It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 call from distressed couple after sighting bigfoot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
Must be just me then, too many punches to the nose in the ring lol

That face mask won't help either. I hear a man called Bruce is good at correcting problems like that!

Seriously though, when you spend a few weeks outside, your senses become far better, more attuned, focused if you like on your survival.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
"She said she would like to think it's a bear or a cougar, but it's not."

its probably a bear.

I live in San Antonio. We do not have bears. And deer are everywhere out here. I did not hear about this....interesting..
Also here is in image of the area where she saw the "animal".

Light intersection:

Woods to the left:

edit on 6-7-2014 by Emerys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Could be a rogue bear out of its territory.

Don't live in the USA (Canada here) so I don't know where and what states but they reside. But bears are known for roaming a long way out of their natural surroundings in search of better territories to live in.

If you have ever encountered a bear in the dark it is rather frightening, and the noise they can make if they see you as a potential thread to their food source, could easily be mistaken as something much larger. Keep in mind a bear standing on its back legs ( what they can do very well) can make them seem seem like a GIANT.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: resistanceisfutile
Could be a rogue bear out of its territory.

Don't live in the USA (Canada here) so I don't know where and what states but they reside. But bears are known for roaming a long way out of their natural surroundings in search of better territories to live in.

If you have ever encountered a bear in the dark it is rather frightening, and the noise they can make if they see you as a potential thread to their food source, could easily be mistaken as something much larger. Keep in mind a bear standing on its back legs ( what they can do very well) can make them seem seem like a GIANT.

Just my opinion.

Let me just reiterate. We do not have bears. Nor could we. There is not enough water in this dry wasteland to sustain a bear. And if there was a bear, it would be all over the news because it was drinking water out of someones back yard. We all have dogs down here in Texas, and we all have guns. If a bear was to show up, it would not last for a moment. We Texans are also pretty smart when it comes to animals. I think we can identify a bear if it was a bear. This was obviously not a bear. Now what it could have been was a really hungry illegal alien coming up from the border. But the fact that they knew it was an animal and howling. This has some credibility to it.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Emerys

Apologies. For some reason I thought this was in Cali not Texas.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Glad someone substantiated no bears in the San Antonio area. I didn't think that matched too well. Too hot. I'm sure there are cougars though - so maybe a species of cat, who got spooked and screeched on its way out. The people must have been pretty quiet for whatever it was to be that close to people.

How dark it was it? Twilight? If it was pretty clear it makes a difference. If it was getting dark fast I can see a cat leaping away playing tricks on the eyes.

Also - If they knew the dead dear was there why did they camp near it? She said she knew it was there beforehand. I would say if there is meat on the ground get as far away from it as you can. For no other reason than the smell and bugs.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

The only type of bear possible in the southwest would be a brown bear. And they aren't very big or viscious as far as I know. Not the type to slay a big cat and run off into the woods with a deer carcass screaming like a banshee.
The big cats do sound like a woman being murdered, though. They sound like hell. Maybe that is what they heard, but they don't walk on two feet.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

The only type of bear possible in the southwest would be a brown bear. And they aren't very big or viscious as far as I know. Not the type to slay a big cat and run off into the woods with a deer carcass screaming like a banshee.
The big cats do sound like a woman being murdered, though. They sound like hell. Maybe that is what they heard, but they don't walk on two feet.

Yes. And I would just like to add. Our deer are not small. Depending if it is a white tail or axis. Male or Female. You are looking between 100-180+ pounds of deer. I would know, I shoot them all the time. So imagine trying to pick this up and walk off with it...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
"She said she would like to think it's a bear or a cougar, but it's not."

its probably a bear.

Bears don't typically stink. Also, most bears prefer vegetation/berries over meat. They do eat meat if they must, or if their favorite berries are out of season, but I highly doubt any bear could eat a whole deer carcass.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatsup86
If they really exist shouldnt we have found a few of their skeletons by now?

Ask any hunter who has been in the woods all their lives, -how many bear skeletons, or cougar skeletons they have found. Most have never found a bear skeleton. I know this for a fact. So not finding a skeleton doesn't really mean anything, IMO.

This caller and her husband sound very credible to me. I think they possibly saw a Bigfoot. Now would be the time for hunters like Les Stroud to swarm the area while it's hot. Any serious hunter of such things would be there pronto if they are really serious about finding Bigfoot.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Seems to be a lot of Bigfoot threads lately, not that I mind, I believe there's something to it.

Time will tell I guess.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I'll throw it out there since no one else has said it - skinwalker. They are associated with blood curdling howls and an extremely bad smell. I'm not saying that's what it is, but it is an alternative to a bigfoot eating a deer

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: whatsup86 No not necessarily. Years ago there were reports of a large bird. Size of a small plane. Sightings went in a line from South America to Canada. I seen it my self, I was 14 and with my brother. We ran and hid in an out house for 10 min before we came out. Of course no others seen it and none believed us. Years later it was reported by several different witnesses again going across Canada. Where are the bones from it's ancestors. How many dinosaur fossils do we have? Think a lot more existed than we have found? Once i saw a large comet or meteorite going though the atmosphere. Watched it for like 5 min or more on my drive back from work. looked as big as the sun in the sky, of course it wasn't as big as the sun, it was just closer and was that size in comparison. I asked everyone around if the seen it. None did. It wasn't on the news. I searched all over the internet and found that a few observatory noticed it. but it wasn't widely recognized. It was there. But would any one that didn't see it believe me. No because it wasn't on the news. Something that large in the sky, for many minutes and almost no one seen it, that was hard to believe, but it happened. Oh yeah it was daytime when i seen it.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I went to college in San Antonio and grew up in the sparsely populated Texas Hill Country to the north. Let me set the record straight that there hasn't been a bear in the area in the better part of 100 years, or more. We just don't have bear here...anywhere. The closest place that has a bear or two is Big Bend and that's about 700 miles west of here.

We do have cougar/puma/mountain lions though, but these folks seem to quickly discount the notion that it was one. They're not very common anyhow, and I doubt one would be near a major intersection like the one they're near. Although, I wouldn't be surprised.

That said, the stinking smell, the size and demonstrated strength all point to something else. Here's a posting by Clayton Stapleton, a native of the hill country that's north of San Antonio. He describes an incident that happened to him. The second story in this blog is my own father's told by me after he shared it with me. I found Clayton's blog after searching for others who had a similar encounter as my dad. It's interesting stuff as these two encounters were only about 20 miles apart, and they're both only about 60 miles from where these homeless people saw something.

whatwasthen.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
There are NO Bears even close to San Antonio nor does San Antonio even have a recent Bear history. Trust me, I know because I lived there for 23 years of my life and been a Texan all my life. So lets throw the Bear notion out the window here and now.

So its either a hoax, or someone huge was dressed in a costume playing a prank on those two homeless folks. However, if you knew someone was homeless and didnt have the technology to record it or video it and whatnot, then why bother hoaxing them? Unless your trying to scare them....but again, many other ways to scare people than dressing up like a Squatch late at night.

Another hoax would be that they fabricated it all. But again, what would a homeless couple have to gain by doing that? Attention maybe? Who knows.
edit on 10-7-2014 by -Blackout- because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

I think you mean black bear. brown bear is another name for grizzly. black bears are small(er.) black bears probably live in east texas near arkansas. the posters may be right that there are no bears there. but they could also be wrong. bear can and do live in desert mountains in NM and AZ. there is suitable bear habitat north west of san antonio in the hills near fredricksburg. not saying bears live there. but i've seen that area and it is a lush area. lovely country. hilly. wooded. lots of water.

furthermore:

www.tpwd.state.tx.us...

Habitat
The American Black Bear is found throughout North America in habitats ranging from swamps to desert scrub. Black Bears were once found through out North America, mostly in forests, but also in deserts and swamps. At least two subspecies of Black Bear are thought to occur in Texas: the Mexican Black Bear (Ursus americanus eremicus) and the New Mexico Black Bear (subspecies U. a. amblyceps). Both are found in West Texas in desert scrub or woodland habitats within scattered mountain ranges, predominantly the Chisos and Guadalupe Mountains. Both subspecies are state-listed as endangered in Texas. The Louisiana Black Bear (subspeciesU. a. luteolus) is on the federal threatened species list. It is not known to be found in Texas, although potential habitat exists in the eastern part of the state.
Distribution
Today, Black Bears are found predominantly in the Appalachian area of the eastern U.S. across Canada to the Northern Pacific Coast. In addition, Black Bears are found in most of the Gulf Coast states and the Rocky Mountains.
Other
If you judge by recent reported sightings, the Black Bear is making a significant comeback in Texas. However, public interest in an animal often has a way of fueling additional sightings, especially during poor visibility conditions. This is true not only with bears, but many other elusive and intriguing animals, such as Mountain Lions or sharks. In other words, some of the bear reports could be false.

From the Big Bend to Austin, bear sightings have surprised biologists and the public alike. On the other hand, at least one sighting per year of Black Bears in the Hill Country is not uncommon. These individuals may be truly wild animals looking for suitable habitat or mates, but it is entirely possible that they are released or escaped captive animals. In any case, the chances of a recently established population of Black Bears in the Hill Country are remote. Central Texans are probably seeing wandering individuals from farther west.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
and

www.tpwd.state.tx.us...

Rural Residents, Hunters Advised to Be Bear Aware

AUSTIN — Wildlife biologists are advising hunters, ranchers and rural residents that black bears appear to be roaming longer distances and may approach people or houses in search of food and water because of the drought.

If conditions remain dry, people could see more bears, said Mike Krueger, district leader of the Edwards Plateau Wildlife District for Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.

“We’re getting a few reports of people seeing bears during daylight hours, and that’s unusual,” Krueger said. “It’s the associated water around homes and the food. The pet food, the smell of cooking; all those things could attract bears.”

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a bear can stand up and fight standing up but i don't think they travel on two legs even when in flight. also they do not smell strongly. that weighs against the bear hypothesis. also i am pretty sure anyone can identify a bear when they see one even if they have never seen on in person before.

big feet(?) particulalry in the south and south east are often reported as having a powerful awful smell.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
a bear can stand up and fight standing up but i don't think they travel on two legs even when in flight. also they do not smell strongly. that weighs against the bear hypothesis. also i am pretty sure anyone can identify a bear when they see one even if they have never seen on in person before.

big feet(?) particulalry in the south and south east are often reported as having a powerful awful smell.

Yeah that's the giveaway. A bear to my knowledge doesn't run away on 2 legs carrying a whitetail. Also the screeches and screams aren't something a bear does that I've heard of.

<< 1   >>

join