It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 call from distressed couple after sighting bigfoot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Here's something you don't get to hear often. A homeless couple taking shelter in tent called 911 after witnessing what the caller says was "Something big just devoured a deer and ran away screeching into the woods"

She sounds very coherent and she never comes out and says Bigfoot. Just something that smells really bad and is a "creature". "911 needs to get animal control out here". She said she would like to think it's a bear or a cougar, but it's not.

Later, you can hear her husband in the background verifying the incident as the 911 operator dispatches units to meet the couple at the highway. They both respond "We're not going anywhere in the dark after this" scoffing at the idea.

Anyway, I thought this would be an interesting addition to the anecdotal and photographic evidence.

edit on 6-7-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
"She said she would like to think it's a bear or a cougar, but it's not."

its probably a bear.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Big things, close, in the woods, at night... those scary situations make you realize how vulnerable you are in a tent.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Nice find.
She seems to be telling the truth.
I know nothing about bears or anything like that but for something to eat a deer carcass sounds pretty frightening.
Is there any animals out there like that ?

Wonder if there's been a follow up story ?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
She certainly saw something, that much seems clear.

Bears seldom run screeching into the woods... Nor do cougars, though a cougar scream will lift the hair off your head if you don't know what it is...

Late at night? Cougar scream could indeed be what it was...

But she certainly seems certain it's not.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
How terrifying would that be?? Geez! I don't blame them for not wanting to go meet the officers by the road. I think I would want to stay put as well after something like that.

You could tell that she didn't want to sound crazy and that for me, makes it more believable. If they just wanted attention they would have been screaming Bigfoot the whole time.

Thanks for the share.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Yeah, even her husband was reluctant to say anything other than "I know I don't know what it was, but it picked up that dear and walked away on two feet"

Seems pretty sure of what he saw, er, didn't see...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
She sounds dead honest ands dead serious.

What about the Oxford scientist who has matched dna from hair samples from reported bigfoot encounters, and he has confirmed it as being an ancient bear like creature thought to be extinct 40,000 years ago, I saw that thread on here in the last few days, details are from memory but accurate I believe.

I am sure we will find plenty of strange species in years to come.

And interestingly , many bigfoot encounters report the vile smell.

Great thread, thanks.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If they really exist shouldnt we have found a few of their skeletons by now?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: whatsup86

That's a typical question asked. But as per Les Stroud, in all his years he's never come across a bear skeleton.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ever heard a bear and cougar / mountain lion fighting over food? Jesus Christ its enough to freeze the blood.

I'd suspect a mountain lion killed the deer, was feeding and then the bear ambled in for its mojo. Then it all kicked off.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Great find! SnF
I don't know much about bears other than I hope I never encounter one unprepared, so my question is this to those who know more about them.
Can a bear pick up a carcass and run off on two legs?
The man was pretty sure it was not a bear and being in the woods living for 6yrs, I'm pretty sure he would know a bear if he saw one.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Astr0

Now that's possible.

The noise would be incredible. ...and terrifying if you're not familiar with the noise an angry cougar makes.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I would think they're pretty familiar seeing they've been in them woods for 6 years. I think even a city slicker could probably tell a lion and a bear scrapping. But they didn't report animals fighting, they reported a "critter" hauling off a dear in two arms and two legs.

edit on 6-7-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Astr0

Now that's possible.

The noise would be incredible. ...and terrifying if you're not familiar with the noise an angry cougar makes.

I've been fifty yards from a cougar / Grizzly fight. Early winter, downed elk. Dark, night time, heard the crashing, then then chomping, then splashing water and then...

Then hell came with it.

In all my years, its the single worst thing I have ever heard. In the morning we found the dead cat, the elk, and bear prints bigger that both my fists could sit in with 4 inches to spare.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I didn't say that's definitively what they saw. I said possible.

I've personally seen bigfoot. So I am inclined towards belief. But not every sighting that could be bigfoot, is bigfoot.

This one? I don't know. Which leaves options open for discussion.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
Here's something you don't get to hear often. A homeless couple taking shelter in tent called 911 after witnessing what the caller says was "Something big just devoured a deer and ran away screeching into the woods"

She sounds very coherent and she never comes out and says Bigfoot. Just something that smells really bad and is a "creature". "911 needs to get animal control out here". She said she would like to think it's a bear or a cougar, but it's not.

Later, you can hear her husband in the background verifying the incident as the 911 operator dispatches units to meet the couple at the highway. They both respond "We're not going anywhere in the dark after this" scoffing at the idea.

Anyway, I thought this would be an interesting addition to the anecdotal and photographic evidence.

It said that the creature was 75 foot away but she was able to smell it, she must have a nose like a blood hound.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
It said that the creature was 75 foot away but she was able to smell it, she must have a nose like a blood hound.

I can smell rotten garbage at way over 100 yards in the right wind and weather.

Its why when I travel to the wilds I smoke no cigars at all. You can be smelt literally a thousand yards down wind. A bear that's been nose into a body cavity? a cat too? the dead cadaver? all mingle to make eye watering stench.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astr0

originally posted by: sosobad

I can smell rotten garbage at way over 100 yards in the right wind and weather.

Its why when I travel to the wilds I smoke no cigars at all. You can be smelt literally a thousand yards down wind. A bear that's been nose into a body cavity? a cat too? the dead cadaver? all mingle to make eye watering stench.

Must be just me then, too many punches to the nose in the ring lol

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

This is a wild guess....but I don't think there are a lot of large bears that would be found around the San Antonio area.

Here is another Big Foot call to authorities that I listened to a while back.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join