuz I'm black and we finally get one and he is just the worst. Lol. I'd almost rather have bush still be president. It really burns me up that he is so incapable.

edit on 8-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sean

First off nothing has happened yet so get your facts straight.
They are not stopping the protest, the very most is they were going to clear the streets.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

a reply to: sean

First off nothing has happened yet so get your facts straight.
They are not stopping the protest, the very most is they were going to clear the streets.

Before running your mouth read my posts and understand them. Had you done that first you would have seen where I talked about Protestors, blocking public rights of way, and removing them.

Telling me I am making a claim when im not is pretty asinine on you part.
edit on 9-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join