It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air NZ cockpit lockout and MH370, is there a common factor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The title of this thread is drawn directly from This Article.

Silly as it may have been, the Air NZ incident reminds us that there is a hole in the 777 cockpit security arrangements, and while it was exploited by its own crew on this occasion, it could, might, maybe, have been exploited with evil intent on MH370.

Erm, hole in the 777 cockpit security arrangements. Hole, what hole ?, there shouldn't be any holes, cracks or gaps for gods sake. This is way, way past a facepalm event. As I sit here typing this my head is shaking in the negative direction.

The link above has two embedded links to two other articles, this is an extract from one of them;

In 1999, an EgyptAir Boeing 767 bound for Cairo from New York crashed with 217 people on board. Although disputed by Egyptian investigators, the US National Transportation Safety Bureau found the relief first officer had deliberately plunged the jet to the ground while the relief captain was out of the cockpit on a toilet break.

Madness.

I thought air security had been legitimately increased since 9-11 not just bodgied up to make it look secure.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
facepalm indeed. S&F sir.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell
Security...
LOL!
There is no such thing, only preparedness.
If a president can be killed, there is no such thing as security.
What I do see is huge amounts of paranoia under the guise of security, and we all buy the stories...

edit on 7-7-2014 by g146541 because: buy, guy whatever.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541

Security...
LOL!
There is no such thing,

That would seem to be the apparent reality.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Some of us don't buy into the stories. People like myself are more afraid of riding in cars than terrorists. A man such as myself isnt scared of someone with a box cutter who may try to hijack a plane. Especially compared to the results if they succeed. Some of us know you have a better chance of being killed by a police officer than a terrorist. I agree though....security is an illusion. Preparedness is the best one can hope for. As I stand here typing this message my roof could collapse on my house. It's not likely...but the world is that chaotic.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch

People like myself are more afraid of riding in cars than terrorists.

I had no idea.

Is that why they drive cabs?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
My only questions is why the LNP is pumping so much $$ into this lost cause which is not even Australia's responsibility.
When at the same time they claim Australia has such huge Commonwealth Gov budget deficit . A budget emergency indeed??

edit on 8-7-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
So, what's the point in this thread?

Yes it is possible to Lock the other guy or gal out of the flight deck. (that's one of the reasons why we hav one CA on the flight deck with the flying pilot while the other one is out)
What's the connection with MH370?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ivar_Karlsen

The point is that apparently you cannot be locked out of the cockpit.

The example pre 9-11 was that the co-pilot locked the door and subsequently slammed the plane into the ground, allegedly.

The NZ incident demonstrates that there is absolutely no cockpit security, none. It's possible MH370 could have been taken with with ease.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

If you're talking about Egypt Air 990, no he didn't. Both pilots were at the controls at the time of the crash. The relief pilot started the crash, and fought the Captain at the controls, and kept him from recovering the aircraft.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Fair call and thanks for that.

The point of this thread nevertheless remains, there is apparently no cockpit security in at least the Boeing 777 model.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The subject of this thread is a mis-direction exercise, synchronous to heightened efforts to detect the explosives used by the hijackers of MH370 to gain entry to the flightdeck.

The objective is to downplay the significance of the new electronic device rules being initiated on flights into the US.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Where is your proof that MH370 was hijacked let alone explosives were used? Your claim for that is just as valid as my claim that Barney the dinosaur suddenly appeared in mid air in front of MH370 causing it to crash.

You can't just say 'explosives were used'. There is absolutely no proof of that.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackDog10

Where is your proof that MH370 was hijacked let alone explosives were used? Your claim for that is just as valid as my claim that Barney the dinosaur suddenly appeared in mid air in front of MH370 causing it to crash.

You can't just say 'explosives were used'. There is absolutely no proof of that.

Explosives were delivered to a Malaysian Al Qaeda cell for the express purpose of breeching the cockpit door of an airliner. We have the testimony of the captured maker of the shoe bomb attesting to that.

We have new laws going in to effect to counter EXACTLY the armed takeover of an airliner.

Do the math.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Still not seeing any proof.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell--->The point is that apparently you cannot be locked out of the cockpit.

Yes you can.
There is a mechanical lock in addition to the electrical operated one, and once that is activated nobody is going to enter the flightdeck.
On earlier versions of the triple seven one could enter the cockpit through the electronics bay from the cabin, that option have been sealed off after 9/11.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

As detailed in the OP, there is apparently a workaround which quite rightly the airline is not willing to disclose.

If you know what it is, I don't won't to know and neither should anybody else know.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

If you know what it is, I don't won't to know and neither should anybody else know.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

My point is you have to be on the flightdeck to control the lock(s) on the cockpit door.

Most people have no chance laying their hands on a 777.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackDog10

Still not seeing any proof.

Nor will you, but there's no shortage of clues.

Laws about personal electronics on A/C don't change after accidental fires.

new topics

top topics

join