It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Environmentalists Are Now 'Rolling Coal'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This is so insane and disgusting. I have been saying for a while now that these right wing/Tea Party type people are degenerates and delinquents and this is proof of it. Purposefully blowing toxic smog all over because they don't want to have to care about anything except themselves is unbelievably immature and terrible for the environment. This equipment should be outlawed immediately and everyone who sells it or uses it should have it confiscated and fined if not imprisoned, IMO.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328 wow, that Is appaling...can't they find some other way to get their point across??

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Now now, CB. Let's not stereotype. Leave out

I have been saying for a while now that these right wing/Tea Party type people are degenerates and delinquents and this is proof of it.
and you might have a better chance of conscientious conservatives agreeing with you. As it is , you are the one drawing up the battle lines.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm kind of a right wing type I find this to be ridiculous, rude, immature, hillbilly sister lovin' bullsh8t. Of course they gotta do it on the move can't face retaliation that way.
hope they hit a big fat rock

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Im hoping for something like this

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I have been saying for a while now that these right wing/Tea Party type people are degenerates and delinquents and this is proof of it.

Yes, its hard to believe that they just won't listen to your side, given the attitude you and others display towards them. Look down your nose a little harder at them and maybe you'll change their minds. Or not.

That's no defense of their behavior, which I find annoying as well, but if you're going to call people derogatory names and insult them, don't be surprised when they return the favor by doing something like this to get under your skin as well.
edit on 6-7-2014 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Ah, I see that it's not just right leaning sites that like to drum up hyperbole. This is hardly widespread because I hadn't heard of it before you brought it up, but you start trying to dictate to people and they push back.

Maybe you ought to mind your own business?

Just a thought ...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

This equipment should be outlawed immediately and everyone who sells it or uses it should have it confiscated and fined if not imprisoned, IMO.

To be fair… You are saying, "I don't like what someone else likes", and therefore, "that person should be punished but not me".

Maybe I agree that that is distasteful, disprectful, and immature, but simply arguing that because you feel insulted that other people should be imprisoned for it is an invalid argument.

Try adding more to this… Link posting is easy, it's only sightly harder to add an emotional draw to it. Try adding actual substance to your posts and maybe then we can actually talk about it and maybe even take steps in fixing something.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This appears to be a bit of sensationalism. I wasn't able to really watch the video because those ads on Huff and my computer don't get along but I think I know what is going on with 'coal rolling'.

Some good ole boys figured a way to make a diesel engine really smoke on demand....not sure what exactly they are doing but there are several ways this can be accomplished, most are not anymore harmful than a normal engine or a campfire. I've heard about this, sometimes they'll target someone with their windows down or a convertible just to be jackasses.

If anything, the extra smog they make contributes to global dimming which of course has a cooling effect.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It was not specifically done for the intent to be anti environment. It is actually a byproduct of suping up your diesel truck with power adders like the the chip by bully dog. Its more fuel into the combustion chamber, and sometimes some propane to enhance the combustion.

Some people just take it a bit to far and are obnoxious with it. I'm all for getting a little more power out of your engines, but be sensible people.

It is terrible for the environment and terrible for the people around it. Anyone who says its harmless, go stick your face in that exhaust and see how you feel after a few seconds of inhaling. Copious amounts of hydrocarbons are great in everyone's diet!

I guess if you got the money to mod your truck to the extreme, you got the money to burn in diesel fuel.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
They will start being ticketed. Many states have laws about exhaust emissions.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Oh wow. Those big men..
Those big manly men...
Oh my oh my, look how manly and tough they are...!
My god, those big fat stacks thrusting skywards pumping their fists of dragon smoke power!!!
Someone calm me down before I explode at the site of these tough manly men, I'm so impressed at how manly they are!

Said no one ever.

Let's just hope Darwin sorts this lot out with some emission therapy on their lungs.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I dunno I think it's kinda funny. Not in a "let's laugh in the face of environmentalists" way, but the fact they are spending thousands of dollars to make their truck do this for no real benefit. Plus I hope these guys get their vehicles vandalized hahaha at least the ones who drive through traffic like this. If you live out in the middle of nowhere it's probably not as much of a nuisance. As far as environmental impact, I think it has to be a very small percentage of people doing this. Plus their family members will probably get cancer or something.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

This is so insane and disgusting. I have been saying for a while now that these right wing/Tea Party type people are degenerates and delinquents and this is proof of it. Purposefully blowing toxic smog all over because they don't want to have to care about anything except themselves is unbelievably immature and terrible for the environment. This equipment should be outlawed immediately and everyone who sells it or uses it should have it confiscated and fined if not imprisoned, IMO.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I would like to know why you don't complain like this when your favorite president takes so many vacations on airforce one burning more diesel than a 1000 of these trucks. When Airforce One fills up it's 53,611 gallons, and gets 6.87 gallons to the mile. He uses Airforce one for campaigning, fundraising, and vacations.

I wonder how many times a VW diesel jetta could go on the fuel the president used on earth day. Oh wait it was 53000 gallons, Source That means the Jetta at 30mpg could have went, holy cow 63 times around the earth.

53000 X 30 = 1,590,000...... Earth circumference = 24,902 ......... 1,590,000 / 24902 = 63.85

I am listening....

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm going to take the unpopular opinion here and say... Good. Why? Because for all of these folks constantly pissed at others for driving SUVs, eating meat, wearing fur, smoking, the damned list could go on for days and days... Would someone PLEASE think of the children?

Why would anyone not expect this type of behavior to occur? And why are folks always in someone else's business enough to make it where others would WANT to spend this kind of money just to make a statement and purposefully piss those people off? While this behavior may not be what I would do, I can understand it. People are getting tired of others constantly nagging and harping on everything they do, say, eat, feel, and think. Would you rather have this or would you rather have them go postal? Which one? Some are being pushed too far and they are lashing out in whatever way they legally can. Before long it will be whatever way they can... Legally or not.

The people in this thread are also missing the point that most of these "Rolling Coal" setups are built and used in states where there has been a crackdown on all things coal. Entire communities are being destroyed and people's way of living is being made extinct. On purpose. Generations of coal miners, hard workers, close communities have lost more than many will know simply because coal is the NEW dirty word.

Nobody listens when people try to air their grievances, their fears, their worries... But people damn sure sit up and take notice when someone steps out of the PC line and blows a little black exhaust into the atmosphere. God help us all... Stop the baby killers.

Things are going to get worse than this. People everywhere are tired. Is there a better way to do this? At this point no. The little man is not heard when he tries to talk. It's only through actions like this that they draw attention and like a child, when someone wants attention bad enough (for whatever reason) they are going to do what they need to do to get it. People feel that they are being backed into a corner. You wouldn't do that to a wild animal, but we seem to forget what happens when it's done long enough to humans.

JMHO. And I KNOW most will disagree with it.
edit on 7/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Environmentalists really need to put things into perspective. The largest burners of pollution are the coal burning power stations in India and China, the commercial container ships, then diesel trains, airplanes followed by public transport (which never seems to have been upgraded since the 1960's) and then diesel trucks and cars.

Then there are those who make their living from transporting goods across the continent, farmers who need fuel to grow crops. If we wanted to reduce pollution, then we should stop buying cheap plastic stuff from China, buy locally produced food and clothes.

Personally, I'm thinking of upgrading my car engine to a V56 Zvezda M503. I could really do with that extra horsepower when going up the hills in winter:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I laughed pretty hard when I read this article earlier. The slant was so bad I had to tilt my head to the left just to read it....

Top it off by throwing the "anti-environmentalist" label in there, I don't think people would ever understand this culture. Living in Texas, I get to see quite a bit of this. Funny part is, these "big truckers" actually enjoy the environment, and likely spend more time in it than most of the "shocked and angry" commentators below the article.

People here use those big mean and powerful vehicles to actually go out into nature and hunt, fish, party, do donuts, and just generally have fun. When people take offense, it is just like a bonus.

OOOhhhh,, but the Children, gaWd!!! the CHildren....

Children like big, loud, machines. Children like fun at the river, lake, hell, even the middle of nowhere...
Well, the children who aren't technologically saturated anyway.. The poor tablet kids are the ones that worry me. Nobody seems to be talking about the harm done by technological oversaturation on a developing brain.

Just warning all of you bleeding hearts out there... Take away all of the fun from life, and you will be asking for the sickest, most violent hell hole of all time. It won't be the utopia that you are looking for.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
And liberal lefties are also all extremist nuts who think eating any form of meat is murder.

See how easy it is to mock a whole group of people based on the beliefs of a few that the majority of that group disagree with?

About what I expect from you.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
That is so dumb. I'm no environmentalist but every time I see some dick in a truck doing this next to me I wanna ram them off the road.

And I didn't even know it was some stupid fad.. Smh

ETA: OP, please stop trying to bait people into reacting angrily just so you can keep on bitching about "angry tea-partiers"

edit on 6-7-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Ok. Hmmm.
You made me think about my stance. Honestly, I just hate chest thumping activities and just saw them as men with high testosterone and low IQ's. So they annoyed me, it's a pretty juvenile way to protest. I had no love for them, just a disgust towards them and their behaviours.
But reading your words makes me think you've got a very valid point. In the grand scheme it's probably going to achieve very little except them wasting money. Their added pollution is probably not that big of a thing when compared to what industry is doing so I think letting them vent to rid their inner evils (ahem), is probably a good thing I guess.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join