It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

My thought on Yin and Yang.

page: 1

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:01 AM
so the Yin and Yang. It has been around for a very long time.

While letting my mind wander and think on different topics I thought about the Yin and Yang and what I felt it meant. I feel the Yin and Yang represents the past, present and future however they are all one. The dark side I believe, represents our current life and where we are at. Depending on our age to death ratio represents how far into that side we are and getting closer to the start of our next cycle. The second cycle however has already been completed we just don't know it yet. The reason I believe we have already completed the other cycle is because if you have one you must have the other. If you have both then they have already been done therefore past, present and future are all one we just don't know it yet.

Both black and white circles represents us in each cycle (I think our next cycle will be our true form and this one we are in now is just an illusion).

The other cycle has already been created and we have already been there we just don't remember yet. Once we reach that next stage it will become apparent to us. I feel that the Yin and Yang represents the simplest and best way to describe where we are at and where we are going. It also shows us that life is everlasting. Once we end our life here on earth we will start the next journey till the end where we will start fresh again. The life we live here determines the life we experience after this as the dark circle is brought into the light.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:11 AM
Just looking at it visually, my first thought is duality within the one and another duality further within the duality.
edit on 7-7-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:14 AM
The darkness is the space that the Light shines through.

"In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not." - John 1:4

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:20 AM
1 can associate the OP YIN / YAN image with the constant balance required between both energies-forces hence the wave line instead of a straight signifying the unbalances.
But these energies forces are parts within the WHOLE* or the perfect circle containing the energy forces which makes us ALL...
This is why 1 balances within the mid line consciously, as 1 tries to understand some of those energies-forces which many may find discomforting or even fear out of them being unknown and wish to only ignore and label as evol. Why at the same time those energies-forces may viewing those viewing them as evol in similar ways.
Yet we are all we?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:24 AM
I feel that yin and yang represent all pairs of complementary opposites that we experience in the everyday realm of duality. They are all contained within the outer circle, or Tao, which represents the non-dualism beyond dualism.

"Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two."

-The Buddha

edit on 688Monday000000America/ChicagoJul000000MondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:02 AM
a reply to: LightSource

I find it difficult NOT to view the yin-yang symbol as somehow representative of duality.

In an attempt to put forth my own unique perspective, I offer this: notice that the light can penetrate the darkness (the white hole on the black offers an opening), but the darkness cannot penetrate the light (the black dot on the white is just a blemish).

So while both need each other to properly define themselves, the light is stronger than the dark.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:52 PM
a reply to: LightSource

There has to be an opposite to most things. Such as:

This and that, up and down, right or left, here or there, go and stay, heaven and hell, good and bad, smart and dumb, car and truck, this way and that way, over and under, small and large, yes and no, dog an cat, rich and poor, ocean and land, fire and water, believers and non-believers, us and them, over and under, ring and poor, positve and negative, today and tomorrow, devil and angels etc, etc, etc...

I learned this long ago...that with the "Ying and Yang" of helps to keep your/ours/their balance.

new topics

top topics