It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Environmentalists Are Now 'Rolling Coal'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
That is not actual coal. Those are modded diesel engines.

Still, smoking other cars and pedestrians just to be an asshole jerk is typical of right wingers.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Chiftel
And environmental terrorism ala earth first is typical of left wingers....

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
What do you mean by 'environmental terrorism'? Specific recent examples? Rate of incidence? Victims, damages?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chiftel
What do you mean by 'environmental terrorism'? Specific recent examples? Rate of incidence? Victims, damages?

Driving spikes into trees to harm lumberjacks and equipment, placing barbed wire across trails so off road riders get closed lined while riding. I used to have pictures of the barbed wire but I am sure you would consider that conjecture, peta throwing chemicals on people with fur. These come to my mind quickly.

You do the research and quit being lazy prove I am wrong. You want everyone to do the work for you and when they do you never respond. YOur high horse isn't that high my friend.

Earth Liberation Front?
Animal Liberation Front?

TheFBI estimates that the ALF/ELF have committed more than 600 criminal acts in the United States since 1996, resulting in damages in excess of 43 million dollars.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth
I'm kind of a right wing type I find this to be ridiculous, rude, immature, hillbilly sister lovin' bullsh8t. Of course they gotta do it on the move can't face retaliation that way.
hope they hit a big fat rock

Racist trash. You should be banned for your comment but I'm sure it will slide right on by. I've never known of any "hillbilly" to have sex with their sister or any other family member. LIES spread by liars like you. I know the Talmud glorifies incest, though.

Meanwhile...back on the ranch.....

I live in coal country and haven't seen this anywhere. I have seen smoke stacks on pick-up trucks, but never spewing nastiness like in the vid or photos. Most usually, people just have pro coal decals on their back glass, or bumper stickers.

I don't like to see pollution needlessly being thrown into the environment. It's a stupid way to make a statement by a FEW INDIVIDUALS. Don't try and make it seem like the whole Tea Party, or coal miners and their families all do this, because they don't. Most coal families that I know are all for cleaner, better ways for coal companies to do business. We have to live in the environments, so who in their right mind would want polluted creeks, rivers, lakes, etc. etc.?

This is just left-winged loon, liberal fluff and nothing more. It has nothing to do with coal whatsoever. Diesel engines run off diesel NOT COAL. Talk about uneducated....
edit on 7-7-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2014 by Fylgje because: unforgivable typo

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Still, smoking other cars and pedestrians just to be an asshole jerk is typical of right wingers.

Yeah....liberals don't do hateful things like this at all, do they? Lay off the Kool-Aid, sir.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

if they tried that in the the uk they would get their cars towed and crushed and rightly so .

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I honor of this and your usual instigating post, I am going to fire off my BBQ tonight burning some coal, with a very fat artery clogging ribeye steak, with my diesel truck in the driveway idling all night, burning every light in the house, the AC pumped down to 68, and a huge smile knowing you can't sit still while you watch MSNBC because you know I can afford to do it without a single liberal having the huevos to stop me. Smoke included free.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Ok. Hmmm.
You made me think about my stance. Honestly, I just hate chest thumping activities and just saw them as men with high testosterone and low IQ's. So they annoyed me, it's a pretty juvenile way to protest. I had no love for them, just a disgust towards them and their behaviours.
But reading your words makes me think you've got a very valid point. In the grand scheme it's probably going to achieve very little except them wasting money. Their added pollution is probably not that big of a thing when compared to what industry is doing so I think letting them vent to rid their inner evils (ahem), is probably a good thing I guess.

I've no doubt that some of them are just what you describe as there are always some of those in EVERY bunch. We've all experienced it. And it is not the way a lot of us would protest, but maybe they've tried everything we here already know doesn't work. They've written their letters, they've shown up at town halls, they've picketed, they've voted, etc.Who knows?

What we here already know is that taking the normal steps and letting them politely know how you feel is a huge waste of time at this point. This (to me) is the same as those who fly the Gadsden Flag, Fly the American flag upside down, and so on. It's a visual protest and not a lot more IMO. It's something that catches the eye and gets people asking questions and talking about it.... Which is the main reason people protest anything really.

Again, it isn't the way you or I would do it, but they aren't you or I and are doing what they can. It may be juvenile (I am inclined to agree somewhat) but it's the way they know. And I agree that the amount of pollution you see is minuscule compared to many other things. It looks like a ton simply because you can "see" it. It's big, black, loud, and ugly.

In the grand scheme of things it seems to have worked.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I think they actually might be Left Wingers casting illusions.

Progressives are masters of trickery.

They've got Europe pretty much "in the dark".

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Geez,I think I will burn a stack of tires just get in on the latest fad!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I think this would be classed as ork behaviour.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Racist trash? How is it racist to call my (presumably) white brothers hillbillies? Coal country like Pennsylvania? Where I lived in Pike County for 10 years before moving to a more redneck friendly place like Arizona? What does this have to do with the Talmud, sure your not the racist? It says right in my post that I AM a right winger, just not a fool like these idiots. No one said it has anything to do with coal its what the hicks call it "rollin coal" for the soot it kicks out.. they made the name up not me. I dont got a problem with coal miners or anyone I was brought up on venison and johnny cash. But no apologies

PS I drive a diesel Isuzu NPR crew cab at work everyday I am quite aware of what goes in the tank.

edit on 7-7-2014 by Fargoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Just looks like people being assholes with turbocharged diesels...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Again I'm swayed in my thoughts, you're good at that Kanga! The fact we've noticed them indeed proves they've made a difference. I hope it feels good to have made a positive difference in my thought processes, because I certainly feel a much more balanced individual. I made a rash judgement on them with my emotions, yet now I've had time to process your words I see my faults and shall do better moving forwards. Thanks for helping me improve myself

Evolution or devolution, everyone is entitled to make a statement I guess. This springs to mind!
(language warning for video below)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Literally lol... It's hard to beat Dennis Leary. Neither of us can be all bad if we judge by that right?

We are all someone's arseh*le on occasion I think, no matter where you stand on any issue. Somebody else is always going to think it's ridiculous, over the line, uncalled for, juvenile, etc.

We can all only do what we feel is right regardless of the court of public opinion, right?

I am flattered by your compliment. Seriously. I have had my mind changed more than once by folks on here. It shows the difference between those who just read and go by emotion and those that are reading to learn.
I am as guilty of the first more often than the latter if I'm honest. But I do try to be more aware of it. It's all we can do.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Granted this movement is probably right-wing, but that doesn't mean you can trash all right-wingers like that. Political Ideology isn't as black and white as you've been led to believe.

That being said, this is a pretty stupid thing to do, which would be shocking, if it wasn't done by a well-established group of incredibly stupid individuals. I would call these guys childish, but that would bring children down to their level.

It's a dumb thing to do, regardless of the justifications.

originally posted by: xuenchen

I think they actually might be Left Wingers casting illusions.

Progressives are masters of trickery.

They've got Europe pretty much "in the dark".

I think that claim might hold some water if you didn't make it everytime a right winger does something wrong.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth
a reply to: Fylgje

Racist trash? How is it racist to call my (presumably) white brothers hillbillies? Coal country like Pennsylvania? Where I lived in Pike County for 10 years before moving to a more redneck friendly place like Arizona? What does this have to do with the Talmud, sure your not the racist? It says right in my post that I AM a right winger, just not a fool like these idiots. No one said it has anything to do with coal its what the hicks call it "rollin coal" for the soot it kicks out.. they made the name up not me. I dont got a problem with coal miners or anyone I was brought up on venison and johnny cash. But no apologies

PS I drive a diesel Isuzu NPR crew cab at work everyday I am quite aware of what goes in the tank.

No hillbilly says about other hillbillies: "sister-loving bullsh8t". None. That is a term produced by Yankees and liars who were in concerted effort to demonizing a whole group of people so that they could take control of the natural resources. They(think Rockefellers and friends) and their family and friends spread the lies, then have their family and friends put it all over TV, in movies, etc.. It was a brainwash against a group of people.

You even refer to them as "hicks", so you consider yourself different. Yet another offensive name for country folk. So sorry that I take offense to that. My patience is worn thin with it, TBH, and that will be the last response I give to it. Ignorance is a hard thing to stop. And how would talking about the Talmud be racist? It's a religious book.....better read a dictionary as to the definition of "racist". You sound very liberal-like.
edit on 8-7-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join