It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts aren't spirits, this is what they are...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
My theory is that ghost are not dead folk floating about, as such but rather
living folk, vaguely seen through the veil of illusion that our death has impressed on minds! THIS is the afterlife and WE are the dead but we dont realise it. Those who die here and are buried go on to the next cycle of life,
completely unaware of us, except for the occasional "sensation" when the orbit of our dimension is closer to theirs. Each cycle of life is objective physical reality to those in it, as is ours here. We are their ghost, just as those of the last cycle are ours.
We die in one cycle and are reborn in the next, there is no life eternal excepting through death and rebirth. The living know that they shall die, but the dead know nothing (of us)

What do you think?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
thats like the movie the others where the people that you see through the whole movie are dead and you think are alive and the others are actually living people but thats an interesting theory and that would explain lots of things. I think that there are too many relms/dimensions that collide with each other and it makes us see alot of things we can't explain.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I dont know. . . just because the sides are closer dosent mean that we can still percieve through the gap between them. if we could, then whats stopping us from looking at the other side of a circle. In the case of ghosts, two time periods are happening at the same time. Same Time, guys. Not beside. SAME TIME.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I can agree with your idea that time is an oval- mostly because when I try to picture time in my mind- when I think about the past I always see a visual that spans an amount almost 2 years...

It would be like if you saw an oval and the two opposite points would be December 2004 and December 2003... but every two years it sort of overlaps like an oval spiral that goes up as time passes.
In high school I decided that must be how time passed and started drawing out points on the spiral along with generally what I was doing, things going on around me and my general emotional states as well as the people around me- and every two years everything is extremely similar.

For example- next spring I am scheduled to get extremely depressed and have some major upheaval- it happens every other year (gets slightly earlier each time) and should be around early April next time. It overlaps each time on the cycle- last time I was hospitalized, before that I ended a 5 year relationship, before that graduated and all my friends moved, before that I switched schools- it's always at the same point in the cycle.

If you were to turn the spiral and look down from the top you can see a pattern that everything just repeats the same way. I've never fully explained it to anyone- but I also see it in the people around me which is why I do believe there is some sort of connection going on.

I'm not sure about the spirits just being slightly trasposed though.

Originally posted by _BLiND_
My theory goes like this,

Basically instead of time being linear, or time being a circle, it's a bit of both.
Time is a very illiptical (the right word?), instead of a circle it is an oval.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
That's a pretty good theory. The first theory I thought of was Ghosts are very very light photon masses that are left behind when a person dies. When the photons are bunched together you can see a ghost or orb in photos. It was a very stupid theory anyways since our bodies don't have any photons in them....

-Bonks self on head-

top topics

<< 1   >>

join