It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's politics, not science, driving climate mania:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Link to article.

Many temperature stations have closed, but rather than stop recording data from these posts, the authorities have taken the remarkable step of ‘estimating’ temperatures based on the records of surrounding stations.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... .html#ixzz36njIMd71

I agree that politics seems to play way to much into this subject. But I am just not understanding the point made here. We are closing stations that record temperatures and not building more? I used to work in the instrumentation field. I know first hand that this equipment is not expensive not hard to find.

At a time when the controversy is hitting fever pitch, we are just loosing interest? Or have the AGW proponents just given up?

Time will eventually tell the truth in all this, but to take a back seat seems to be the wrong angle from my window seat.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think it's politically charged to an extent that it doesn't matter if it's real or not anymore.

The Right has been pushing hard against it because it goes against the interests of big industrial companies.
The left has been fighting for it due to it's dedication to enviromental activism, and anti-corporate slogans, as well as the republican opposition to it.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You give politicians any sense of involvement over a scientific discussion and it quickly turns into taxes, campaign strategies, and rights destroying laws and regulations.

Scientists are busy discussing solar energy, wind, hydrogen, wave, and nuclear, and politicians are discussing ways to line their pockets.

We're facing a serious environmental problem. I think it's time to put the kids to bed(politicians) and let the scientists have a direct discussion with the people.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Maybe the AGW operatives have looked at this chart and realized the big picture of climate change?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

"Or have the AGW proponents just given up?"

It may be they've figured out there's no solution to AGW. If they win they lose because there's no solution to it.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
Maybe the AGW operatives have looked at this chart and realized the big picture of climate change?

Maybe you should stop using this terrible chart?

new topics

top topics

join