It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Body found on kiddie pool in river; man drowned, Harrison County coroner says

page: 1

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:04 AM
I have no idea where to put this story so Mods, move as needed.

I heard a report of this on radio earlier. Found only this account of it.

Apparently the body of a man who had drowned was found floating down the Licking River by fishermen. He was floating in a children's inflatable pool. Yep, that's what I get from the story----here's the link.

Is this just bad reporting or a real mystery---if a man is in a floating pool, how does he drown? If he dies of a heart attack---how does he drown?
I have no theories---just puzzled.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:55 AM
a reply to: diggindirt

Well, a man who drowns might have a heart attack midway through the drowning process, or the heart attack might have caused him to have his head underwater, and he might have breathed in water while fighting the heart attack.

There are all sorts of eventualities which might well play into this. There is certainly nothing overtly suspicious in the way the death has been described, with regard to the drowning. The fact that the fellow was floating in a kiddie pool on the river however, is another matter entirely! Who does that?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:46 AM
For those who DON'T want to be a member of

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:30 PM
a reply to: diggindirt
I've seen kiddy pools used as personal floatation devices, on Cumberland Lake, at that. It's like a round raft, but the floor allows for beers to travel with you.
In getting in, even when boarding from the dock, water gets in the pool, because the sides are so far apart in circumference, and the rings aren't big enough to allow enough air for bouyancy.
The guy could've had a medical emergency and drowned in the shallow water collected at the bottom of the pool.

Cumberland Lake after a storm dredges up all sorts of trash and the wind pushes it to shore to create debris islands- you wouldn't believe the junk people toss in the water.
The guy could've got pass out drunk, but in tossing his cans overboard, removed the evidence of his drinking. The report says no drugs or alcohol, but the final report isn't in, yet.
KY is a very slow moving world.
edit on 7-7-2014 by TheCounselor because: (no reason given)

top topics