It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Les Stroud. You all know who he is right? Well...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Too bad that it doesn't move much at all, appears robotic, interesting how the reception would be otherwise. Wonder if he's going to do another interview with Jeff Meldrum. I'll update if I catch that.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

It's CGI, and poor CGI at that.

Les Stroud has delved into some bigfoot centered episodes, and i consider it nothing more than an attempt at retaining, or drawing in an audience.

I find it pathetic that he has had to go to such lengths in order to keep his ratings up, lol.
edit on 6-7-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowanKenubi
About the blinking, I only see animatronics blinking the eye WITH the help of the eyebrow. And David Letterman.

Now, let's show to us the minutes where bigfoot got there, and when it left. Surely bigfoot and the cameraman didn't appear just a few feet from each other...

If you watch the second part of the series, He explains how he supposedly got the footage. He was up high on the side of a mountain and was coming back down after spending a couple days camped up there, and while on his way down he noticed something black through the trees nestled between a boulder and the side of the mountain. He approached to get a better look and pulled out his camera when he realized it wasn't a bear and started filming. He claims the creature he filmed was young (he calls it a 5 year old in the video), and once he got the footage he became scared, stopped filming and left the area quickly because he figured mom and dad had to be close by.

It's a good series imo. Just frustrating to watch because whoever encoded it and uploaded it to youtube apparently did it with a potato. It's extremely choppy and you can't even make out entire portions of the show but the audio is good. I still think it's worth a shot, since Les Stroud lends it some credibility.

As for Standings original footage, it could be fake, it could be real. I don't know either way. I lean towards it being fake, but at the same time Standing doesn't really strike me as a kook. He's obviously trying to make money from this whole thing, so that could be because he's a scam artist, or maybe because that is how he finances his expeditions into the wilderness to get the footage in the first place. I really don't know. Les Stroud didn't seem to think he is a fraud, but couldn't prove it either way in the end, either.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Is it just me or does anyone else want to put that video-enhancing technology to use in this footage? It requires the video be VERY still, and I'm positive there's a way to manipulate the camera panning for one of those close-up shots so that it looks like the camera isn't moving. Even for a few seconds, I think it will still work. Remember there was a post on here about this software? You can see the actually blood rushing beneath the skin, and all sorts of subtle things like that usually invisible to the naked eye. Anyone have the time to do those things?
1.) Recalibrate one of the close-ups, to simulate an unmoving/unshaking camera for even a few seconds.
2.) Run it through the open-source video enhancement software and see if that # is a mask, or if there's blood running fairly realistically beneath that fur.

I think it could also tell if it's giving off proper heat signatures. Or does that program require a super HD video, or a very long duration? :/
If so, just loop the non-moving-camera simulation over and over and see what comes back!

Anyone know what I'm talking about? I don't have the link any more. It could very well prove this as a smoking gun or not. ESPECIALLY and most likely exclusively only with this specific footage.
Cheers.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Arrestme

I remember what you're talking about and I went to the site. The only problem is...don't have the raw video to upload

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Is it me or did that second part seem open ended? I was searching for a part 3 but it appears it's just the two.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Uhm, no. I'm 100% positive that it's not CG. If it's fake, it was done with either an animatronic model or suit. Even if it was, that is hollywood level special effects. Not something I would expect some guy from Calgary to be able to put together (so he must have had help if he faked it).

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm not the type to call bigfoot footage fake...but this looks fake. It doesn't even look real to be honest...looks like some high quality CGI...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

There's more than one face. There's the other one with less hair and what appears to be a hair above the upper lip, large nocturnal eyes. And I think the face at 1:04 is different from the blinking one

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ok, if I werent completely mobile id offer links but if you google gorillas you can easily footage like this. Its amazing...simple, clear and beautiful shots and still every amateur w/ a keyboard screams fake.

If its fake then prove it.
edit on 6-7-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I've found a lot of wild accusations about Todd around the internet but nothing that seems fully corroborated. Seems like a lot of speculation. One theory I read states that Todd's sister is a talented makeup artist (of the special effects variety) and this is how he was able to fake the footage as she was in on it. Doesn't really seem to be any concrete evidence of that, however. Seems like most researchers feel that Todd is a phoney. One thing I find interesting is that most of the scorn seems to center around the fact that the footage is "too good to be true".

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I would think Survivormsns staff would have had to verify this somehow before airing it during an investigation with their star. Im certain the show has its own forum and possibly a subreddit. We could just reach out and ask them how they verified it.
edit on 6-7-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
What can I say... Looks like my mother's mother's side of the family.
Sheesh!
... ... ...not kidding!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If that's not a robothead...the blink and movements is just mechanical as anything

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySoloThanks for posting the videos. Got through the first one. All I can say is that it was very entertaining. I like Les and have been a fan of his show for years. He's using every trick in the book though. Think Blair Witch.

edit on 7-7-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It would be great if they got footage of big foots building pyramids and machining diorite rock into perfectly fit walls, forget this bent tree stuff

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian
I have a hard time believing Les' would stoop to such tricks &/or fraud.
I'm sure it's possible...but, it seems that this is the exact-opposite-direction to the integrity his 'show' was built on.
I know - people can grow desperate...when bills are coming due... but ...maybe I'm just wistfully holding to a dream that there are some true arrows left in the world...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I couldn't help but laugh through the entire thing. And to Thorneblood, I would absolutely LOVE to see footage of a gorilla chilling by itself in the wild, staying still the entire time. It didn't even move it's head, you would think a sentient mammal would have some kinetic movement throughout it's body.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash
a reply to: ZetaRediculian
I have a hard time believing Les' would stoop to such tricks &/or fraud.
I'm sure it's possible...but, it seems that this is the exact-opposite-direction to the integrity his 'show' was built on.
I know - people can grow desperate...when bills are coming due... but ...maybe I'm just wistfully holding to a dream that there are some true arrows left in the world...

I wouldn't call it fraud. More like over dramatization. I actually have no problem with it now that I watched it. He actually makes some good comments about "the power of suggestion" and all that. Being in the deep woods in the middle of the night will freak anyone out. Now he uses that "power of suggestion" to entertain us also. He knows what he's doing and he is good at it. If he wasn't good at it, he wouldn't have a show. Bottom line is that it was a TV show, not a scientific investigation.

Now that Standing guy...
edit on 7-7-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Meh, i don't really care what was used to make it. I mentioned CGI as it was the first thing which came to my head.

The bigfoot featured in the video looks out of place, in my opinion. I don't think it looks real at all, and it doesn't 'look' or 'feel' like it fits in that environment...hard to explain, but i think some here will understand what i mean.

Thanks for the reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join