It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ReallyAboveTopSecret forum temporarily disabled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Sorry, but there are some serious performance issues related with the massive size of the user-access list for our paid-access forum, RATS. Until the issue is solved, we're disabling the forum. I don't expect it to be disabled for more than 24 hours.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
RATS is disabled? So that explains the blue handicapped tag that's been hanging from the rear view mirror... I take back all the bad things I ever said...

Social Security Monkeys, not just for 100% disability anymore...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Sorry, but there are some serious performance issues related with the massive size of the user-access list for our paid-access forum, RATS.

Until the issue is solved, we're disabling the forum. I don't expect it to be disabled for more than 24 hours.

Oh ok,
that will keep the trolls out

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
what does this mean for members of Rats already? will we have to pay for it again, or what?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I still don't have enough ATS points to buy acces...dang it...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Could a propellerhead or good samaritan explain in layman's terms, why a thing such as a Userlist (no matter how big) has such an effect on the performance of one Forum or all Forums?

I smell some RATS, LOL.

Hope to cook some up soon in that infested kitchen.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
From what i can tell...the list of users that can enter a restiricted forum such as RATS, has become to long and cant be added too. So its been taken down to fix this.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
From what i can tell...the list of users that can enter a restiricted forum such as RATS, has become to long and cant be added too. So its been taken down to fix this.

Sounds like it's time to apply a basic economic principle here. In times of increased demand the price goes up. Raise RATS cost to 15,000 points and that should help....

I just opened the door to flaming with this one

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Not even us RATS forum members can get in. It doesn't get any more secure than that!

But seriously folks, here's hoping the staff finds an elegant solution to a thorny problem.

[edit on 12/2/2004 by Majic]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I noticed the new pricing structure message now when accessing RATS. Will existing members get grandfathered in? Maybe those who have made worthwhile contributions get grandfathered in?

top topics

join