It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Ditching Hillary For ‘Mini-Me’ Elizabeth Warren: Edward Klein

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
I can't argue with your point. The proof that Bill stumped for Barack as per a deal is, indeed, circumstantial, at best.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Maybe you could start a list of pros and cons for "Liz".

In the list of 'CONS' for Elizabeth Warren -

Cherokee Genealogist to Elizabeth Warren - Your Native American Issue Has Not Been Put To Rest
His Quote -

You say your “ancestry” played no roll in your hiring. That is not the only issue. You were listed as a minority in diversity reports. That is an issue. You admit you made the schools aware of your “heritage.” They counted you as a minority in their reports to the federal government when the criteria to list you as such had a two part requirement – you had to have both the ancestry and maintain tribal ties. Something you did or said led the two schools in question to believe you met those requirements despite the fact you didn’t….

You continue to skate around the issue by repeating the same story you heard growing up. You say you didn’t ask for documentation because you were a child. Excuse me, but you were not a child when you started “checking the box”; listing yourself in law directories as a minority; or were counted as a Native American for diversity reports.

You were instead, an adult, 37 years old, and a lawyer, when you professionally “became” Native American. To make matters worse, your mother was still alive. Maybe children don’t ask for documentation, but adult lawyers should….

As of today, you still refuse to release your personnel records from the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard Law School. If there is nothing to hide, why? …

I love that .... "when she professionally became Native American" ... wow .... that nails it.

She also lied about her parents saying they were 'forced to elope' because her mother was native american indian. That lie was debunked. Warren never explained herself properly for this lie -

"Eloped" Elizabeth Warren Parents Married in Religious Ceremony

Other Warren Lies and Screw Ups

Warren’s claim to fame, which made her the darling of proglodytes, is as a champion of the underdog against avaricious corporations. In the debate, Brown cast doubt on this image when he questioned Warren’s decision to represent Travelers Insurance in its 2009 attempt to avoid paying compensation to thousands of workers with asbestos poisoning. Warren insisted that by representing Travelers (“it was an insurance company versus another insurance company” she later explained), she actually helped the poisoned workers by getting Travelers to set up a trust fund, which was better than nothing. The settlement was later negated by the Supreme Court, leaving the victims with nothing.

Less clear is how Warren was aiding the downtrodden when she represented LTV Steel in 1995, when they attempted to renege on health & pension benefits to thousands of retired coal miners.

Warren has also served, in an advisory or litigating capacity, the following clients in their attempts to use Chapter 11 legalities to avoid liabilities for asbestos poisoning: Kaiser Aluminum; Dow Chemical; Johns Manville; National Gypsum; Fuller Austin; Fairchild Aviation; Piper Aircraft; Babcock & Wilcox Company; Pittsburgh Coming Corporation; Owens Coming Corporation; Armstrong World Industries, Inc.; W.R. Grace & Company; G-1 Holdings, Inc.; United States Gypsum Corporation; Federal-Mogul Global, Inc.; North American Refractories Company

Her Bar status was inactive in Texas and yet she claimed it to be active.
She resigned from the New Jersey bar suddenly and without explanation.
She's been practicing law in Massachussetts without a license. She calls it 'dabbling'.

Elizabeth Warren Massachusetts Bar Controversy

In September 2012, it was revealed that despite rendering legal services from her offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts using her law school address since sometime in the mid-1990s, Warren was not licensed to practice law in Massachusetts.[1]

Warren refused to disclose[2] the full extent of her private law practice when asked by The Boston Globe. A list of cases later produced by Warren to The Boston Globe shortly before a Senatorial debate was incomplete.[3]

As of 2002, Warren had at least 10 private legal matters[4] and charged $675 per hour.[5] Research revealed that there were at least 22 court cases in which Warren represented clients from her office in Massachusetts.

Warren listed her Massachusetts office as her “primary practice location” in her registration with the Texas Bar.[6] In an interview with a local radio station, Warren acknowledged that she was not licensed in Massachusetts and stated that the did not practice law in Massachusetts.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Maybe we need to wash the laundry first this time before putting it in the dryer ?

Bill Richardson and Evan Bayh would make a really good POTUS/VPOTUS ticket for the dems. They both could do the job and they both have great resumes. They have been well vetted. I don't understand the dem need lately to go for inexperienced people who aren't up for the job. Warren is a female Obama.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Good points about Warren being a "possible" pathological liar.

The impacts of these lies are enormous and probably will outweigh any positives that could be dreamed up (or fabricated) by supporters.

On the pros/cons point scale, this put hers at

Next ?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
At least Warren specializes in Bankruptcy Law..... that might help her if she ever makes it to office. The timing would seem right, if not perfect ... ??

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Warren strikes me as the perfect 'MINI-SHE' for Obama.
I wonder if she'll refer to him as "Kemosabi" from now on.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
ARGH!
Okay .. I'll ask ...just for fun.
Elizabeth Warren Vs Bill Richardson? Who would you pick.

That's a TOUGH one!

I disagree with Richardson: homosexuality is a choice (but he's comfortable with marriage equality), he doesn't want any drug legalization, and supports expanding the military.

I disagree with Warren in that she's a strong gun control advocate and doesn't want outright MJ legalization, but seems more open to it. I agree with her stance on minorities, marriage equality and she doesn't want to expand the military.

Both support Obamacare, the stimulus, want us to stay out of Iran, want to prioritize green energy and favor stricter limits on political campaign funding. I like both stances on immigration.

So, it's pretty much a wash for me, but taking experience into consideration (you're about to be very happy) right now, I would have to go with my ex-governor, Bill Richardson (I REALLY miss him!!!). That may change as I find out more about both of their political stances, so don't hold me to it.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
They've been grooming Elizabeth Warren ever since she got into the Senate.

All I can say is that I'm not surprised, and God help us, because as a Senator, she's already dangerous enough.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Wow. We might actually agree on a politician. Now if you think Bill Richardson and Evan Bayh are good ticket (the best ticket?) for the dems like I do, I'll be close to fainting from surprise.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Clinton and Warren ?

OBama ?

Isn't that a choice of dumb, and dumber, and damn right stupid ?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

How about Bill Richardson and Elizabeth Warren. LOL Honestly, I don't know anything about Evan Bayh. But I doubt Richardson will be in the running.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

All I can say is that I'm not surprised, and God help us, because as a Senator, she's already dangerous enough.

She's a phony just like Obama.

She claims to be some big liberal. But all the things she champions are just ways of aiding the banks and insurance companies.

So, yes, she's yet another carefully groomed puppet.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

She claims to be some big liberal.

Lots of people claim that.

The reality is they are the antithesis of what the word means.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Go Elizabeth Warren, America needs an Indian in the White House

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
IMO the problem with Warren from a political angle is that she would loose the voters the dems need to win….The lower middle class white vote in Ohio, Virginia and Pennsylvania. Warren would be viewed as too liberal.

Hillary’s stature lends her some charisma Warren doesn’t and likely will not have. For some reason the people in those states trust Hillary even though she is labeled a liberal.

If Obama pushes Warren it’s because he is being paid or bribed by someone to throw the electing to the GOP

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

Not quite true. Voters have been saying Warren 2016 since she ran for and won her Senate seat. She herself has said she won't be running in 2016.
edit on 7/7/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
This is good news for Biden. While Hillary and Warren duke it out, he might sneak past them with his clueless goofiness.

I don't even think TBTB know who they want. Though they're probably somewhere between a one-term Dem and a Republican.

But a puppet either way. And Warren or Biden is better puppet material than Hillary.

His goofiness, cluelessness isn't slipping by anybody..at least with a brain.
If you even pay attention to the slightest bit of politics, Ole Joe isn't energizing anyone.

edit on 7/7/2014 by mugger because: sp.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Dear FF, I am quite impressed that you say that Hillary has a great resume and is proven capable. Who am I to argue with you? But then you go on to say that Elizabeth Warren is an airhead. I think that I got a case of whiplash. You are either praising Hillary or trashing Warren. Either way, does that make you a solid Democrat? p.s. I happen to agree with you about Hillary, but that doesn't mean that I don't prefer Elizabeth Warren. Oh the horrors!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mugger

originally posted by: Moresby
This is good news for Biden. While Hillary and Warren duke it out, he might sneak past them with his clueless goofiness.

I don't even think TBTB know who they want. Though they're probably somewhere between a one-term Dem and a Republican.

But a puppet either way. And Warren or Biden is better puppet material than Hillary.

His goofiness, cluelessness isn't slipping by anybody..at least with a brain.
If you even pay attention to the slightest bit of politics, Ole Joe isn't energizing anyone.

Are you old enough to remember Reagan or Ford?

Cluelessness and goofiness are great tools to have if you want to become president.

Hell, we have a president now that can't get through a sentence without eight million "ums" and "ahs", unless he has a teleprompter in front of him.

As Deep Throat says in the movie ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN:

"Forget the myths the media's created about the White House. The truth is, these are not very bright guys ..."

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
How about Bill Richardson and Elizabeth Warren.

Nope. She backed big business who fought against injured Americans. Can't do it. Oh well. We were close to an agreement. If you ditch her for Evan Bayh then you and I might be able to actually make a joint endorsement on ATS for 2016. Time will tell ....

The only republican I can see worth a consideration would be Huntsman for VP. I don't see a viable POTUS candidate for them on the horizon at this time.

originally posted by: Diderot
does that make you a solid Democrat?

EEEEK NO. I"m not a solid political anything.
edit on 7/7/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join