It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Les Stroud. You all know who he is right? Well...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Im sure theres more than 2 minutes of video of this thing seeing how it never moved...

...so wheres the part showing the robotic legs/arms/hands/feet....cuz Im fairly goddamn certain that thing is fake.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

originally posted by: Fylgje

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

Your joking right ? That was definitely an
Animatronics blink if I have ever seen one ...

I really les does wreck his career over this ....

Exactly what I came to say. So obvious that blink is animatronics.

This is faker than a set of Vinewood breasts. Stop being fooled by these money-grubbing hoaxers.

I would appreciate if you didn't 'blanket' the entire research community inferring they are 'money-grubbing' hoaxers.
Is Les Stroud a "money-grubbing" hoaxer as well? At least he gives Standing the benefit of the doubt. While I already agree the sqautch looks unreal, this alone doesn't prove or disprove anything. Further to: the blinking is in slow motion.

Some claim the squatch is actually Todd Standing himself in makeup. Others claim it's a muppet while others claim it's animatronics. Now, they can't be all right so neither can you.

I never said the entire research community. I said the hoaxers like the ones in this video.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The video clip in the OP is, IMO, a very well-done fake. I put the video on fullscreen and watched the blink several times, looking for muscle movement, and aside from the movement of the brow, I don't see any movement. I also didn't notice any nostrile flare, as would be expected, at least to a very small degree. There also does not appear to be lateral eye movement, as would also be expected. A creature that is very intelligent would certainly be aware that there are intruders into it's territory, and would be very still, yet there would still be some eye movement during a time period as shown in the video. Finally, it doesn't look like the forensic sketches showed in David Paulides books, which are in my estimation the more credible collections of investigative results in the genre.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I agree with most here that at least the final clip looks fake. Up until that point though, the BF makes plenty of movements, albeit ""conveniently"" obscured.

The blink is quite peculiar. It appears to roll from outside to inside and the shadow seems odd. Still, who's to say how a BF (re)acts to a threat or what-have-you. No one's ever had a clear view such as this.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
To the OP: Actually, no! I don't know who Les Stroud is. Never heard of him! What is he known for?

But no matter what, that video was amazing. At first I thought, another blurry blur. Then OMG my jaw dropped.

Funny though how everybody ridicules Bigfoot shots for being blurry and finally when there's a clear shot, they don't believe it. So he's very still. Why is that surprising? Just how do you think Bigfoot should act?

So is this from a TV show, and if so where can I find it? I would like to see more.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
How about these apples? My first response was hmph. Then followed by WTF ?!?

I remember reading somewhere "if Les Stroud can't find Bigfoot..." well I think he just did.

Have at it.

If you had as clear a shot of a bigfoots face as he claims to have you wouldnt stop recording till the memory was used up or the battery ran out. And that didnt seem to be the case and if it was would be the irony of ironies.

I call fake.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CheckPointCharlie

To be honest I find the first clip more compelling than the second one, when you use a tablet to zoom way in on the face you get some revealing shots.
if I could screen capture frame by frame on this id offer them up. Maybe someone else can.

I also find it odd that people are surprised that he could get close shots like this, have we not essentially mastered sneaking up on animals?
People (like this cat perhaps) devote their entire lives to tracking them in the wild and some get quite close to their subjects. Hell some people are famous just for that. Are we really then to assume different here? don't people spend hours/days tracking an animal just sit still for hours and get perfect shots like this?

If this were a completely different animal no one would question it, but since its a sasquatch it can't possibly be real? Where is the logic in that? You would all feel better if he killed it after taking the video?

Furthermore if you had been slapped with the hoaxer label and it wasn't true wouldn't you need someone just like Les to help restore your credibility and give your evidence more weight?

It almost sounds like ATS would rather see it dead or in a cage.

Would more video and in depth study be nice? Absolutely.

But then how long did it take Jane Goodall to get her research fully appreciated?
edit on 9-7-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

The minor celebrity who is now cashing in on the latest US craze.....ie. finding broken trees, sticks, bush noises, ground impressions etc and pretending it's a mythical creature called bigfoot.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cogito, Ergo Sum

The minor celebrity who is now cashing in on the latest US craze.....ie. finding broken trees, sticks, bush noises, ground impressions etc and pretending it's a mythical creature called bigfoot.

That's what it looks like to me. Clear and upclose pics, or it does not happen.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TiM3LoRd

My thoughts exactly. I want to see the complete raw video.

The longer the video the harder it is to fake or accidentally expose the hoax.

Is the Les Stroud season where he searches for big foot completed ?
edit on 37731America/ChicagoWed, 09 Jul 2014 09:37:23 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: lindalinda

Les Stroud is a well known and respected Canadian survival enthusiast known as "Survivor Man". He goes deep into the bush alone and films his experience bringing with him nothing more than a few items to begin with and attempts to show how to get by for a week without any help.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Something just isn't quite right about that bigfoot pic, like no forehead - there may be more than meets the eye here.

www.bigfootcrossroads.com...

Wolfman costume:

edit on 9-7-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Todd, is the same guy that went missing on a 5 day trip into the woods, Search and Rescue was called, but he was found rather quickly. He was pretty unhappy that they had been called, probably because he could of got busted setting up his hoaxed bigfoot shots. The video of the bigfoot is way to good, like he is using a tripod, and ample time to setup his shots. The video he came back with, after going missing, shows an almost exact copy of this video, except the bigfoots were a different color brown with longer facial hair, to me this almost perfect shots, scream hoax, like it was setup. His other videos can be found on Youtube

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Why I trust Les.

Les already figured out his way, pulled it off and now can do whatever he likes.
He really seems like a regular guy.
I'm pretty sure Les edits the footage from his show adding his original music as well which cuts out a film crew, editors and scoring. Les must be making bank, more than others who just get filmed and leave.
Seems Les would be just fine playing is music. He doesn't need to be on TV anymore.
Les is chasing whatever dream he likes.

Unlike the other Bigfoot chasers Les doesn't have a need to make $ of it all.
These other cats... Its their career.

You have to remember Les is also a "newbie" in this BF thing but if I had to put $ on who would be the 1st to come up with real proof it would be Les.
Todd Standing, I don't believe for a second. This is his job.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Looking around it looks like the air date already occurred and doesn't appear that nothing came of it for les strouds and finding bigfoot?

lesstroud.ca...

SURVIVORMAN BIGFOOT is a 2-part special airing on Travel & Escape Channel Wednesday, March 19th, 2014 at 10PM EST and Wednesday, March 26th, 2014 at 10PM EST

If true then it sounds like it was the typical hype and "what if" and teasers of a standard bullcumentary.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MrNeo

Seems Les would be just fine playing is music. He doesn't need to be on TV anymore. Les is chasing whatever dream he likes. Unlike the other Bigfoot chasers Les doesn't have a need to make $ of it all.

Just about every main stream actor in Hollywood doesn't need to be on TV anymore but they are. Billionaire don't need to ever worry about money , but most still heavily invest and take risks.

Don't underestimate the power of money,greed, and fame.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I love how so many people who are unaware of Todd Standings approach to finding these creatures eludes everyone. You'd be AMAZED if this was a hoax because this guy would have to have a secret TEAM of assistants and a FX budget exceeding his own household income.

Todd Standing goes out completely alone for weeks in the wilderness of Alberta, Canada and he has footage of multiple subjects in multiple instances. You should watch the one of him flipping the EFF out when he felt scared. Beyond this all, there's DNA evidence from multiple sources that's been peer reviewed, all proving that a male primate of unknown origin mated with a human woman some 60,000-100,000 years ago.

If this seems far fetched to you, then you need to listen to what Danny Vendramini's studies have found and stop being so anthropomorphic with regards to what "Sasquatch" actually looks like:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xterrain

You'd be AMAZED if this was a hoax because this guy would have to have a secret TEAM of assistants and a FX budget exceeding his own household income.

Why would he need s special team of assistants to do the video in the OP?

Todd Standing goes out completely alone for weeks in the wilderness of Alberta, Canada and he has footage of multiple subjects in multiple instances.

Cool, has he released the complete videos or just snippets? Why would it be so hard to

Beyond this all, there's DNA evidence from multiple sources that's been peer reviewed, all proving that a male primate of unknown origin mated with a human woman some 60,000-100,000 years ago.

What study was that?

www.theindychannel.com...
DNA testing is taking a bite out of the Bigfoot legend. After scientists analyzed more than 30 hair samples reportedly left behind by Bigfoot and similar mythical beasts like the Himalayan Yeti, they found all of them came from more mundane creatures like bears, wolves, cows and raccoons.

In 2012, researchers at Oxford University and the Lausanne Museum of Zoology issued an open call asking museums, scientists and Bigfoot aficionados to share any samples they thought were from the legendary ape-like creatures.

edit on 06731America/ChicagoWed, 09 Jul 2014 12:06:08 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
As much as I love Les Stroud, and trust him - extremely - I can't help but getting put-off by one part of this video. I am very interested in animatronics, and although the 'creature' is extremely life-like and natural looking, one part of its movement is not.

At one point in the video the creature 'blinks', but it doesn't look very natural. It looks like early 1990's animatronic workmanship. The brow moves straight down, pauses, and with the EXACT same speed and movement, it moves up. The movement is pretty 'jerky', and there is no other movement in the muscles that surround that area.

I'm not saying that it is definitely animatronics, but it is kind of fishy, as this doesn't appear to be natural, anatomical behavior.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

If this were a completely different animal no one would question it, but since its a sasquatch it can't possibly be real?

People are questioning it because it looks fake. Especially the eye blink, looks very fake.

Also, the first head looks like it has hair while the second head looks to be made of latex. Either that or the Sasquatch has some pretty good Pat Riley style hair products.
edit on 9-7-2014 by Pimpish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join