It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Les Stroud. You all know who he is right? Well...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I don't think it looks real at all, and it doesn't 'look' or 'feel' like it fits in that environment...hard to explain, but i think some here will understand what i mean.

Like this is a prehistoric cavewomen?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mr10k

Ok..will this do.
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Lets assume Les actually has been spooked in the woods before.
He hooks up with Todd Standing (who is seeking financial investment for "serious" Bigfoot research utilising his own team AKA he gets paid).
Les has a show to produce and needs some good content (AKA he gets paid)

Les doesn't endorse or deny Bigfoot = everyone achieves their objectives?

The Bigfoot heads are pretty good but they have clearly gone through refinement into the final (blinking) product..

No one knows how a bigfoot would behave accept to say...if they were this easy to capture on film.. they wouldn't be a cryptid....they would be in Zoos next to Gorillas.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: daaskapital

I don't think it looks real at all, and it doesn't 'look' or 'feel' like it fits in that environment...hard to explain, but i think some here will understand what i mean.

Like this is a prehistoric cavewomen?

Warden Norton: "This is one conspiracy. That is what it is." Throws rock.

"One ...Big.....Conspiracy! Everybody is in on it, including her!" Reach hand inside torn poster.

Courtest of "Shawshank Redemption"

edit on 7-7-2014 by RossWellOldMexico because: added point to reply.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Looks like a bad chewbacca mask.
It doesn't move nor breath fake fake fake.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
the more i watch the video, the more it makes me wonder. here's two things though that really stick out in a bad way.

1. there are a couple of cuts in the editing. one when we first get the good in focus shot. and another cut right before we get the second angle of the nice in the focus shot.

2. when bigfoot esquire blinks his right eye, he ONLY blinks the right eye and not both simultaneously as you would expect.

oh yea & 3. why is there no sound?

so those two/hree things make it suspect in my opinion.

however, what's odd is that if you watch the right eye inside the socket, i swear you can see the actual eyeball inside shifting around. like he's just standing like a statue and panning his eyes around. i suppose it would be possible for bigfoot to have extraordinary control over his muscle movements.

my first initial reaction was CGI! but, i'm kinda on the fence. i don't doubt that he's found branch and stick teepee structures or other things that may mark bigfoot territory. this video though...i just don't know...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Animatronics.

This is a publicity stunt for the show.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I enjoy the les stroud shows. I must admit I am a little disappointed that they did not set up any trail cams near the structure with the apples! How could that have escaped an enquiring mind? I am still holding out on my skepticism, but do have an open mind. I can acknowledge that it is possible, but as Les put it...I would probably have to see one myself to fully believe 100%. As far as the vids taken by Todd, I am neutral. I would love to see more raw footage rather than edited clips. I don't hold to the belief that he is just out for fame and fortune. It obviously costs money to do any research and if you have no outside funding...it quickly can become an expensive task to handle privately.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
That's not Les Stroud's video. That's Todd Standings video from a few years ago. The problem is most people think he's a hoaxer. Les Stroud talks during thne episodes about not trusting Todd, but wanting to give him a chance. These videos you see were made BEFORE the survivorman episodes - before Todd met Les Stroud. So to make this clear, these videos are not new and Les Stroud has noting to do with them.

Les Stroud has said he's had a few occasions where he's heard strange vocalizations that to him sounded ape-like. He's also heard crashing in the forest. This makes him interested in the topic.

But it's all Todd here. And unfortunately he's a likely hoaxer. I can't directly pin him to being a hoaxer, but I do know the bigfoot community has estranged itself from him because of suspected hoaxing.
edit on 7-7-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Survival Expert Les Stroud Second Bigfoot Close Encounter on Joe Rogan

edit on 28731America/ChicagoMon, 07 Jul 2014 12:28:32 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Besides breathless conjecture, Blair-witch style night shots, the tepee thing that a human camper could have made years ago for shelter (why would a Bigfoot do that, it offers no protection without a tarp or something,and it's not like a 600 lb animal worries about sleeping completely out in the open, or wouldn't know the local caves and overhangs in case of heavy snow), the 'footprints' that they couldn't be bothered to take casts of, and sounds they seemed to hear but weren't on the tape, he's got nothing. It's an hour long promise of 'something' with nothing in the end. He's also awfully weenie for someone who prides himself on his survival skills; all that souped-up worry about 'being out in the open in the wilderness at night?' Like a nylon tent is going to protect you from a bear or cougar.... and at one point the other guy 'went to sleep in the truck'; what truck? They had just hiked miles in!

The BF animal is too well groomed and too still except for the wink, which wasn't realistic at all. An animal in the wild like that seeing a human would feel plenty free to crash around, jump up and down, go forward or run away. It wouldn't sit there with most of it's body hidden and not move more than an eyebrow. The only animals that I've ever seen hold perfectly still like that is deer, and then only for seconds before they bound away. If you're that big, you have to breathe a lot which creates constant movement.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

Your joking right ? That was definitely an
Animatronics blink if I have ever seen one ...

I really les does wreck his career over this ....

Exactly what I came to say. So obvious that blink is animatronics.

This is faker than a set of Vinewood breasts. Stop being fooled by these money-grubbing hoaxers.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

Your joking right ? That was definitely an
Animatronics blink if I have ever seen one ...

I really les does wreck his career over this ....

Exactly what I came to say. So obvious that blink is animatronics.

This is faker than a set of Vinewood breasts. Stop being fooled by these money-grubbing hoaxers.

I would appreciate if you didn't 'blanket' the entire research community inferring they are 'money-grubbing' hoaxers.
Is Les Stroud a "money-grubbing" hoaxer as well? At least he gives Standing the benefit of the doubt. While I already agree the sqautch looks unreal, this alone doesn't prove or disprove anything. Further to: the blinking is in slow motion.

Some claim the squatch is actually Todd Standing himself in makeup. Others claim it's a muppet while others claim it's animatronics. Now, they can't be all right so neither can you.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
I enjoy the les stroud shows. I must admit I am a little disappointed that they did not set up any trail cams near the structure with the apples! How could that have escaped an enquiring mind? I am still holding out on my skepticism, but do have an open mind. I can acknowledge that it is possible, but as Les put it...I would probably have to see one myself to fully believe 100%. As far as the vids taken by Todd, I am neutral. I would love to see more raw footage rather than edited clips. I don't hold to the belief that he is just out for fame and fortune. It obviously costs money to do any research and if you have no outside funding...it quickly can become an expensive task to handle privately.

That was my first thought, trail cams that is. Seemed obvious to me for someone who's a self proclaimed expert such as Lee's partner.

In reference to many other posters who claim "faked" due to lack of movement in the video shots. Apparently haven't done much hunting. Animals in the wild who spend there lives foraging for food and water and evading predictors are nothing but physically fit, toned muscle, ready to bolt at the slightest threat. I've drawn my bow on deer one step away from being in my shooting lane before and had them stop, foot in the air, and not make another move for several minutes. Had to let my bow down because I couldn't hold it any longer. Once the deer caught my movement, he was outta there faster than hot chilies in my colon.

Trust me when I say if they feel threatened in any way , they'll die from stress before they make a move. Especially if there not sure there is a threat.
edit on 7-7-2014 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I think Stroud is genuine in wanting the truth but he should have went alone,possibly in British Columbia or even Washington state where there are vast stretches of wilderness closed since the Mt. St. Helens eruptions 20 years ago.Many bridges still washed out and no other way in other than horse back.
The guy he`s with,Standing is widely thought of as a hoaxer and the area these 2 came across the broken trees and the arranged branches is an area frequented by Standing:He could have done this at any time in the past and im sure he did.The 2nd bigfoot that blinked was animatronic for sure.It looked completely fake and plastic.None showed any emotion which makes sense because the added expense of having a realistic animatronic head snarling or teeth gnashing or yelling would be immense,far out of Standings price range.Text4

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This footage has been around for a couple of years and was taken "allegedly" by Todd Standing, only.

They showed it during the episode with Les Stroud, but Les was not around when this footage was taken, again it's old footage.

The current Les and Todd BF episode shows nothing but large tree structures that could imo have been set up easily by two guys, possibly even one very determined guy. All of the clips like this one are old videos provided by Todd, again Les was not with him ,and he is unsure whether to take them as real or not.

So imo, Les loses no credibility here. He's just trying to find the truth as he is interested in BF. He says he is still on the fence on whether he believes Standing or not. That's Les' position as of now as far as I know.
edit on 8-7-2014 by Nola213 because: content

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

he's a bit of a stoneface

looks fake as hell...

I agree...it's made for TV.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
why did the camera stop auto-focusing once the face-shots were being shown? I mean, there were branches between the lens and the face, right?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Wolfman in Mexico.

Jesus Manuel Fajardo Aceves from Mexico nicknamed Wolfman holds the World Guinness Record as the hairiest man in the world.

Does the Guinnes records people win cash bonuses too, or is the guy posing?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

I agree, appeared to be animatronics. I'd like to know if that was all he shot of them, if so, the blink was pretty convenient.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join