Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Les Stroud. You all know who he is right? Well...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
How about these apples? My first response was hmph. Then followed by WTF ?!?

I remember reading somewhere "if Les Stroud can't find Bigfoot..." well I think he just did.

Have at it.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I don't have any sound but I can watch.

This is really hard for me to believe. Made for TV?

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

he's a bit of a stoneface

looks fake as hell...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
looks fake to me. just standing there, no movement and just a short clip? seems suspicious, lets not forget what gorge lucas did in the 70's
edit on 6-7-2014 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
That had to be viral marketing for the new 'Planet of the Apes' movie.

No way we get footage THIS good.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The footage itself appears to be from Todd Standing and wasn't actually filmed by Les Stroud. Standing has received a lot of criticism in the past for similar videos. I remember he was sitting on them for something like 2 years and would only release screen captures. This was apparently because he was trying to make money off of his footage (which is a big red flag).

I haven't seen this particular clip however, and I have to admit it's quite interesting. It could very well be faked, but it's a well done fake. The blinking squatch is a nice touch.

Unfortunately, although I would love to see smoking gun evidence of bigfoot, I do not believe that this is it, and I remain skeptical.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Naargh! I wasn't expecting to see that! What was that?
He looked a bit smooth and brushed -and creepy. I don't have sound right now, but is he promoting something for tv or is he claiming that this is a bigfoot/yeti beast he found in the woods?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

To reiterate, the footage was shot by Todd Standing, of Sylvanic.com.

He claims to have developed a method of tracking and attracting sasquatch that allows him to get very close to them. He claims he will not release information on where exactly these things live or what exactly his methods are as he wishes to protect the species (or so he says).

Most people find his claims quite dubious, but he did have the attention of Dr.Jeff Meldrum at one time (and now Les Stroud, it would seem).
edit on 6-7-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Your joking right ? That was definitely an
Animatronics blink if I have ever seen one ...

I really les does wreck his career over this ....

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I'm currently watching Standing and Stroud doing a finding Bigfoot episode. Stroud said either he's a fulltime hoaxer his entire life, or he's telling the truth. So far 18 min in and it's pretty interesting.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

It does look fake, I'll give you that. Until it blinked! The wtf moment

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hello,

I'm ever hopeful for the confirmed existence of bigfoots/yetis, but that... that just looked like CGI. Look at the straightness of the mouth, the blurriness around the edges of the head... The stoic, movement-less face. The head itself remained relatively stable in comparison to its background, despite the shakiness of the camera. I think the blur-squatches are more compelling than this video, to be honest... : /

That said, I'd secretly be delighted to be wrong.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Ah I see. This is from his site you linked:

Our ultimate goal is to ethically introduce civilization to the most man-like primate on the planet.

How does one define an 'ethical introduction to civilization?' It all starts to sound a bit suspect - especially when in the next breath he asks you to purchase his 2011 documentary. It makes his 'ethics' seem a bit more shaky.
Thanks DS, for the info

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It just looked off. Too still until the blink and that looked a little off too. I'm not buying it as real. *suspicious look*

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Its BFFT no doubt.. i tried to spot tutu though..

Looks fake, some areas has plastic look and a lot of makeup.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This joker's after spending a lot of money getting a bigfoot animatronic head made, to then make money off selling dvd's and such.
The blink was fake enough, but the total lack of any movement before or after it is a dead giveaway.
Its not even a proper blink, the eyebrow pushes down which closes the eyelid to simulate a blink.
Very fake looking so im going with that

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I am in the fake boat as well.
The first thing I thought was fake when I saw that face, not omg what is that.
Also if the creature really had a habit of just standing there not doing anything, I think we would have many more videos of that happening as that is not a very elusive tactic.

And title of video says it is video number 2, wonder what #1 showed?
Gonna go see if I can find it, shouldn't be to hard
edit on thSun, 06 Jul 2014 17:52:18 -0500America/Chicago720141880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Well, It's either really Bigfoot or it's a hoax.

It's no bear or gorilla for sure or any other animal.

Probably turn out to be a hoax but who knows.

I am not going to claim to be professional animation expert and make a judgement.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Very interesting. I will say this much: I don't believe for a moment that Les would willingly be involved in any sort of hoax. He doesn't need the money or the acclaim. He's spoken openly about his experiences with what he believes were Sasquatch before, and it's clear he's only in it to discover the truth. If Standing is a hoaxer, Les will find out eventually. I don't believe this will negatively impact Stroud's career, as he has already made a name for himself around the world as one of the best survivalists out there.

One thing that I found really interesting just having watched the first episode, is the tree structures. Obviously it's possible people could have made them, but it seems unlikely in such a remote area. It also would be incredibly difficult for a person to break those trees cleanly and at the heights we see in the video. Hypothetically speaking, if we assume Sasquatch is real and is responsible for these structures, what does that say about their level of intelligence?

Interesting series for sure. I will be keeping an eye on it. Thanks for sharing, OP.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Thought I would add a screenshot from part 2 of Les' finding Bigfoot.

Here he's discussing these structures they come across frequently. Trees pulled down and wedged hard into each other. Consideration of snow load or rot is tossed out after they notice the way the trees are pulled down. Trees snapped parallel to trap lines broken inward. Like as if it were a warning or something. Very entertaining and straight to the point unlike that other finding Bigfoot show. Les really seems to want to get answers and not just ratings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join