It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts aren't spirits, this is what they are...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
My theory goes like this,

Basically instead of time being linear, or time being a circle, it's a bit of both.

Time is a very illiptical (the right word?), instead of a circle it is an oval. Now what if this Oval was so stretched that its sides almost touched? Would that not give a super imposed image on each side? Kind of like putting 2 photo negatives ontop of each other.

Maybe this is how Nostrodomus got his predictions? And what ghosts actually are?

I am so smart, S-M-R-T.... ( haha actually i wrote on a test in highschool, "I am so smart, S-M-A-T" and the teacher marked it wrong saying it was "S-M-R-T"
)

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Maybe so.

It would be nice to (finally!) have some proof that there are ghosts.

There are definitely "spirits", though (we're all one), but I haven't seen any evidence of what I'd call "ghosts"...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
very good theory!..I'll have to look into it. it is possible that time is elliptical, but if the past and present were that close together, don't you think that we'd see more spirits than we do?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I once heard an interesting theory on ghosts, it said that they were more memories, or clipits of the past burnt into time. That is why we sometime see them...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I also watched a show on the discovery channel that stated that theory...but I think mine makes alot more sense.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
there are three types of ghosts, historical, interactive, and crisis apperitions. historical ghosts do not interact, but relive the same moment over and over again. interactive ghosts are the types that interact with people, (polterguist), and crisis apperitions appear directly after their death to a loved one for a final goodbye.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Um here in the U.S. with all the whining going on about everyone being politicaly correct and hurting no ones feelings. The ghost have come together. Effective immediately the wish to be called Apparition Americans. Just in case you jump the pond searching for them.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It is my belief that historical ghost are people that had such a high energy or electrical output in their body, that an event is imprinted in an area, like stated above, that it is like being recording on a certain areas and sensitive people can see it sorta like a video recording...crisis apparitions are of course not hard to figure out as they have simply not crossed over yet. As to poltergeists....I'm not sure about them, perhaps just stuck here for whatever reason...as to the theory above, I don't know. I was brought up in an extremely active home and have had many apparitional sightings, most wouldn't seem to make sense that it was a different time frame.....though that would explain a few of them. What you explain is much like my theory on what Deja Vu is

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I currently live in a very active household, even when i was younger things would always be going "bump in the night". Paranormal activity I mean.

I haven't read your theory on Deja-vu yet, but mine is this:

Everything happens for a reason. Every second you live, you re-live that moment over and over until you get it right, because everything happens for a reason. So you've done it before yes, but you've done it before at the exact moment you just did it, basically time stops until you get it right.

Thats my theory, now I'm going to read yours.
Thanks for the link.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Time and it's true nature might be the fundamentel mechanism behind lots of paranormal phenomona from ghosts, ESP to a form of afterlife and reincarnation. I've never seen a ghost but I believe I might have 'felt' a spirit and smelt them (sounds vaguely disgusting but it wasn't).

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BLiND_

Basically instead of time being linear, or time being a circle, it's a bit of both.

Time is a very illiptical (the right word?), instead of a circle it is an oval. Now what if this Oval was so stretched that its sides almost touched? Would that not give a super imposed image on each side? Kind of like putting 2 photo negatives ontop of each other.

Maybe this is how Nostrodomus got his predictions? And what ghosts actually are?

I am so smart, S-M-R-T.... ( haha actually i wrote on a test in highschool, "I am so smart, S-M-A-T" and the teacher marked it wrong saying it was "S-M-R-T"
)

Ive had a similar theory for some time now! But i thinkthe ghosts are ppl stuck in time itsself!

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I do wish I could go back and find that thread I channeled most of my way through about time. It really struck me, made me think differently about time.
A part if what I was given (it isn't as effective in my words as it was it those words), but it was something about...
If you are 3 then turn 4, you do not stop being 3. Just because you are 4, you do not stop being 3.
I know, that may make absolutely no sence in this thread to some, but if you think about this, within the framework and subject of time itself ... it is definatley not a line, and it's not really a circle. We still think in shapes, but it's more like atmosphere - it's encompassing and to differnet degrees.

Try to think of a stack of pancakes...the bottome one largest, the next one a bit smaller, then smaller etc... Reality/realms/time - what we know and understand is this tiny little pancake at the top of this huge stack. And although each pancake is seperate and can be "an individual pancake", the entire stack is the (uh oh. I have no word for this part.)

Is this making sence to anyone? Actualy - if the few that read this thread don't mind, I think I'll double up and post this on a seperate thread so we get more talk on this subject.

Oh - and ghosts. I don't like the way definitions of things are put together, so I don't really even like the term ghosts. I can't for the life of me remember what the question about them was now though. Ooops.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
It is my belief that historical ghost are people that had such a high energy or electrical output in their body, that an event is imprinted in an area, like stated above, that it is like being recording on a certain areas and sensitive people can see it sorta like a video recording...

I use heat-signatures as an example. Someone could have left a room hours ago but take a heat-sensitive photograph and you can see the person's body shape and/or movements.

Originally posted by LadyV
As to poltergeists....I'm not sure about them, perhaps just stuck here for whatever reason...as to the theory above, I don't know.

I know everyone who thinks differently will roll their eyes, but will throw in that interactive bodies which cause disturbances and/or fear are demonic. It comes down to sourcing intentions. Beyond humans there is absolute good and absolute evil, we humans are the ones who tend to mix the two. I know I've said it before, but think LadyV's perspectives are interesting.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
Is this making sence to anyone?

Then I got lost, hungry, and wishing I was at IHOP. Mmmm...German pancakes and a carafe of coffee...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
Is this making sence to anyone?

Then I got lost, hungry, and wishing I was at IHOP. Mmmm...German pancakes and a carafe of coffee...

LMAO! Crap. That does sound good. And here I am on a diet again. You know... (this may be another thread in itself) ... I'm starting to believe what they say about you hit 30. Suddenly looking your best actualy takes work, self dicipline and even deprivation!
I will take that coffee though :-)

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
They get plenty of exorcise!

Speaking of fitness, here's my formula for success if interested:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

They get plenty of exorcise!

Speaking of fitness, here's my formula for success if interested:

One eyebrow up~ lol
My formula for fitness is usualy decent choices when eating and hard work/hard play. (and being one top counts as cardio

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Kudos for making it easy! I think I went through such a lengthy analysis and regiment to compensate for my lack of motivation and self-discipline at the time.

[edit on 2-12-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BLiND_

)

Apparently you've never been haunted by anyone. Especially someone that you knew.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
This thread need to get back on topic. If needed review the initial post: Ghosts aren't spirits, this is what they are...

Some of you may need to read the Terms & Conditions again. There you will find this:
13.) You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any forums nor disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages

top topics

<<   2 >>

join