It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the Worst Supreme Court in History?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I believe the sitting Bush-appointed supreme court is the worst in the history of America. First they decided that it is perfectly OK for a government to take poor peoples' property to redevelop it for business so they can make lots of tax money off it. Then they issued the horrific and insane Citizens United ruling which claimed that organizations are citizens, so they have a right to spend money on campaign advertising, but unlike citizens who have at most a few thousand dollars to donate, these organizations can spend millions giving them in essence extra votes. Now we have the Hobby lobby decision which says that not only are corporations people, but religious people who don't have to follow laws they don't like. At they same time they ruled that unions have to support workers who don't pay their dues. To top it all off, in many of their decisions they reversed legal precedents which is the capital sin of the legal profession.

I seriously believe that there has never been a worse supreme court, at least not in modern history.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
That's right. Let's just keep talking about Bush and his administration/policies/toilet habits, etc. and let the failure we have in office right now just... Keep failing. All the while hoping for a smaller audience that is busy paying attention to the shiite that has already happened. Don't bother talking about the current shiite, or the shiite coming down the pike.

ETA - They all suck. They've always sucked and a they will continue to suck regardless.
edit on 7/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

In a word yes.

This is the most "activist" Supreme Court in history. They are creating Law to support Corporate Greed and Corporate exploitation.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I don't know...I'm sure Dredd Scott wasn't a fan of the courts that existed at the time he filed suit.

But yeah, I agree that it's pretty durn #ty.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

I don't know...I'm sure Dredd Scott wasn't a fan of the courts that existed at the time he filed suit.

But yeah, I agree that it's pretty durn #ty.

That's a good point...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The life term of the Supreme Court members was never intended by the framers of the constitution. They are the only "supreme" beings that enjoy that status.

Big, big problem as it turns out.

We ain't seen nothing yet.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Honestly I'm not sure. The Citizens United totally sucks. As far as telling the owners of Hobby Lobby they do not have to provide abortion inducing drugs as it goes against their religion I agree with.(Note I am not religious.)

I'm really PO'd at them for voting in favor of the government mandating that citizens must purchase a product though, obamacare is the worst failing I've seen from the Supreme Court.

(Additional OT note: I'm still suspicious that the NSA had blackmail material on justice Roberts to force the obamacare win.)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
We need more conservatives and libertarians on the supreme court

Smaller government
States rights
Sovereign citizens

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I believe the sitting Bush-appointed supreme court is the worst in the history of America. First they decided that it is perfectly OK for a government to take poor peoples' property to redevelop it for business so they can make lots of tax money off it. Then they issued the horrific and insane Citizens United ruling which claimed that organizations are citizens, so they have a right to spend money on campaign advertising, but unlike citizens who have at most a few thousand dollars to donate, these organizations can spend millions giving them in essence extra votes. Now we have the Hobby lobby decision which says that not only are corporations people, but religious people who don't have to follow laws they don't like. At they same time they ruled that unions have to support workers who don't pay their dues. To top it all off, in many of their decisions they reversed legal precedents which is the capital sin of the legal profession.

I seriously believe that there has never been a worse supreme court, at least not in modern history.

Executive legislative and judicial branches all suck right now. "suck" meaning getting bribed by a few elites, who's interests are not the same as yours and mine.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
No, but we do have the worst executive branch in history.

Honestly, our entire Government is terrible. Stop being a political tool.

edit on 2014/7/6 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'm curious how this is "Bush's" Court? By my count, he appointed two of the current sitting justices and Obama has appointed two of current sitting justices. Wouldn't that mean that this court is at least as much Obama's fault as Bush's?

And really, taken in historical context ... I would call the Dred Scott decision worse BY FAR than anything this court has decided, even the Obamacare is suddenly a tax so it's constitutional, thank you John Roberts, decision.

Also, there were a lot of bad decisions made in FDR's time, too, after he threatened to arbitrarily increase the size of the court so that he could pack it and get the rulings he wanted anyhow. I think the one that expanded the idea of interstate commerce to cover even things you grew on your own land for your own use is a particularly egregious and far reaching one that has deep consequences today. Without that one ruling, Obamacare couldn't exist.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I'm curious how this is "Bush's" Court? By my count, he appointed two of the current sitting justices and Obama has appointed two of current sitting justices. Wouldn't that mean that this court is at least as much Obama's fault as Bush's?

And really, taken in historical context ... I would call the Dred Scott decision worse BY FAR than anything this court has decided, even the Obamacare is suddenly a tax so it's constitutional, thank you John Roberts, decision.

Also, there were a lot of bad decisions made in FDR's time, too, after he threatened to arbitrarily increase the size of the court so that he could pack it and get the rulings he wanted anyhow. I think the one that expanded the idea of interstate commerce to cover even things you grew on your own land for your own use is a particularly egregious and far reaching one that has deep consequences today. Without that one ruling, Obamacare couldn't exist.

U hit the nail on the head. 2 appointed by Bush, 2 by Obama. Now a bunch of liberals will read this thread and think this is Bush's fault. same stuff foxnews brainwashes right wingers with as well. This apples rotten at the core.

www.supremecourt.gov...

edit on 6-7-2014 by kevinp2300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Nope this is Obama's court. Please show me evidence that Bush has had more input on the court than Obama did.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Judicial, executive, and legislative. Don't matter what it is. It's all a big mess.

Corporations have all kinds of big time lawyers backing them up. And they have the money to buy the best money can buy. Plus, they have the cash to lobby and pay court fees like it's nothing. Plus they sit there and find every little loop hole humanly possible. The common man usually can't afford such sophisticated legal assistance. So it comes as no surprise why companies usually get what they want.

There are a few victories here and there, but the house always wins.
edit on 6-7-2014 by Honcho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I'm more worried about the 2 years left on the "Worst Administration In United States History" at least the Supreme court has folks that know & respect the balance of our laws.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Anyone else notice the OP keeps making posts to enflame people and then leaves and never posts again?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Dredd Scott
Fugitive slave act
Jim Crowe
Koramatsu

Hardly the worst.
Maybe the op should read a book or twenty.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You can't introduce logic into this ketsuko. It's Bush's fault. It's always been Bush's fault and it will continue to be Bush's fault for 2 more years. We must continue to focus on Bush and not on Obama because everything that has happened, he inherited through no fault of his own. Obamacare? Inherited. I'm not sure how... But again, the facts just serve to muddy the waters.

Get with the program so we can all be Stepford Citizens together for the greater good which we would have already achieved if it hadn't been for Bush.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Anyone else notice the OP keeps making posts to enflame people and then leaves and never posts again?

I started really noticing it myself yesterday. I just figured it was Bush's fault.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
They must have cut his hours shilling.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join