It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Typhoon Neoguri Approaching Japan - CAT. 5 WILL SLAM INTO OKINAWA, THEN MOVE N. ACROSS JAPAN

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Wouldn't you think that a hurricane would cause plate movement as it batters Japan's shores?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Wouldn't you think that a hurricane would cause plate movement as it batters Japan's shores?

I would certainly think so, being a category 5.

I recommend the Japanese put their plates in a safe place as to prevent further movement.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It is making some waves in Japan

edit on 8-7-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Those poor people, haven't they suffered enough from Nature. They must live in one of the most dangerous parts of the world. I do fear for the elderly and vulnerable there, although I know their services are very experienced and fast off the starter when something happens, its hateful to see people suffer so because of the disruption to things like food supplies, fresh water and everything else one uses without fear daily, to say nothing of the psychological pain of seeing your home area decimated.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
This might sound insane but could Japan be targeted using HAARP?
I wish the best for everyone there.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Well I haven't watched the news yet, so I don't know about Okinawa being damaged. But we live in what maybe in the path of this typhoon. Should hit our area on Japan/Thursday time. News yesterday said, this one is the biggest on record. Kind of bad for us since the river is in our backyard. High tide comes in at the time of this typhoon, gosh, I'm afraid what to say. They say every 40 years some major flooding hits this area. I'll keep ya informed what I hear on tonights news.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Stay safe! Keep us posted if you can.

JT

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greenblaz

Stay safe! Keep us posted if you can.

JT

The typhoon has now slowed down. Rain forecast for the southern Japan will be as high as 600 millimeters. 26 years ago a typhoon slammed into the area and 46 people died in that area. This one they are saying is bigger. Mudslides are a great concern here and mandatory evacuation is being prepared for the worse, even as far as Tokyo. The slowness of the typhoon right now with the threat of heavy rain tomorrow is a real concern at the moment.

Thanks Greenblaz
edit on 07u05152014-07-08T08:15:05-05:00150507am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Here's an update:

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The absolute awesome power of a storm of this magnitude is impossible to prep for...though you should try.

All you can do is get out of its way if possible. Since you're on an island, that's tough to do.

Stay safe as possible.

Word can not describe the power of a storm of this size.

I've experienced storms of vicious power on the Bering Sea. Williwaws with winds pegging instruments at 160 mph, but much higher than that, and horizontal snow and rain, can be deadly. This storm dwarfs that... both in power and sheer magnitude.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Typhoon Neoguri Targets Mainland Japan After Sweeping Through Okinawa; 1 Dead

Typhoon Neoguri, the strongest typhoon so far in the 2014 Western Pacific season, is churning through the Ryukyu Island chain of far southern Japan, including Okinawa. Parts of the Japanese mainland will feel Neoguri's effects over the next 48 hours.

link

On the #ISS MT @Astro_Alex: #Neoguri did not even fit in our fisheye lens view. I have never seen anything like this. pic.twitter.com/km0IyagyDB

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
According to the US Navy, it will be a Category 1 (64-82 kt) or less, by the time it's over Japan.

Link

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ionwind
According to the US Navy, it will be a Category 1 (64-82 kt) or less, by the time it's over Japan.

Hopefully with minimal loss of life and damages...
Thanks for the updates all

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Thank's for the update and again Sorry Japan's having some rough times!

Just so you know. Blessing and Prayers have been sent, Just about every trick one could muster. Being sent or on it way to you Japan!

Peace

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Can we also please think about those who would have got absolutely smashed by the full force category 5

Seriously 160mph sustained winds with gusts over 200mph is enough to make each and every one of you scream with fear, those poor people Japan's has suffered bit it looks as if they're not the issue here, luckily

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Hello! This Whole Planet people are being killed, sickness, torture, slaved and haven't even listed everything else!

You can send you Blessings, Love, Prayers. Everywhere at the same time! That's How Big your Heart Is! Some just have not Learned this yet.

Peace

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ionwind

Here's hoping so.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: ionwind

Here's hoping so.

Me too. It looks like Okinawa may have got the worst of it.

It's losing strength, its a Category 2 now (100 mph), and looks like it will hit southern Japan as a Category 1:

Weather Underground

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Man that sucks to hear. I hope all the islands of Japan have been warned and are talking appropriate action to deal with this.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

ahh, please don't take the bait, sir; he fishes every thread with that EA*RTH nonsense and then clumsily injects EA*RTH into off topic posts in awkward statements/replies

"Namaste"

edit on 9-7-2014 by Justshrug because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join